• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Suggestion/Idea: Weather & Seasons on Diamond/Pearl

Years
    Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are releasing in the end of this year in Japan. My suggestion would be Diamond and Pearl having "random" weather. What I mean is having different weather according to the season we have, and not different weather in specific places. I think this would make the game more realistic in some way. What do you think?

Years
    Yup :P Also, just think, will have to wait until spring to catch an Oddish or Sunkern or till the winter for a Snorunt lol xD Also rainy days we'll be swearing cause we won't be able to find a wild Growlithe to catch :P

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    I think Season-based pokemon are a bad idea, because in the six months I have to wait to catch something I'll loose interest in the game. However, the random weather affecting pokemon's appearence is cool, as is day and night affecting encounters. I miss the Metal generation!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Ash_Pokemaster said:
    Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are releasing in the end of this year in Japan. My suggestion would be Diamond and Pearl having "random" weather. What I mean is having different weather according to the season we have, and not different weather in specific places. I think this would make the game more realistic in some way. What do you think?

Dude...you have way too much free time devoted to thinking about this. xD

Anyways, I second Charon on this one, seasonal waiting would be such a pain in the Bronx. Random weather effects? That I have nothing against, in fact, that would be cool. The same goes for altering pokémon spawns according to it. For instance, I'd imagine that Sunkerns would hide down in the soil during rainy period while caterpillar pokémon would crawl up (As their underground tunnels would start getting filled with water) and water types like Lotad would probably love the weather. ^^ Timed creature appearances would be nicely realistic too, although I recall them being a major nuisance. *Has some less-than-pleasant memories of the metal generation* <.<

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    @ Alter: I have nice memories of Silver - I remember staying up REEEALLY late, waiting, and being ever so excited about it!
    Yeah, I was very strange then o_o;

Years
    Charon-chan said:
    I think Season-based pokemon are a bad idea, because in the six months I have to wait to catch something I'll loose interest in the game. However, the random weather affecting pokemon's appearence is cool, as is day and night affecting encounters. I miss the Metal generation!
    Well, that's right in some way. But still, it could make these Pokemon be more rare anyway. Also that could determinate the evolution of some Pokemon. For example according to the temperature. And that could be another use of the new Pokemon Gadget. :P

Edit:
    Alter_Ego said:
    That I have nothing against, in fact, that would be cool. The same goes for altering pokémon spawns according to it. For instance, I'd imagine that Sunkerns would hide down in the soil during rainy period while caterpillar pokémon would crawl up (As their underground tunnels would start getting filled with water) and water types like Lotad would probably love the weather. ^^ Timed creature appearances would be nicely realistic too, although I recall them being a major nuisance.

That's my point xD

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Charon-chan said:
    @ Alter: I have nice memories of Silver - I remember staying up REEEALLY late, waiting, and being ever so excited about it!
    Yeah, I was very strange then o_o;

Ahh...you seem to misunderstand, I never said that I didn't have good memories of G/S/C, I just said that I have some bad ones too. Like always arriving at the Sprout Tower too late. It took me like two weeks to catch a friggen' Ghastly. <.< That being said, I've had my share of excitement with silly things like finding a Sunkern in the National Park. xD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I really don't like the idea of waiting 4 months to catch a Pokemon. I'll like the fact that depending on the weather those certain Pokemon come out while others hide.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    @ Alter: I remember, I persuaded my Mum to let me stay up especially for a Ghastly! I bought the game early from the Canary Islands, so I was...gawd, 11 or 12 then. My Mum was SO strict about bedtimes back then, but she let me stay up late and it was a right little adventure! *chuckles to self* Of course, I soon got bored of ghastly and trained up a spinarak instead, but that's not the point.

I reckon there's a pretty good chance we'll be VERY disappointed, though. I mean, we have so many good dieas, but Gamefreak would need years to include them all. But I can just imagine waiting for the rain to stop at 10 o' clock at night, in search of that elusive fire/dark type!

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    ~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~ said:
    It will be dissiponeting if they spent all of this time and they don't make this effect.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

How would it be disappointing? They never said anything about weather effects, so being disappointed is kind of unreasonable.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I think that this is not a good idea, waiting four months to catch a certain Pokemon seems like a bit too long if you ask me. I do like the idea of random weather though, that would be better than nothing at all I guess.

Years
    Seasons would be very funky. It would be hzad to do because of the "Catch'em all" logo. I like the idea of Weather though. I would love for some tornadoes or something,=.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Yes certain Pokemon can come out in sertain weather.
    For example
    Sunny: alot of Pokemon come out
    Darkness: alot of dark and ghost types come out
    Well you get the point.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    Hmm.. What if, everytime you connected to wifi, the game would download weather information for the next few days, and use those in the game? If the game doesnt have information because you don't use wifi, it'll just choose randomly depending on the season.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    slix00 said:
    Hmm.. What if, everytime you connected to wifi, the game would download weather information for the next few days, and use those in the game? If the game doesnt have information because you don't use wifi, it'll just choose randomly depending on the season.
    Cool idea but maybe they wont make seasoned Pokemon... It would bore people because like if there is a pokemon for each season you will have to wait 6+ months, it's insane...

Back