• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-Super Mario Sunshine- or -Luigi's Mansion-

Which game?

• Why would I want to play a game about Italians using cleaning utensils?!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate all Mario/Luigi-related games.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    Would you rather play the game with:
    - the green guy with a ghost-sucking vacuum -
    or
    - the red guy with a high-powered water gun -

Your choice.

I choose Super Mario sunshine, because its just more fun.

jakestlm

<- It's a Sonic Screwdriver
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    Luigi's Mansion make's no sense to me. Super Mario Sunshine pwns.

Years
    Luigi's Mansion is alot more original, and more difficult(I've only beat it twice)

But SMS you can play forever without it getting overly-repetitive, LM is the same thing over and over.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    I beat Super Mario Sunshine. I didn't beat Luigi's Mansion. Way too hard.

Alex The Great Master

Zeophyte in Eternal Exile
    Years
    Never played Luigi's mansion, SMS is good but it's VERY difficult to get all Shines. I'm not willing to look in Gamefaqs and see where's a blue coin, since I'd have play hours and hours looking for the 1% of blue coins I didn't grab.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I preferred Luigi's Mansion overall. Plus, it was the first game I got for the GCN, so it's special. :D As a game, I really didn't like Sunshine at all, to be honest. It was really annoying. And omg, Fludd or whatever was terrible. Worse than Navi. <_<;

Years
    I've tried both games, and honestly, I liked Luigi's Mansion more. I found it a bit more enjoyable to play (and plus, I've always liked Luigi more than Mario, heh). I just wish it could've been a bit longer, since it seemed like I went through it far too quickly...

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    I like Super Mario Sunshine a lot better. My cousin has Luigi's Mansion, and I played it a bit and liked it as well, but I just like SMS better. I find it to be more fun~

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Super Mario Sunshine.
    It was more fun, and wasn't as easy (and I do like G-Man better then Mario XD).
    G-Man's Mansion I beat three times in 5 days (I beat it, started over and beat it again, started over and beat it once again). It was FARRRRRRR too easy. And I really dislike easy games.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Why are you calling Luigi the "G-Man"? O_o

Anyway, Super Mario Sunshine. Although I'm still dissapointed that we've yet to receive a 3D Mario title that's true to Mario platforming roots (I want all the SMB3 power up in 3D goshdarnit!) it was still more Mario-ey than Luigi's Mansion.

Luigi's Mansion is easy. Really easy. You can beat it in a single sitting (not that that says much, I can beat OoT in a single sitting). But...you don't even break a sweat. Super Mario Sunshine is more difficult, and more fun because of. Even if there were no power ups those areas where you didn't have FLUDD and had to rely purely on your jumping skills was more of platformer than even NEW Super Mario Bros. - and really really challenging and entertaining.

Graphics wise - I htink it's even. Sunshine managed to achieve the Super Mario World look - but in 3D. Now that may not be the more visually appealing thing, but I think it's the style they were going for and it worked. Luigi's mansion had wodnerful atmospheric effects, but Sunshine wins for great looking water.

Sunshine also had a greater variety of levels and areas. You get bored being cooped up in a dark mansion for two and half hours.

Pokemon Master 4ever

Kazuma kicks ***,like crazy...
    Years
    I like Sunshine alot and I accually hav no darn clue wat Luigi's Mansion is about yet.So i'll stick to Sunshine for know.

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    I always liked Luigi better then Mario. and Luigis mansion there acually A challenge in there, difficulty level wise. Mario sunshine has no difficulty level. So it gets boringly easy for me.

Luigis mansion was a surprise for me. The thrilling story, the good graphics, The... well you know where im going.

Pokemon Master 4ever

Kazuma kicks ***,like crazy...
    Years
    unless your talking about the red coins in Sirena beach and defeatinting the final boss Bowser and Bowser Jr. in Corona Mountain

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    When I had Sunshine it was a ball! Fludd was definatly annoying but just the fact that there were so many ways to do stuff in it was amazing! Luigis mansion had very little light. Very little room to wander. And the camera NEVER moved! Whats the point of sucking up a ghost with a vacuum anywayz? Plus I wasn't too fasinated with the fact that Luigi got a game that circled around him! I've hated Luigi ever since that game and I hate him in 2-D. Now in Sunshine, Alot of light, almost 100% freedom, ALOT of space to wander around, a friggen high tech water gun (sweeet), a great story line, and a fair amount of extra missions. Plus Marios always been my fav. I also got stuck oretty early in the mansion. ANyway I gusse what i'm trying to say is, Sunshine friggen pwns the mansion in many wayz and doesn't involve cleaning utensils to suck up transparent ghosts. I preffer collecting little sunshine things and making it brighter. Wow, long post!

~~~!!!~~~Gengazard~~~!!!~~~

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Definately Luigis mansion, first Luigi is much cooler than Mario!!!!!! Also It was a bit more challenging than SMS. SMS is just SM64 hosed down with some sunshine and lollipops(although I did find Petey Phirana amusing). Luigis Mansion was original, a nice turn for the Mario Franchise and it had Dr. E.Gadd (hilarious!)

MOON~DANCER

All I've got is insane.
    Years
    I like Luigi alot ALOT better than the annoying mario. But i thought Luigis masion was REALLY STUPID...sorry but i like Sunshine ALOT better...i also own sunshine...when luigis masion came out i wanted it, but when i played it IT WAS STUPID.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Darkralts7 said:
    Definately Luigis mansion, first Luigi is much cooler than Mario!!!!!! Also It was a bit more challenging than SMS. SMS is just SM64 hosed down with some sunshine and lollipops(although I did find Petey Phirana amusing). Luigis Mansion was original, a nice turn for the Mario Franchise and it had Dr. E.Gadd (hilarious!)
    Lollipops? O_o

I found Sunshine to be a faithful representation of the graphical style featured in Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! did an even better job at achieving this.

And, for the record, I found Super Mario Sunshine to be more difficult than Super Mario 64. I do prefer the range of levels in 64 though; it got boring with just beach themed levels. But I think Sunshine was more challenging, especially those F.L.U.D.Dless platforming areas. Those were a great throwback to the old platforming days of the previous games.

Back