• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Sentai Warriors

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
  • (aka Power Rangers for those who don't know your children's show history >:o)

Anyway, this was originally going to be named "Team Dark Spears" or "Team Britney Elf" out of spite of Anti, but I decided to go with this sexier theme instead ;D So this team was built randomly one day when I said to D_A "I feel like building an UU Hyper Offensive Team." And we went from there. This team encompasses several of the current ~Broken~ Pokemon in UU into one huge wrecking ball. Most of the time it works well and hits hard like a tank. Other times it's off target and fails completely. Luckily for me, the former happens more often then the later. Anyway, onto Zordon's chosen team of warriors:

MDP091.png
    MDP475.png
    MDP254.png
    MDP429.png
    MDP208.png
    MDP059.png

Close Your Legs!

Spr_4h_091.png

Cloyster @ Focus Sash**Blue Ranger
    Ability: Skill Link
    EVs: 160 HP/252 Atk/96 SpD
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Spikes
    - Ice Shard
    - Rock Blast

Well I needed a better check for Azumarill for my team and a better Anti-Lead to take care of Froslass. Surf takes out the common spinners in UU (Claydol and Donphan). Rock Blast breaks Azumarill's substitute and prevents it from Focus Punching the snot out of Cloyster. Ice Shard takes out other leads who survive with Focus Sash. Amazing Defenses and all around fantastic. Credit to Heysup on Smogon.

~Knight in Shining Armor~

475.png

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb**Pink Ranger
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Shadow Sneak

The Physical powerhouse of the team. Another "broken" Pokemon in UU like Froslass. However, it's stopped by Spiritomb and Weezing, two fairly common Pokemon in the metagame. Shadow Sneak acts as a last resort priority attack and takes out Pokemon like Rotom or Mismagius that come in to end Gallade's sweep. Takes out Miltank who causes problems for Mismagius, Sceptile and Arcanine.

Note: Kimberly was the hard hitting Pink Ranger on the original squad. Gallade is pretty feminine for a Male-only Pokemon and he also has some pink on his body.

Slice & Dice

254.png

Sceptile @ Life Orb**Green Ranger
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Leaf Blade
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Originally Venusaur occupied this spot, but I needed a reliable check for Houndoom who otherwise massacred this team. Sceptile is very unpredictable: it can run numerous sets from SubSeed to Choice Specs. I use this to my advantage as most people don't know who to switch into Sceptile, allowing me to get in a Swords Dance and attempt to sweep. While I miss Venusaur's more powerful Power Whip and Sleep Powder, Sceptile has proven to be a worthy addition.

Note: Sceptile's Green. Green Ranger. You do the math ;)

Head Witch in Charge

429.png

Mismagius (M) @ Life Orb**Black Ranger
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Thunderbolt

The Special Sweeper of the team. She also acts as the other anti-spinner if Froslass goes down. I was originally going to go with SubNP Mismagius with Leftovers but due to the highly offensive nature of this team, that was playing it too safe. Plus, Thunderbolt allows me to take out Honchkrow on the switch and serves as back up in case Steelix can't clear Milotic out. Helps clear out bulky Physical Pokemon like Weezing and Slowbro that hinder Gallade and Sceptile's sweep.

Note: There was no ~Purple~ Ranger, so black was the closest thing.

Explosive Behemoth

Spr_4h_208_m_s.png

Steelix @ Passho Berry**Yellow Ranger
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 100 HP/164 Atk/244 SDef
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Explosion
    - Earthquake

Also known as Lurelix. Passho Berry lets it live most Water-type attacks and take them out with Explosion. This allows my other Pokemon to sweep more easily. It misses its normal physical bulkiness from its standard set but Steelix is never on the field for long anyway. I usually set up Stealth Rock the first time its out. I try to refrain from blowing up right away so I can make sure I blow up on the right Pokemon. Steelix is an amazing Raikou counter with this set and Earthquake smashes it completely.

Note: The Blue Ranger was the smartest one and using Steelix requires the most strategy.

The Dog of Deceit

059.png

Arcanine @ Life Orb**Red Ranger
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 42 Atk/216 Spd/252 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Flare Blitz
    - Morning Sun
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Overheat

Morning Sun was a welcome addition to Arcanine's move pool. It allows him to switch into SR and use Life Orb freely and heal it all off. Without it, Arcanine would die quickly when coupled with the recoil from Flare Blitz. With Steelix, Sceptile and Mismagius clearing or weaking bulky Water- and Ground-types, Arcanine has an easier time massacring the opposing team. I like to lure in Special Walls with Overheat and then smash them with Flare Blitz. Hidden Power [Grass] is unwelcome surprise for Quagsire switching in.

