• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicune's Grace

Balaczter

Pokemon Sprite Artist
    Years
    Yes, I have finally got round to designing a fansite. :3

www.suicunesgrace.comxa.com

It's hosted by 000webhost.com and the layout is done, from scratch, by moi, with help from Dragonfree's HTML guide. Before I continue to design it, I would like some comments on the layout. I know it sucks on wide screens, but anything else?

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Currently, 000webhost.com is doing a "malicious file check". VM me when it's done, I'd love to see your layout.

perthskies

Nostalgic
    Years
    What resolution did you design this layout for? I'm viewing it at 1680x1050, it doesn't look so bad, just a lot of white space.

I would suggest centering your Disclaimer. The layout is a little bland but it is nice and simple, matching your banner.

You may want to decide on what colour and styles you want to use as your headings now.

Last edited:

Balaczter

Pokemon Sprite Artist
    Years
    @Optic: Thank you for the crits. I need 'em. :D

Ah, it's for 800x600 screens. I'll work on a splash page which gives the different screen layouts. :D And I decided to go for slightly bland just so I could get a feel for CSS and styling. -n00b'd-

I decided not to use official images and sprites so I don't get in a lot of legal trouble.

@O_O: It's up now, sorry about that check thing. ^^;;

perthskies

Nostalgic
    Years
    Just a few more comments:

Your right column has two typos for the word: AFFILICATES (intentional?)

Consider creating a custom 404 (page not found) error page, since the current one redirects to your host..

Back