• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Summon Night" series

Esmas

General
Years
  • Anyone play any of the games from the Summon Night series?

In my opinion, it's one of my favourite underrated series out there. I got Summon Night: Swordcraft Story for the GBA because I only had about $20, and I was amazed at how cheap it was for how much gameplay I got.

Just recently I got Summon Night: Twin Age, and it was much better than I thought. The only thing about Twin Age is that the weapon and armour crafting system isn't as complex as it was in the first two games.

But, what I think the games all have in common, is the long, somewhat annoying system, in which you have to go back to places you've already been and do things that are long, somewhat annoying, and very repetitive.

I've already put about 12 hours into it, and I got it like two days ago. :3

So, what are your thoughts about Summon Night?

Years
  • I never heard of this game before, but I had thought of a battling system just like this. I got tired of turned based RPGs and thought up a active battling system where you attack and guard realtime. I thought it would be original, until someone showed me this game... :(

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • It's funny that you post this topic, because I just recently played Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 the other day for the first time. It was a VERY good GBA game despite I managed to beat it in just a couple of hours, but that was me forging nothing but swords and knuckles and STILL not forging all of them.

I just started the second Swordcraft story.
    The series is very good, and highly recommended to anybody who hasn't gotten a chance to play it in the past.

But Twin Age? I haven't tried it yet.
    I doubt it will have me as interested as the first swordcraft story did, but I just may have to wait and see. :D

Harumi Fujyoshi

Ichiban fujyoshi desu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    I just got Twin Age some time ago and it's pretty okay apart from the fact that it's really repetitive.
    And some voice-acting just really annoyed the hell out of me.

Cid

Years
  • This thread makes me remember the time when I used to play GBA games. :D
    I've only played the first two Summon Night Swordcraft Story series.
    They're really fun --having both a good storyline and great gameplay, as well as high replayability...

I haven't really tried other games of the series, but I am a fan.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Great... you reminded me of ANOTHER game I bought but have yet to play through. Bought Summon Night Swordcraft Story, got a third into the game, then real life interfered. Someday I'll finish it XD It was a pretty good game from what I remember.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • ZOMG I LOVE TWIN AGE SO MUCH <3

I just saw it there and bought it, so yeah.

/Millisar x Reiha and Aldo x Ticah FOREVER

Also, the Swordcraft Story games are pretty cool, too. Went with Loki (the oni) for the female and Dinah (the devil-angel) for the male in SS2, and Sugar (fairy gal) with the guy and whatever-his-name-was-again (oni) with the girl. And if I can find a used SS2, I'm thinking of going with Arno (the cute little shemale wind child) for the female.

Oh wow, now I wanna play Twin Age some more XD

Back