Note: Red Ranger was the brave one of the group. He was also red. This fits Arcanine perfectly ;D

Last edited:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I see this very weak team to Rock Polish-Rhyperior in fact this Pokémon after an only Rock polish he can effectively strike practically all the components of your team through the good her coverage (SEdge, EQuake, MHorn), also eliminated Steelix SpecsZam he can give many problems to your team.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    But ..... Steelix can take on Rhyperior's Stone Edge. and Sceptile can Speed tie with Zam.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I see this very weak team to Rock Polish-Rhyperior in fact this Pokémon after an only Rock polish he can effectively strike practically all the components of your team through the good her coverage (SEdge, EQuake, MHorn), also eliminated Steelix SpecsZam he can give many problems to your team.
    Rhyperior can't set up on any of the Power Rangers, except possibly Blue Ranger.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • I like the idea of this team and the analogy to Power Rangers. The original PR's were the best. Kim and Tommy belonged together!! (Even I knew this and I was like 5 or 6 years old). Oh and I'm pretty sure Tommy was the green ranger.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I like the idea of this team and the analogy to Power Rangers. The original PR's were the best. Kim and Tommy belonged together!! (Even I knew this and I was like 5 or 6 years old). Oh and I'm pretty sure Tommy was the green ranger.

Tommy started off the Green Ranger then became the White Ranger some time in the 2nd/3rd Season.

Update:

Replaced Froslass with Anti-Lead Cloyster set by Heysup.

$

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    But ..... Steelix can take on Rhyperior's Stone Edge. and Sceptile can Speed tie with Zam.

Sceptile speed ties and does what? unboosted attacks wont ohko even frail alakazam.

Steelix can't take an EQ which every rhyperior runs.

Everything on the team is OHKO/2HKO'd by RPperior.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well what i was thinking is maybe a version of Donphan would work > Steelix, to help with Rhyperior somewhat. Adamant SR + 3 Attacks is what i was thinking. With Max attack you 2hko Spiritomb with EQ and that would help Mismag and Gallade sweep MASSIVELY by luring them in.

Then Raikou might be an issue, however, Sceptile comes out on top vs most versions and can switch directly into non HP Ice/Fire version. Even then you can revenge kill them with it, that and you have alot of priority.

And lastly Houndoom >> Arcanine. This helps with Zam massively as he can just spam Psychic and go lolol, Houndoom can also run a mix set pretty well actually. Crunch/Fire Blast or Overheat/Thunderfang/Sucker i think is the set 252 Atk / 76 SpA / 180 Speed @ Naughty @ LO. Its meant to be actually pretty good. Just make sure you can beat sub zam, since those are the scariest.

Without Sucker you lose to unchoiced Zam and without Crunch you lose to Chansey which explains the 2 dark moves.

Anywho it keeps zam in check and it a fantastic Chansey lure which helps Mismag sweep.

Some things to consider here.

EDIT:

Also Sceptile DOES OHKO Zam with Leaf Blade btw.=p

Last edited:

$

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    Actually the mixdoom set is;

Houndoom @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 156 Atk / 224 Spd / 128 SAtk
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse

Pursuits stuff which helps your sweepers sweep easier, sucker punch for priority, fireblast/darkpulse for dual stab. Speed is enough to beat rotom and attack/sp atk is evened out to do the most damage equivalent in both sides to hit hard physically and specially. Hasty > naive so you can come in on resisted special attacks easier instead of coming in on any physical attack which will hurt you since houndoom is pretty frail.

Now i would suggest running donphan over steelix like D_A said so;

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 176 HP / 244 Atk / 88 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar

Outruns clefable with 88 Spe, gives you almost maximum damage dealing capabilities, Roar to phaze stuff, and 176 HP gives you a nice number and overall bulk.

269 Atk vs 126 Def & 252 HP (90 Base Power): 268 - 316 (106.35% - 125.40%)

You were right about leaf blade being able to OHKO but yeah houndoom > arcanine definetly since you should never rely on a speed tie in order to beat a big threat.

Ill post more later I guess.

Back