• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Summer jobs?

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    No, I'm not old enough. If I was I would, but I can't, so I won't.... But I would love, love, love to have my own money, and get to save it on Degrassi DVD's!

Years
    Baby sitting and pet sitting, and hopefully, by the end of July, I can get up to the local humaine society and help with the animals there. My mom dosn't want me to though, she says I will want to bring them all home, which is probably true.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I clean Pubs. Mostly like Mr. C's and Fedora's Lounge. What's so disgusting is that sometimes there's beer spilled on the floor and it gets stuck on my shoes, XD;; I end up smelling like beer XD

*dies*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Not really. =\ I help my brother put together these little newspapers for delivery and get half the cash, but that's year-round. Plus, my parents shelter me too much and don't want me to get a job. ^_^;

I might get one next year, though. :\ I dunno... an extra cashflow might be nice.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Not this year for me. Probably next year or the year after. All my swimming, life guarding, and instructing courses should be done by then. Then I'll take a job as a swimming instructor. Hopefully with the three years old or something where I don't actually have to teach. Just kinda, play with them and make sure they don't drown. Easy money.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Not yet. I do babysit my neighbor's 3 year old daughter sometimes, and I can get $10 a week if I watch my little brother while my mom helps out one of her friends twice a week, usually for an hour or so. Though, my other brother usually wants to earn the money too, so we'll often split it.

I think that once I do get a temporary job, then I may help take care of animals somewhere. I would like to work with them, and once I start college to train to become a Marine Biologist and work with orcas, then I'll be doing some volunteer work at Sea World or something, to get experience working with them. ^_^; It does help when you're sending in your job application, and plus, I would love every minute of it!

Oh, and maybe I could do some sort of artwork, maybe earning money at festivals with it or something...

samu

hard like whiplash
    Years
    i've been hunting for a few weeks now. I was thinking of checking out some grocery stores, but none of them hire at 15. x_____x

ive been looking for places though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've been trying forever to get a job, but I can never get one...

I'm lifeguard certified, but no pools in the area were willing to hire me.

*shakes fist*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    err... working as a volunteer as a math tutor/homework marker in Kumon... however they hired me as a paid worker, and starting from September I'll get paid ^_^;

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    I have allowance, 10/wk but thats it. Im twelve... I cant get a summer job til mid ninth grade, then ill be forteen >)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    In theory it sounds pretty good, I?d love a cash flow but then I?d have to learn to drive. <.<; Maybe when school starts up I will if I have free time, since work experience can?t hurt me in the future. I hope. o.o;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Kairi said:
    In theory it sounds pretty good, I?d love a cash flow but then I?d have to learn to drive. <.<; Maybe when school starts up I will if I have free time, since work experience can?t hurt me in the future. I hope. o.o;
    If I may, I'd like to quote Homer J. Simpson. "Marge, I agree with you -- in theory. In theory, communism works. In theory."

I'm sorry. I just read what you wrote and it reminded me of that.

Now to make sure this isn't SPAM... I don't see how or why experience would hurt. O_o

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    I work at a local resteraunt and get paid 6 bucks and hour plus tips...

Sure the money's good, but anyone in thier right mind would quit where I work. My boss is the most evil slavedriver in town.

THAT"S RIGHT SHIRLEY! WE ALL THINK YOU"RE A SLAVEDRIVER!! *blushes at outburst*

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    You guys are lucky. You get allowances or get paid. XD;; I come home smelling like a drunk moron and all I get is two cents! XD;; All I pretty much do is broom, mop the whole place, clean up puke from the floor, and clean the bathrooms. XD Not pretty at all. XP; Meh, all I did this summer was work and stink XD;; I'd go outside, but sunlight makes me blind XP

*dies*

Back