• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

summer 16

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Summer 2016 is all but dead and gone. Cool things tend to happen during the summer months such as going out with friends, going on vacation, etc. So I ask you (yes, you), what was the most memorable thing you did this summer? Even if it's just sitting around your house chillin, please share!

For me I went to the beach a couple times for the weekend. My friend's mom lives 5 minutes away from the beach so we would drive over and have a place to stay for free. Many nights of walking around the party filled streets always lead to interesting times.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I got burnt really bad on the left side of my neck and on my right arm. I also got to shuttle drunk hillbillies at Faster Horses at Michigan International Speedway for work.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Didn't do much but sit poolside while listening to music.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Attended Comicpalooza 2016! That was probably the best thing I've done all summer. I got to meet several people including Kel Mitchell, which really made my weekend. :D

Other highlights included moving to Galveston with the bf, and seeing my family in California. This summer was alright, not the best, but I enjoyed it no matter what. I honestly can't wait for Fall.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I went to Vancouver, Squamish, and Whistler in BC in July which was crazy for me since I've never seen so many mountains in my life. I had a blast on the trip, I loved all the nature and it was the longest vacation I had taken since 2012 and it was very needed.

I also went to Montreal last weekend and that was really fun. I love French culture and it was so exciting to experience that without having to go to France. I did very poorly, but I had a few exchanges in French and it was a wonderful feeling. The city is beautiful and I loved getting to explore it.

THANK YOU, CANADA.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    All I did this summer was work and stay inside to keep cool. The only relatively eventful thing that I did this summer was take a nice family trip to the amusement park. As I've gotten older, my summers have just gotten less eventful overall.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
    i think the best thing that happened this summer was definitely seeing my boyfriend that ive been with for four years. we've been in a long distance relationship since we started dating so it was amazing finally being able to see him. i miss him, but i do have plans on seeing him again this winter. other than that, i got a job lol.

Years
    Honestly not great. I quit my job because the pay was horrible and I have been looking since; not my brightest decision. Lost all my friends since graduating because I suck at staying in contact. Then trying to promote my art to no avail. The most memorable thing was probably trying to visit my dad in Mississippi. It was supposed to be for 2 weeks but unexpectedly shortened to around 5 days, because he quit his job too x'D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    I decided not to have a summer holiday (I went away twice in June but that doesn't count) so I think I deserve one now

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    me and my friends went up to a lake house in New Hampshire for a week, which was an absolute blast. I also went to Cancun with my family in August which was real fun. other than that it was spent mostly hanging around with friends / mentally preparing myself for college. probably the best summer of my life.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    me and my friends went up to a lake house in New Hampshire for a week, which was an absolute blast. I also went to Cancun with my family in August which was real fun. other than that it was spent mostly hanging around with friends / mentally preparing myself for college. probably the best summer of my life.
    awh man, lake house with friends sounds so much fun!

I mainly did two great things this summer, first I went to work at the summer camp which is always awesome, and then Blue's Cloyster Cult / Abnegation came to visit me in my town for over a week <33

Years
    Nothing like spending the summer working my last co-op term before graduation! Memorable, not in the greatest sense, when I would be constantly theoretically punched in the face and reprimanded \: Still a great learning experience if I ever had one.

Otherwise, there was the NA LCS Finals that arrived in Toronto, which I fortunately had the chance to attend.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    My summer was interesting, but good..aside from dealing with the grief of losing my 2 year old foster sister. I got married -- to the boy I fell in love with and started dating when I was 12 -- on June 13th, and moved from Louisiana to Oklahoma literally 2 days later. The day after our small wedding ceremony was spent (mostly) packing. I lived in one house my whole life prior to that, so it was a pretty big deal to me. Saying goodbye to my family was kind of excruciating (especially my 7 year old brother; he's my best friend) but it's nice here and I'm excited to finally be starting this chapter of my life with my new hubby ♡

I also turned 19 which I guess is pretty cool. July 11! c: Aside from that I mainly swam, went biking, worked, visited with my husband's side of the family as they all came in for visits, and unpacked all my belongings while trying to get our space set up and decorated.
    summer 16

Back