• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun and moon tactics

Illusionss

Banned
Years
  • I seen a thread the other day about someone using Fissure on Machop on blue/red/yellow and sending it over to sun and moon seems like a good idea and I would definitely invest in the Pokemon bank for this, will a Machop from gen 1 definitely have the no guard ability to increase Fissure's poor accuracy to 100%?

Also is the free munchlax free with all pre-orders, or just pre-orders from selected stores? Many thanks

PingPongCirculate

Mix these mixed nuts!
    Years
  • I think its free with all pre-orders regardless of store and Im pretty sure you get it via code.

As for Machop, Ive tried to wrap my head around this long enough trying to make sense of it. No Guard Machamp and Fissue? Hello banlist. Everyone's is gonna have to pack a sturdy user on their teams.

There's no guarantee the Machop you bring over (assuming Pokebank lets you) is going to have No Guard. Its other ability is Guts.

Illusionss

Banned
    Years
  • I think its free with all pre-orders regardless of store and Im pretty sure you get it via code.

As for Machop, Ive tried to wrap my head around this long enough trying to make sense of it. No Guard Machamp and Fissue? Hello banlist. Everyone's is gonna have to pack a sturdy user on their teams.

There's no guarantee the Machop you bring over (assuming Pokebank lets you) is going to have No Guard. Its other ability is Guts.

I meant just for the story rather than online with the Machop, worth the risk since I won't be using Fissure on Pokemon yellow.

User19sq

I have a couple of questions regarding Mimikyu tactics:

1) The leaks have revealed that Mimikyu can get Curse as an egg move. Does that mean that when it uses it, the Disguise ability takes the free hit and it wears off? Or is it bypassed in some way?

2) Does Mimikyu come out looking like a disguised Pokémon? If so, does that mean that, with Mimikyu at the end of your party, a Zoroark will come out as a Mimikyu? Or its disguise instead? Is there a paranoia-based tactic in this?!

Ability Capsule.

Illusionss

Banned
    Years
  • I have a couple of questions regarding Mimikyu tactics:

1) The leaks have revealed that Mimikyu can get Curse as an egg move. Does that mean that when it uses it, the Disguise ability takes the free hit and it wears off? Or is it bypassed in some way?

2) Does Mimikyu come out looking like a disguised Pokémon? If so, does that mean that, with Mimikyu at the end of your party, a Zoroark will come out as a Mimikyu? Or its disguise instead? Is there a paranoia-based tactic in this?!

Ability Capsule.

Is it likely that we will have access to it towards the beginning of the game?

User19sq

Is it likely that we will have access to it towards the beginning of the game?

It's been said that we won't even have access to our previous Pokémon at the beginning of the game; for at least two months after their release. Which means the capsule has to be obtained and used in XY/ORAS.

Illusionss

Banned
    Years
  • It's been said that we won't even have access to our previous Pokémon at the beginning of the game; for at least two months after their release. Which means the capsule has to be obtained and used in XY/ORAS.

By "previous Pokemon" do you mean no transferring from gen 1 until two months after? I would have thought it would be straight away. Also they'll be the ability to trade from sun and moon to X/Y like all other games, right?

User19sq

By "previous Pokemon" do you mean no transferring from gen 1 until two months after? I would have thought it would be straight away. Also they'll be the ability to trade from sun and moon to X/Y like all other games, right?

They're all one-way trips. I think you can currently migrate from Gen I to Gen VI; I could be wrong.

User19sq

I said I might be wrong for the Gen I migrations. But it's confirmed that, like every generation so far, it's all one-way. No S&M to XY.

Years
  • The what, mate?

In case if you missed its announcement in a trailer, there will be an event Munchlax that you can get via Mystery Gift for the first two months of the game's release (event ends around January 2017 iirc) that comes with Snorlax's exclusive Z-Crystal called Snorlium Z. This event will be the only way to get said Z-Crystal.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    In case if you missed its announcement in a trailer, there will be an event Munchlax that you can get via Mystery Gift for the first two months of the game's release (event ends around January 2017 iirc) that comes with Snorlax's exclusive Z-Crystal called Snorlium Z. This event will be the only way to get said Z-Crystal.
    That's it!

Illusionss

Banned
    Years
  • In case if you missed its announcement in a trailer, there will be an event Munchlax that you can get via Mystery Gift for the first two months of the game's release (event ends around January 2017 iirc) that comes with Snorlax's exclusive Z-Crystal called Snorlium Z. This event will be the only way to get said Z-Crystal.

I was aware of the Munchlax but not the Z item, thanks.

Back