• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Super Pokemon Emerald (with screenies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    Super Pokemon Emerald (Taking team members)

~Hack Name~

Super Pokemon Emerald

~Hack of~

Pokemon Emerald

~Intro~

Not once in the original Pokemon Emerald did I have to use strategy while playing, whatsoever. So when I found out the Advance games could be hacked, I jumped on it immediately and began work on Super Pokemon Emerald! The story is nearly identical. The premise is the same. What I'm trying to do is make the game harder and more rewarding, and I'm doing that by extending the Routes, making certain items harder to get, and making it possible to capture all 386 Pokemon! You won't find some of those Pokemon in the wild, though... in order to get rare and legendary Pokemon, you have to look in places you would have never thought of looking in... they're well hidden... can you find them all? Getting past the Pokemon, the Routes are longer, the Wild Pokemon have MUCH more variety, and both the Wild Pokemon and the Trainers are much more powerful... you WILL need to train and use strategy in order to beat your opponants, cause this time, thier Pokemon can match yours, and sometimes are even more powerful... Also, if you look hard enough, you'll find secret trainers that can only be defined as 'Super'... what that means, you'll have to find out for yourself when I'm finished with the hack, but lets just say, the trainers aren't who you would expect.

~Story~

Exact same story. I might change it a little to accommodate certain new additions, but most everything will remain unchanged.

~Shortened list of features~

*All 386 Pokemon are catchable.
    *Wild Pokemon and Trainers are more powerful.
    *Certain items are harder to find, and some items (such as Rare Candy) can now be bought, but at a high price...
    *Secret Trainers (when I release this game, you'll know immediately who they are just by playing the first, say, 5 seconds of the game.)
    *Routes are longer, some Towns and Citys are larger, and the puzzles are harder.
    *More Double Battles.
    *Different Starter Pokemon (Bagon, Beldum, and Larvitar)
    *Rival, instead of choosing another starter Pokemon, instead has specifically chosen Pokemon to counter your choice (ex. If you choose a water Pokemon, he/she will choose something like Pikachu or Chinchou.)

~Screenshots~

Super Pokemon Emerald (with screenies)

Starter (Totodile, before I changed starters again) VS Weedle (Route 102)

Part of the new Route 102 (all of the routes are enlarged)

Part of the new Route 102

Knee-deep in one of the earlier puzzles of the game (once again, in Route 102)

Last edited:

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
    Years
  • I come back to the ROM hacking forum and I see this. I hope you do well with this cause this just sounds awesome!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    Okay

I'm thinking of changing the starter Pokemon, any suggestions? I don't want Elemental Pokemon as the starters, I want types that are tougher to adapt to. I'm thinking maybe even baby Pokemon would work.

Ronmaster said:
    kl, but Johto starters and bigger routes. come on!!!

The routes are bigger to give the game more challenge. The routes that are already huge might not get enlarged, but they will be changed in some way or form, wether it be making puzzles/mazes to get through or just putting an extra patch of grass here and there.

---------------------------------------------------------

I've narrowed down the Pokemon I want to have as starters. I've picked 1 or 2 Pokemon for some of the types (exceptions are Bug, Flying, Grass, Poison, Rock, Water, and Normal), here they are:

Electric: Pichu

Dark: Absol

Dragon: Dratini, Bagon

Fight: Machop, Tyrouge

Fire: Houndour

Ghost: Misdreavus

Ground: Larvitar

Ice: Sneasel, Snorunt

Psychic: Beldum, Mr. Mime

Steel: Aron, Skarmory

I'm thinking of going with either Absol, Misdreavus, and Skarmory or Bagon, Larvitar, and Dratini. I'd like to hear your input and whatever team you would pick.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    no electric starter's or grass:: why ? you want to make the game tougher think about how much water there is in hoenn.....im tempted to shoot through the last bit of the game with a manetric everytime i play to that point just because it's easier

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    But...

halfdead said:
    no electric starter's or grass:: why ? you want to make the game tougher think about how much water there is in hoenn.....im tempted to shoot through the last bit of the game with a manetric everytime i play to that point just because it's easier
    But... using that logic, in order to make the game tough, I'd have to eliminate Grass and Electric Pokemon altogether! Which isn't gonna happen.

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • I'd like to see Dratini, Beldum and Larvitar as starters and the rival should start with a Snorunt as its effective against all three eventually as it won't be effective against Beldum till it learns a dark type attack or given a dark or ghost TM.

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    I think you shouldnt use a ghost pokemon becuase all the pokemon in the beginning are normal type usually, thus making there attacks useless,thus making it easy!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    Ah yes...

...New screens and details tomorrow, and if I'm in a good mood I might even throw in a beta.

BTW Larvitar, Beldum, and Bagon are the starter Pokemon.

Last edited:

Bebetrunks

.:Love:.
    Years
  • Looks good, the thing is that you have a ground/rock, steel/phsychic, and dragon type. Larvitar is hard to raise but very very strong unless theres a water around. beldum is very strong both s.attack and def. and unless theres a pokemon to counter it...yeah.. bagon well...if the others have wild pokemon to counter there strengths at the beggining then bagon will have a hard time XD still im sure you found a way to work with it. good luck and cant wait to try ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    Ah, poop. Sorry, but I might not be able to upload the screenies today, I have a bunch of different stuff I have to work on including an FLstudio project thats been pending for weeks now...

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    Heres the deal: I need a team. I can't do this on my own, because I have to many things expected of me right now. Also, if I had a team, I could expand the ideas of this game - maybe do a story rehaul or re-arrange the region, maybe. Actually, if I did have a team working with me on this, I'd try for a brand-new story to explain how all the species of Pokemon migrated to the region. If anyone wants to join up, just post here and tell me what you're good at.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Hey, this is a GREAT idea!
    I could help you if you need help?
    Oh, by the way, I would suggest having these three pokemon for starters:

~Eevee: Because it's not elemental, but it evolves into one.
    ~Slakoth: It stays Normal type for all its evolutions.
    ~Togepi: It's a really weak, and Normal Pokemon! Perfect for a hard game!

Here's some other ideas if you don't like those:

~Igglybuff: Same idea as Togepi, it's really weak.
    ~Cleffa: Same idea as Igglybuff and Togepi, it's really weak.
    ~Ditto: This is one of the hardest Pokemon to fight with, you need strategy!
    ~Meowth: One of the most well-known Normal type Pokemon.
    ~Smeargle: At the start, you will have to sketch your attacks or else!

And here are what I think would be the best choices out of those lists:

~***Smeargle***
    ~***Ditto***
    ~***Eevee***

And you can think of it as this:

~If you picked Smeargle you want the game to be Really-Hard.
    ~If you picked Ditto you want the game to be SUPER-Hard.
    ~If you picked Eevee you want the game to be Hard.

That was only MY choice of three. You can still pick the other ones!
    Hey, I'm waiting for Support Banners! I'll support you all the way!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back