• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestions for any special features in a FR/LG Hack?

Blackvolution

Worst Hacker Ever
Years
  • Hello everybody!

I'm about to make a FR/LG Hack (I've already began, but I'm not hacking the game itself now, I'm going to hack this when I'm finished with hacking the sprites, Titlescreen, World Maps and so on...) and I wanted to know if anybody knows a special feature I could get into it. I don't care if it's a telephone, mini-games or anything like that, the main-problem is: I don't know anything about ASM or Code-Hacking. So, somebody would have to show me how. Of course he'd get credits, when this Hack gets released ^^. It's in German, I'm from Austria ^^.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    So you want ideas for features in your hack that can be implemented without ASM?

Personally I've never liked the idea of having novelty features in hacks. I feel like they're used to distract people from weak stories/mapping/scripting (ie the things that matter). I think the original games are guilty of this (look at all the mini-games).

Anyway ideas... you could have a radio, I remember the old Liquid Ocean had this feature. I'm pretty sure it could be done completely with scripts. Mini-games are probably the way to go though.

Blackvolution

Worst Hacker Ever
    Years
  • A radio? Lol, i don't know, how it could work with scripts xD.
    I didn't mean that I'm not gonna make something without asm, maybe somebody out there could help me and I'd be ready to learn something about it if I'd had to.

I just wanna collect ideas, so I'm no gonna say if I'm going to use them :D.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • you know what would be fun, you know in the players room the nes, It would be fun if you can unlock some nes games throw out the games like super mario bros zelda zelda 2 ...This Idea seems vevery complex just scripting wont cut it I think you would need asm or something even arder like hacking the games engine I dont know but I sounds like a good Idea

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • Hmm... how about a TV that has like 100 random lines it will say each time you talk to it. Would be unique IMO. Although, you don't actually watch it.
    (Imagine the ROM connecting to the internet and downloading live footage of real channels and showing it on VBA.)

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
  • Here's an idea I was thinking about implementing in my hack, but I never got around to starting it...It's sort of like the Kecleon stalls in Mystery Dungeon:

On the streets, you'll see a guy selling a bunch of items (The items are in PokeBalls, right on the ground next to him). If you "talk" to an item, he'll ask if that's the one you want to buy. If you say "Yes," but can't afford it, he'll tell you to leave or something.

If you say "No," the game will prompt if you want to steal the item. If you say "Yes," there will either be a chance that you take the item without being noticed, or he'll battle you and you only take the item if you win.

I'm pretty sure it can be accomplished with scripting, hard work, and a little imagination.

Years
  • Here's an idea I was thinking about implementing in my hack, but I never got around to starting it...It's sort of like the Kecleon stalls in Mystery Dungeon:

On the streets, you'll see a guy selling a bunch of items (The items are in PokeBalls, right on the ground next to him). If you "talk" to an item, he'll ask if that's the one you want to buy. If you say "Yes," but can't afford it, he'll tell you to leave or something.

If you say "No," the game will prompt if you want to steal the item. If you say "Yes," there will either be a chance that you take the item without being noticed, or he'll battle you and you only take the item if you win.

I'm pretty sure it can be accomplished with scripting, hard work, and a little imagination.
    Ya that sounds somewhat easy to script. Very easy actually.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • How about this idea, I ws going to use it for a hack I was planning but I called it off so I won't be using it now.

Anyway make a statue like the one in this tutorial and add a script to it that say something like "this is a shrine leaving a offering here may bring good fortune" then asks you if you want to leave coin, if you do it sets a flag. Next have a map with a level script tht checks the flag mentioned earlier, if the flag has not been set the level script sets the weather to sandstorm but if it is set then it sets the flag to sunny. To finish this off add scripts to unset the flag when you leave the map.

I hope you undersood what I have said. BTW I planned to use Regirock as the statue.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    I agree with Hedgehogger.

I have an idea or three:
    -You can get a shovel (Item slot 010B) and use it to find buried treasure like in Zelda: A Link to the Past. There would even be an area like the Safari Zone/ ALTTP Digging game, or that island in Phantom Hourglass.
    -Bog tiles from Generation 4.
    -See if you can make FLAMETHROWER and WATER GUN field moves.
    -Magic Beans like in Zelda: Majora's Mask which can be planted in certain places in the ground and made to grow with WATER GUN.
    -More from Zelda, how about Kinstone Fusion? Wild Pokemon sometimes hold Kinstones (item slots 0034- 003E) which when fused activate script flags, Mystery Gifts and Pokemon Swarms, among other things.

Years
  • -Magic Beans like in Zelda: Majora's Mask which can be planted in certain places in the ground and made to grow with WATER GUN.
    That would seriously make an epic mini-game. =D

I have some ideas that won't affect the game in any way, but are kinda cool:

- Do a quest for a hip young dude, and if you complete it, he gives you a CD. It's a key item, and you can listen to a variety of different PKMN music, such as battle music, game corner music, etc. whilst moving about, similar to the Radio thing in Fallout 3.

- I know you're doing FR/LG, but Secret bases would be cool. And then you could go a step further and have a flag designer. XD

I forgot the rest.

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
    Years
  • i would like the player to be the evil, not fight it. in other words, be the evil organisation.

i like those sorta games, like toxic purple, but you have to start with a rattata :\ but.. you get to steal a pokemon!

so... this is just my opinion. no one has to like it... but i like those sorta hacks :D

~DB

phillb

Pokemon AUSTRIA Leader
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2011
    You can insert a railroad or something to get to another Parts of your Map.

BTW Does sb know how to handle this?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • You can insert a railroad or something to get to another Parts of your Map.

BTW Does sb know how to handle this?

yah its quite easy I was thinking of using a train to get between regins
    what you will need to do is make a overworld sprite of a train and make some tracks and make the player disappear then move both the camera and the train the make the camera stop moving but the train continues to move then warps player to other side of the destination :D

phillb

Pokemon AUSTRIA Leader
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2011
    @ Blackvolution

Just try a (I don't now how it is named in English) a cable Elevator(like in Ruby)

@ narutoactor
    yah its quite easy I was thinking of using a train to get between regins
    what you will need to do is make a overworld sprite of a train and make some tracks and make the player disappear then move both the camera and the train the make the camera stop moving but the train continues to move then warps player to other side of the destination :D

Now, there is One BIG Problem XD

I don't have ANY experience in makin Sprites <-
    Isn't out there a Sprite what I can use?
    PS: Do u have a Sample Script? It would make it a lot easier to understand for me
    phillB

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • well I didnt implement it yet But I started to work on the sprite I finished about half of the train I also made the train tracks
    as of a script I didnt start it yet ether but here is a quick over view

org
    lock
    faceplayer
    messagebox message1 Msg_YESNO Do you want to take the train?
    jump if 0x0 goto yes
    jump if 0x1 goto no
    release
    end

org @no
    messagebox message2 msg_noclose oh thats to bad

org @yes
    warp (bank) (map) (warp number) (I was planing on placing the warp behind the building so you can not see the overworld player you can also do disapear PLAYER but then you would have to make them reaprea later
    applymovement camara up up
    waitemovement 0x0
    applymovement back of train right right right tight
    applymovement frount of train right right right tight
    applymovement camea right right 0x0 0x0(fillars)
    waitemovemet
    warp (ending location)
    release
    end

Back