• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Toad is already in the game as one of Peach's attacks, though.
    And as a Mii costume, but do note that some veteran characters had their moves changed before (e.g. Pit's original final smash changed to the three sacred treasures just to make Palutena playable).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:
    A lot of people actually think that Cloud's a pretty good character despite his recovery and lack of safety on shield. Admittedly I also have a hard time seeing him as a bad character right now.....though we'll see how things go in the coming months.

Yeah, the patch was pretty big for Mewtwo. You can actually hit with its fucking aerials now lol. But the reason why Dorf's still not really any better/hasn't moved up in the list is that they didn't really fix any of his problems like they did with Mewtwo, plus Mewtwo's also way more mobile, which is hella important.

good to see that Reddit still overrates Roy lol

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Jigglypuff is worse than Zelda.

I don't know why people think Zelda is worse. At least she's functional. Puff is punishable on hit.

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
    Years
  • It's more than likely a port of Super Smash Bros. Wii U

I feel like a brand new Smash Bros is HIGHLY unlikely, even if the NX did indeed get pushed for a 2017 release, it would be too soon imo.

I'm personally hoping for a port of some sort, graphics up-scaled, all DLC included, and even to have all of the 3DS stages included would be awesome, though probably pretty unlikely.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's more than likely a port of Super Smash Bros. Wii U

I feel like a brand new Smash Bros is HIGHLY unlikely, even if the NX did indeed get pushed for a 2017 release, it would be too soon imo.

I'm personally hoping for a port of some sort, graphics up-scaled, all DLC included, and even to have all of the 3DS stages included would be awesome, though probably pretty unlikely.

I doubt it's going to be a port of the Wii U version, since Sakurai dislikes making re-releases of the same game on a different system, so I believe the rumored NX version is going to be like the Wii U and 3DS version: same roster of characters but different stages, modes, and trophies. The question is if the DLC characters and stages will be part of the beginning roster, unlockables, or remain as DLC.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Hey guys, apparently niconico is doing a live stream tournament on youtube. We don't know when, but they're going to showcase Corrin and Bayonetta soon.

Years
  • Hey guys, apparently niconico is doing a live stream tournament on youtube. We don't know when, but they're going to showcase Corrin and Bayonetta soon.
    Dude, it's happening right now. Still no Corrin or Bayo, but the actual tournament part is pretty good. (RIP Nairo)

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I know for a fact they're not showing them and I am getting restless (and paranoid about missing them).

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    That was cool. I was hoping too see some of Corrin's victory dances, but the witch won. "Sigh"

Anyway, from how the comment section was rolling, it sounds like the release date has been confirmed for Febuary 4th. What do you guys think.

Years
  • That was cool. I was hoping too see some of Corrin's victory dances, but the witch won. "Sigh"

Anyway, from how the comment section was rolling, it sounds like the release date has been confirmed for Febuary 4th. What do you guys think.
    February 3rd for us in North America. https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/693644896624836609
    I, for one, am very excited! Gonna buy both Corrin and Bayonetta DLC. ^^
    The Smash Bros. website also updated. Corrin's page. Bayonetta's page.

EDIT: Also, for those who missed the stream, here's the match that showcased Corrin and Bayonetta battling on the new Umbra Clock Tower stage.
    Spoiler:

EDIT (Again, sorry Garison): Even MOAR videos!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
    Years
  • I doubt it's going to be a port of the Wii U version, since Sakurai dislikes making re-releases of the same game on a different system, so I believe the rumored NX version is going to be like the Wii U and 3DS version: same roster of characters but different stages, modes, and trophies. The question is if the DLC characters and stages will be part of the beginning roster, unlockables, or remain as DLC.

Hmm, that would be interesting. But I don't know if I'd be down to drop another $60 for a port with just different stages.

Sakurai in general is pretty "meh" when it comes to sequels. It's been rumored thought that Bandai Namco is doing the Smash game on the NX, so Sakurai might just be taking the back-seat with this one. Which is what I was expecting him to do come Smash 5, anyway. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

On a side note, Feb 3rd for the DLC ya'll, so hype rn!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Sakurai in general is pretty "meh" when it comes to sequels. It's been rumored thought that Bandai Namco is doing the Smash game on the NX, so Sakurai might just be taking the back-seat with this one. Which is what I was expecting him to do come Smash 5, anyway. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

According to one of the more recent interviews, which was back on December before the final Smash presentation, he said how he couldn't imagine them developing a new Smash game without him, so it's a fair assumption that he won't be leaving the franchise to someone else just yet.

Since I have no class Wednesday, I'll be able to buy the Corrin and Bayonetta DLC and try them out.

Back