• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion!

ROM Hacker
Years
  • Hey ppl! i have a suggestion for PC.

how about a thread where people can post news about pokemon.

like where people can go on the thread and say stuff thats news-y like on serebii or marriland...

like "so-and-so pokemon discovered!" or "new game! pokemon platinum!"

stuff like that

マツバ

Cry for Clearity~
    Years
  • Cram everything into a small package? o_O

Um, what do you think an entire forum is for? There are plenty of places to post about the latest news... There are threads in Pokémon General, or simply looking in the Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (DS). Hey, you can even find the Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation stickie, and usually any brand new Pokémon Platinum news goes in there.

Ultimately, a single thread to post the latest news about everything would be redundant, because that's what a forum section and multiple threads are for. Individual threads to discuss such. Basically, the way a forum works counters your suggestion. A single thread for all the latest news would become utter chaos and clutter, to be honest. ._.; It'd simply be organized to have individual threads for individual news.

If there's brand new headline news, put the thread in the proper forum, but make sure you check out the stickies before posting it. (i.e they may have overall news threads like I previously linked) Also, be sure to search whatever forum the topic is first because someone might have already posted the news/story. :)

In case my point doesn't come across clearly...
    Example:
    "New feature in Platinum!" Goes in the speculation stickie.
    "New Pokémon clothing line for adults!" Goes in Pokémon General.
    "A new event in D/P!" Goes in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (DS)

Instead of being crammed all in one thread, like your suggestion, it goes in new different threads in the correct forum. Understand?

Well, that's my take on the matter. Have a nice day.

Iris

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2015
    In addition to the post above, I would like to point out the convenience of the RSS Feed within the Pokémon General forum. NewsBot gathers information from various sources and a thread is automatically made to display what has been gathered. There would be no real need for a consecutive thread for Pokémon-related news when we have a valuable resource already in our hands.

Back