• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion

Poffin

Legendary Trainer
    Years
    If you're a supporter, the top ads are removed. If not, adblock is your friend.

I think the ads are PC's sponsers?

I'm not a supporter and I don't want to be, it would be better if everyone has no ads though.

Zet

Years
    PC needs a source of income since hosting isn't cheap, neither is a vB license. If you don't like ads just pay $5 (I think that's the amount to get rid of ads) not that hard buddy. But I guess that is out of the question... So how would you like to host PC and everything so you won't have to see ads? :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I'm not a supporter and I don't want to be, it would be better if everyone has no ads though.
    Ohhh. I get it; you're a freeloading parasite, right? That's the only explanation :3
    The ads provide revenue in addition to the supporter system that helps to supplement the cost of hosting this wonderful place~

Years
    I would recommend that you use stylish and hide the ads instead.

Adblock removes the advertisements (i.e. stops them from showing up) and this can lead to less revenue from the ads. Most Stylish scripts will hide it for you, but they will still load, and PC will get money from it.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    If you're not willing to support the community stop complaining that there are ads.

Unfortunately, that's how it goes. The ads support the community, so unless everyone on PC becomes a community supporter, the ads have to stay.

Years
    If you're not willing to support the community stop complaining that there are ads.

Unfortunately, that's how it goes. The ads support the community, so unless everyone on PC becomes a community supporter, the ads have to stay.

Some people are willing but they are unable to do so.

Also, if eveyone became supporter, sooner or later; the money would run out p__p

Zet

Years

Some people are willing but they are unable to do so.

Also, if eveyone became supporter, sooner or later; the money would run out p__p

If they're unable to do sms or snail mail then I really don't know what other method you need if some can't use paypal. Also all the inactive members can't become supporters ;o

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    You say this, but she's made perfectly clear that she doesn't want to be a supporter.

There's nothing you can do, Poffin, short of using Stylish or AdBlock Plus, and those decrease the ad revenue that PC's admins make to support the site.

It costs a lot of money for web hosting and for the vBulletin software license and updates. Please think twice before complaining about something like this on a service you're using for free.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    Well, ads don't just appear because they do. Seriously, people pay to advertise, and it's not free. They need the ads paid for so that the site can keep running. vBulletin isn't free, so erm.. yeah.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Alternatively, I do believe all sets of administrator usergroups have ads disabled. :) If you can't donate money to PC, you could spend years working your way up to become an admin!

...but I think procuring $5 to send in would be a bit easier.

Otherwise, if you can think of a way for us to pull in revenue without ads, by all means let us know.

Back