• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Super Meat Boy sequel unveiled in "Super Meat Boy Forever"

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Historical for its grueling difficulty, the popular platform finally gets a sequel. Looks like it's going to be an auto runner. How do we feel about it after watching the trailer?

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Unimpressed? I don't like Autorunners.

I'm honestly very curious in their decision making it make this an auto runner. Do you think the devs may have thought the original was too hard and changed the mechanics to lighten the difficulty?

Yukari

I'm honestly very curious in their decision making it make this an auto runner. Do you think the devs may have thought the original was too hard and changed the mechanics to lighten the difficulty?

Throughout his entire career, almost all of Edmund McMillen's games have been brutally difficult. I wouldn't even argue that Super Meat Boy was the most difficult game he's made.

Not to mention that, for as difficult as it was, it was completely fair and was excellent at teaching you the game's mechanics. It never threw a challenge that can't be overcome and you haven't been taught to overcome. And, at worst, death was a minor inconvenience. The End is Neigh- Edmund's newest game -is just as challenging as Super Meat Boy.

So I'll have to say that it definitely isn't why.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Honestly, I'm not a fan of autorunners either. That being said, Edmund is one of the few creative geniuses I truly admire. He's probably the only one who would make me enjoy an autorunner. This game will more than likely be a day one buy for me. I can already feel the rage inducing moments that may very well end up with another broken controller... It will be glorious!

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Throughout his entire career, almost all of Edmund McMillen's games have been brutally difficult. I wouldn't even argue that Super Meat Boy was the most difficult game he's made.

Not to mention that, for as difficult as it was, it was completely fair and was excellent at teaching you the game's mechanics. It never threw a challenge that can't be overcome and you haven't been taught to overcome. And, at worst, death was a minor inconvenience. The End is Neigh- Edmund's newest game -is just as challenging as Super Meat Boy.

So I'll have to say that it definitely isn't why.
    Couldn't agree more. His newest additions of Hush and Delirium in Binding of Isaac are satanic bullet hells. Which is why I just feel like it's such an odd difficulty downgrade compared to his other stuff that he's made. I think SMB's controls were as fluid as they come, so it was more on the player than the game.

Becoming an auto runner essentially takes away one of positive perks that came with SMB. Ain't a fan to say the least.
    Honestly, I'm not a fan of autorunners either. That being said, Edmund is one of the few creative geniuses I truly admire. He's probably the only one who would make me enjoy an autorunner. This game will more than likely be a day one buy for me. I can already feel the rage inducing moments that may very well end up with another broken controller... It will be glorious!

Do you remember what happened to Dr. Fetus in the first game by chance? It's been awhile since I've played the game, but I could have sworn they offed him in the original.

Graine

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Do you remember what happened to Dr. Fetus in the first game by chance? It's been awhile since I've played the game, but I could have sworn they offed him in the original.
    Spoiler for those who might have not finished the game/wouldn't want to be spoiled. :P
    Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Spoiler for those who might have not finished the game/wouldn't want to be spoiled. :P
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Graine

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    spoilers are fun
    Spoiler:

Yukari

Side note being an autorunner doesn't mean it's inherently less difficult. Just that it controls differently.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Spoiler:

Side note being an autorunner doesn't mean it's inherently less difficult. Just that it controls differently.

I suppose that's an option. I think it's just kindove...a lazy copout. If you can't think of a decent plot, that could be a red flag that this is just a way to try to cash in a quick buck. But time will tell - I could just see the change in controls be viewed like how a band changes their style of music: could inherently piss some people off enough to not buy the game.

Yukari

I suppose that's an option. I think it's just kindove...a lazy copout. If you can't think of a decent plot, that could be a red flag that this is just a way to try to cash in a quick buck. But time will tell - I could just see the change in controls be viewed like how a band changes their style of music: could inherently piss some people off enough to not buy the game.

Yeah but...

Did Meat Boy have much of a plot at all? Really?

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I'm happy to hear someone else got to see the ending LOL
    Anyway, I'm in for this, at least trying it, regardless of autorunning or not.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Yeah but...

Did Meat Boy have much of a plot at all? Really?
    I mean, yes and no. It had a plot in simple terms, so it should be really easy to continue the story without disregarding the narrative that was told in the prior game. Just seems really lazy in my opinion.
    I'm happy to hear someone else got to see the ending LOL
    Anyway, I'm in for this, at least trying it, regardless of autorunning or not.

What kind of additions or changes would you like to see in this game my dude?

Back