• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Chat and Tagging

CharizardY

Master of Fire
    Years
    Forgive me if this has already been suggested, but what are the odds of adding a chat to the front page of the forums? Also there is a feature out where users can tag other users in posts much like how Facebook and Twitter does.

The company that makes boths mods is dbTech.

Thanks for your consideration!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Forgive me if this has already been suggested, but what are the odds of adding a chat to the front page of the forums?
    Too messy of a feature. With how many people would be in there, it would be hard to moderate and keep an eye on things. Besides, PC already has it's own separate chat channel, which you can access here.

Also there is a feature out where users can tag other users in posts much like how Facebook and Twitter does.
    I believe that's already in the works by our resident coding wizards. People have suggested it plenty of times before, so it's a feature that's being worked on and will be revealed whenever it's ready.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Just for reference, I brought up installing that tagging mod and the reason they won't is because of the copyright notice it'll put on the forums.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Just for reference, I brought up installing that tagging mod and the reason they won't is because of the copyright notice it'll put on the forums.

If you think about it though, in the long-term, having the feature tailor coded into the forums by our admins would prove advantageous. Considering, if something were to go wrong, the problems could easily be fixed; there's no need to waste time tampering with someone's else's code, you know?

Buying the Pro version get's rid of that. I have pro on one of my own and there is no copyright.

Why spend money on the Pro version when we have such talented admins? ;)

CharizardY

Master of Fire
    Years
    If you think about it though, in the long-term, having the feature tailor coded into the forums by our admins would prove advantageous. Considering, if something were to go wrong, the problems could easily be fixed; there's no need to waste time tampering with someone's else's code, you know?

Why spend money on the Pro version when we have such talented admins? ;)

Fair point haha! Either way it would be cool to get notifications when a certain person reply's to a post of yours. Hoping it's added.

Back