• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Bowl XLIX: The Best Super Bowl (Katy Perry, Extra Fabulous Comics, Liam Neeson Clash of Clans) [Daily Bloggity Entry #198]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    [css-div="background-color: #006633 ; border-style: solid; border-color: #000000"]
    qjtdmK2.jpg

Date: 02 February 2015
    Time: 11:49 AM ET
    Mood: Satisfied

The Super Bowl: one of the only events of the Spring time that makes the cold, harsh weather of January and February a little more bearable. Dubbed a holiday yet not a holiday in American culture, the Super Bowl is arguably one of the greatest sporting events in America, year in and year out breaking TV rating records and giving many fans diarrhea after eating too much food before the main attraction. However, in the end, it's all worth some messy pants. On paper the Super Bowl is supposed to be an amazing match up between the two best teams in the National Football League, where each team should be considered the other team's equal and provide a godly game that inevitably should be decided in the final minutes. Sometimes the games do live up to their expectations and sometimes they do not. This year though, between the New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks, the Super Bowl definitely lived up to it's name.

Daily Music - "This Is How We Do" by Katy Perry
    Spoiler:
    As many of you may know, I am from the good ol' state of Massachusetts. As you can most likely infer by that statement, I am also a New England Patriots fan. My family has had season tickets for the past four years now, so I've been able to experience a hell of a lot of good football in the Tom Brady-era (and have even had the chance to go to a few playoff games, including the Baltimore and Indianapolis match ups this year.) This Super Bowl, to put it simply, was an emotional roller coaster for myself, my family, and probably the majority of Pats nation. Down 10 points heading into the final quarter or regulation with the Legion of Boom staring you dead in the eyes and the nation wanting you to lose, the Patriots were able to fight, crawl, and make their way back into the game by rallying and eliminating the deficit. Brady dunked his passes left and right and basically found the answer to the #1 ranked Seattle's defense. Slant routes to Edelman proved to be Seattle's kryptonite, and New England eventually was able to pull ahead 28 - 24 with less than two minutes to go in the game.

Daily Comic - "Romance" by Extra Fabulous Comics
    Spoiler:
    Then, as many of you had probably noticed, the curse of the Patriots seemed to show up again. Almost as if the Gods yelled "no!" at the Patriots, Russell Wilson was able to march his way down the field with an incredibly lucky and attentive play by Kearse, putting the ball on the Patriots 5 yard line. It was ultimately a repeat of the last two Super Bowls for me as those plays from those games flashed before my eyes; it was almost like the Super Bowl curse lived on in this game. Then, as some like to dub "the worst Super Bowl play ever," a questionable play was called in which Wilson threw the ball right into the arms of Butler of the Patriots, dashing the dreams of Seattle to repeat as Super Bowl Champions. I'm a little surprised that people are calling for the head of the person who made the call, as ultimately I would pin the blame on the quarterback, Russell Wilson. As the general of the offense, it is your responsibility to evaluate all options on the field and make sure you make the right decision that will benefit your team the most. With one timeout, lots of time on your side, it only being 2nd down, and arguably the best running back on the league on your team, there was absolutely no need to throw the bowl into such a tightly covered window. Chuck the ball away, take the incompletion, and punch the ball in on the next two plays.

Daily Video - "Liam Neeson In Clash of Clans Super Bowl Commercial" by News Adventure Time
    Spoiler:
    Nonetheless, this Super Bowl was absolutely, well, super, and will go down as one of the best Super Bowls we've ever had. The game first started off in New England's favor, then the momentum swung to Seattle's favor, then back to New England, back to Seattle, making the game such a rollercoaster of emotions for fans across the nation to experience. So let me ask you guys: what did you think of the Super Bowl? Did you enjoy the game? Who were you rooting for? What are your thoughts on how the game panned out? Do you agree or disagree with that last play of the game? Comment below as I'd love to hear and discuss with you what you have to say about this topic!

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! And remember, rate each entry so I can know what you guys like and what to improve on! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- El Héroe Oscuro

Spoiler:
    [/css-div]​

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Glad to see that you're starting up Daily Bloggity again

Back