• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Super Contests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Diamond and Pearl built upon the Contest Feature in RSE, by adding two new segments to the event, which became the "Super Contests" we know today. So, what did you think of these super contests? Personally, I preferred the R/S/E contests, as they were based more on Mechanics and less on the skill to tap buttons precisely. I did like how the contest featured personalities such as Fantina and Jasmine, however.

What do you think of the Super Contests found in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum?

Do you prefer them over the RSE contests, if so, why?

Do you like having to compete with more important characters, as opposed to people that you only get to see during contests?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    What do you think of the Super Contests found in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum? To be honest, I've never been much of a fan of Contests. "Oh cool compete in a different way that's technically worthless to the rest of the game" just isn't my thing, y'know? I always preferred to go battle or just do somethin' else.

Do you prefer them over the RSE contests, if so, why? Not really. Even all the cool stuff like dancing was really eh. I don't find much interesting about contests, I s'pose.

Do you like having to compete with more important characters, as opposed to people that you only get to see during contests? Yeah, I did think that was cool. I really wished they'd do that more with things outside of contests and similar events; like, you'd just be walking around somewhere and spot an old friend and go chat with them. :(

Years
  • I would prefer a combination of both. I like how they kinda tried to make it somewhat like the Anime, but, I didn't like the lack of move combinations.
    That's the only part that irked me. I enjoyed dressing up my pokemon =3=

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What do you think of the Super Contests found in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum?: They're a big improvement over the R/S/E contests.

Do you prefer them over the RSE contests, if so, why?: I like them better than the R/S/E contests because there are more things to do, like dressing up and dancing.

Do you like having to compete with more important characters, as opposed to people that you only get to see during contests?: It was nice to see Johanna, Fantina and Jasmine in the contests, though they were challenging to go up against.

AngelxAntagonist

Heavy Metal FTW \m/
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    I hated the D/P/Pt contests, they were more based on luck than skill...and by 'luck' I mean 'the game itself.' Was I the only one who noticed that 'fate' seemed to be conspiring against me in every contest?
    On that subject, I had enough Pokemon from different sources that I had ID numbers that ended with every # except 2 or 5. Every time I did the Pokemon lottery, EVERY SINGLE TIME, the ticket ended with...you guessed it...2 or 5. Sorry, this has nothing to do with contests, but I just felt like ranting :D
    I liked the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald contests a lot more, and I did enjoy certain 'celebrities' in the contests.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • What do you think of the Super Contests found in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum?
    I think that it was pretty great but I do wish that they put back the contest battling (as in Pokemon jamming others). It was fun doing that and I loved the dancing

Pokemon DPPt has dancing which I enjoy so yes I do

Do you like having to compete with more important characters, as opposed to people that you only get to see during contests?
    Yeah, its great to see two gym leaders and battling against my own mother

:t354:TG

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 1. The D/P/Pt contests were okay; I actually have a few Master Rank victories in them.
    2. I feel that the R/S/E ones were more intense and competitive. With that said, I like the fact that the D/P/Pt ones are easier to win :)
    3. Easily the best part of the new contests. I really enjoyed getting to see Jasmine again, and it's always fun to pwn Fantina. Your mom, though... she's hardcore.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I know a lot of people didn't take a particular liking to the Super Contests, but I actually found them quite entertaining. Albeit, I did prefer the Pokémon Contests in RSE a lot more ─ I found it more of a challenge, which I liked ─ the added aspects of dressing up and dancing was an alright addition. I would have preferred to see more of anime-like rendition with an appeal round and then an actual battle round, but I'll continue to keep wishing for that.

I give props to adding in important characters from the game though. That, I found quite cool! I was hoping we'd later have it extended with Wi-Fi compatibility so you can compete with friends, but no luck [yet].

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Woah, thread bumpage here a few days ago. Guess I'll leave open as it got new discussion though, but please check threads' last post dates in future please.

I thought Super Contests were all right but yet not as cool as ordinary, un-super Contests back in RSE as the dancing was 'eh' to me, the dress up parts were boring and I much preferred the system (with jamming and whatnot) in RSE contests to DPPt's.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I never fiddle much with contests, but from what I remember, RSE contests were much simpler than those of DPPt's.

Years
  • What do you think of the Super Contests found in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum?
    They are so much more fun and exciting.

Yes!!! There's more to do, instead of just performing moves. I especially like the dancing part cos I've incredible combos to shake off everyone else. xD

It was lovely. J'adore them all! xD It was very cool to find out how good Mom is although I kept losing to her. Fantina is awesome too, oh how I love it when I see her coordinating. ^o^

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2012
    What do you think of the Super Contests found in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum? Well I Really Liked it because instead of The Usual Battling and Trading You have somthing alse to do :D

Do you prefer them over the RSE contests, if so, why? Not Really..

Do you like having to compete with more important characters, as opposed to people that you only get to see during contests? Yeah, Its Pretty fun

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What do you think of the Super Contests found in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum?
    They're pretty average... Nothing special, the pokeathlon is MUCH better. They're not overly fun or different or even interesting and there's no worth-while prizes other than a pretty little ribbon. They get boring pretty quickly and should've been much more prominent and fun to play - basing them on the anime's contest path that Dawn follows would've been a great thing for the games, especially including a grand festival!

No. The contests themselves are pretty much equal in content in my opinion, but the way that the RSE contests are spread around the world was much better than having just one contest hall which is easily forgotten.

There's barely any important characters throughout most of the contests... I much prefer Johto's pokeathlon in this aspect since you get to face people like Jasmine, Falkner, and several more interesting characters in an exciting competition style.

Joe Chan

Chef
    Years
  • What do you think of the Super Contests found in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum? Meh, it was nothing special. Especially since it was only in one city.

Do you prefer them over the RSE contests, if so, why? I prefer the contests in R/S/E.
    1) They needed more strategy, but mostly luck.
    2) The contest halls were spread throughout the region.

Do you like having to compete with more important characters, as opposed to people that you only get to see during contests? Why yes, yes I do. It gives the characters, who are otherwise just stationed at where ever they are at, more sense of being a main character. I don't remember the mothers from any other region except in D/P/Pl and that's only because of the contests.

Well That's all I have to say.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Given this is the 2nd time this thread was revived I'll close it. Feel free to remake it if you want though, people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back