• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Mystery Dungeon Poll 4 - Buying?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

SMD POLL 4 - ARE YOU BUYING?

Hello, and welcome to another Super Mystery Dungeon Poll! Super Mystery Dungeon is an upcoming game for 3DS. In it, we're able to play from around 20 selectable characters. The game is set to release throughout end of this month in Japan and United States, but to help hype for its release, we're going to try sneaking as much polls as possible within the timeframe and have some discussion!

Without further ado, let's get started!

• When Super Mystery Dungeon is released outside of Japan, will you be purchasing?
    • Will you be buying on release day?
    • If you're in Japan, have you already bought?
    • If you've finished the game already or are currently playing, what are your thoughts?

If you have any questions about the event, send myself or Achromatic a private message. Send in your votes and posts!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    When Super Mystery Dungeon is released outside of Japan, will you be purchasing?
    "Outside of Japan" doesn't really narrow it down but yes.
    Will you be buying on release day?
    Yep, definitely.

blue

gucci
    Years
    When Super Mystery Dungeon is released outside of Japan, will you be purchasing?

Definitely. I feel like this is one of the must have 3DS titles.

Probably, if not then that following weekend.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Ehhhhh I'm just not that into PMD? Like, I'm told Sky is great and every year I try to get to a point in it where it makes me want to play more but I just... never get there. Maybe I'll buy this one if people really like it and it changes up enough things but. Eh.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I actually really liked the feel of Gates of Infinity, but the slow dialogue and lack of memorability make me not a fan. So I'll look into this addition to the series because it seems to contain the same gameplay. Definitely some better heroes and partners to choose from, and they actually have the damn bandannas this time!

I'm interested, but not ecstatic or anything, so I'll wait and buy it later on, like I did with Omega Ruby.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    Absolutely. I'm too excited to play it and I even got the money ready to purchase it.
    Absolutely as well. I got it pre-ordered, and I'm gonna pick it up the day it is released before I go watch Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    I certainly will buy it eventually. I really enjoy this series (although I missed out on Gates To Infinity because I didn't own a 3DS as the time)

Probably not, because I almost never buy anything on release day. Partly because of lack of money, partly because I like to wait a little while and see how other people like the game (whether they thought it was worth it or not) before I decide for myself if it's something I'm interested in. I will probably want to get it at some point, even if it's long after the release date.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    When Super Mystery Dungeon is released outside of Japan, will you be purchasing? Will you be buying on release day?

Heck yeah I will! I've already pre-ordered it!

Years
    Yes, I will definitely be getting Super Mystery Dungeon. I might not get it on release, because I might be busy with college then, as well as Black 2. I can't say much else beyond that!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I will most certainly be purchasing when it comes out where I live! I plan to pre-order it this weekend, and then I'm picking it up the day it's released ;)

If you've finished the game already or are currently playing, what are your thoughts?
    I wish I could answer this one now, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of (good!) thoughts about it once I've finished it ^^

Years
    Yep, I've been looking forward to playing a new PMD game for a while. Sky was the last one I played, since I didn't get GtI. Unlike the other PMD games, I just didn't feel the same need to play it.

Probably, if not then hopefully sometime after it's released.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I can guarentee this game is the first thing on my list right now. Sorry Fire Emblem Fates (sadly labeled "2016" at this point :(), you may be bought late because of this guy.

I have not had the chance to go to a local Gamestop and reserve, but i plan on it. I don't expect it to sell out, but if i have a problem making it on it's release date i don't want to risk it. No way am i getting it off the Eshop either.

Years

Definitely!

I'm planning on it. Hard to plan for next year though but hopefully.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

Absolutely! I haven't played Gates to Infinity yet , but I do totally adore the previous PMD games so this is a must! Especially since you can choose from 20 different player Pokemon, including Riolu. :)

Hopefully, but probably not. If I did I'd have to preorder it online 'cause no local videogame stores. :T

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Most likely yes, I'm still deciding.

Same answer as the above.

If you're in Japan, have you already bought?
    It's already available here but no, my Japanese reading skills are rather limited.

If you've finished the game already or are currently playing, what are your thoughts?
    Not as none is applicable for me. However, I think screenshots and trailers are promising.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Hells to the yeah!
    Uhhhh. Not sure. Depends on what money I have at that time. I will definitely get it and the guidebook before the year is out, though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Given that Mystery Dungeon is my favorite Pokemon spin-off, of course I'll be buying it. I don't know if I'll get it on release day, though.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Of course! The last good PMD game we've gotten before this one, is Explorers of Sky.

I think so. I want the English game as soon as possible!

Back