• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Super]-Secret Bases!

Years
    I cannot wait for this feature to come back and be newly improved from the old games, I loved secret bases so much. But.... I hope trainer customization is still a thing because I have my doubts about friends being different trainer classes instead of a customizable character.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Hopefully it be in these games too, making these games the most customizable games yet.

I plan to make my base perhaps in one of the bases accessible only by using the Arco bike to challenge people to find my base and battle me.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Would make sense if they kept the Greek Letter scheme considering that we have greek letters in the game title :P

I'm wondering if you can purchase stairs as a new item, or maybe a part of the layout?

Years
    Would make sense if they kept the Greek Letter scheme considering that we have greek letters in the game title :P

I'm wondering if you can purchase stairs as a new item, or maybe a part of the layout?

I agree; it'd make total sense to keep the Greek letter naming scheme!

If the one layout with stairs shown is the Iota layout, then maybe they're purchasable? I could see some bases having an elevated room but with no way to access them until you buy stairs. (Also, just thinking about how some of the bases will have elevated rooms makes me think of how far we've gone in terms of graphics. It's really exciting!)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I am pretty sure that the stairs shown in one of the pics is actually a slide. I have a vague memory of having one in my base in Sapphire. I would check but I don't have the game and I have no idea where my base was. I have a bad memory so I usually use the base south of Mauville, but I think I found a better one and moved it lol. This is also why I hope that our bases get marked on our region maps!

Years
    I am pretty sure that the stairs shown in one of the pics is actually a slide. I have a vague memory of having one in my base in Sapphire. I would check but I don't have the game and I have no idea where my base was. I have a bad memory so I usually use the base south of Mauville, but I think I found a better one and moved it lol. This is also why I hope that our bases get marked on our region maps!

[Super]-Secret Bases!

Is this the slide you're thinking of? It's much too slim to be the stairs. Though, going down a slide from a higher part of the base sounds like a lot of fun ;-;

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Yeah, I assumed you were talking about that one because the stairs in the Iota layout seemed to be a way of getting across the hole instead of stairs to another area. Whoops.

Spoiler:

But I guess now that you look at it, it doesn't seem to be the same layout. In RSE, the top room is square, and in ORAS, top room looks different. So maybe.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I love this :D I did it in RSE, but not too often since I never got any good-looking furniture :(

I like decorating in Animal Crossing, though, so this should be nice :)

Years
    Seeing the secret bases screenshots with old items rendered in 3D certainly have made me indulge in some nostalgic reminiscing. Lovely to see various things returning like the adorable Skitty TV, as well as new features like QR code compatibility. Super-secret bases will be one of the first things I try out in ORAS, for sure. Gonna spend a lot of time making mine look pretty :]

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I remember me using the Delta Layout a lot haha, It was fun, and the tents were <3I didnt get the chance to get the Lilycove-exclusive items tho :( so no barriers, covers, slides ;;

Years
    The department items weren't hard to come by. Did people not visit the department store or listened to the tv daily like I did. I was a secret base maniac as a kid it seems xD.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I was hoping that they would expand on the bases a bit, visually. As of now, it seems like they've simply just updated the graphics. I was hoping that the bases would be a bit larger, with more practical features, and customisation options.

That said I can't complain too much, there's a lot of nostalgia in there. I look forward to seeing all the connectivity and how it plays out in the games. Secret bases were just a small part of what made Hoenn so special, and they've now got added features. So I'm happy to see that at least.

Years
    They could still have the option to make them bigger announced (or they could let us find out on our own) later. We still don't know what Aarune's roll will extend to. He may give us new things to change up our bases further on.

Back