• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I'm happy with who we're getting right now. There are more I'd like to see, but I would be happy if there were no more newcomers and only some veterans returning.

I'm going to play as the Villager often, along with Pac-Man if he plays well. But I'm just thrilled to have the Villager as a fighter. :P

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Mega Man, Little Mac, and Palutena, Rosalina, Pac-Man, Robin, and Lucina are whom I'm satisfied with, but were still missing two more newcomers before I'm completely satisfied (those two being Ridley and K. Rool).

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    According to the Picture of the Day, his Up Special got nerfed by removing the glide mechanic. That may be a good sign.

I thought Gliding was confirmed to be gone completely a while back? Either way, I'm glad he's getting a good nerfin'. Now if only we could get Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf. And where IS Wario? xD

(And Ghirahim? ._.)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I thought Gliding was confirmed to be gone completely a while back? Either way, I'm glad he's getting a good nerfin'. Now if only we could get Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf. And where IS Wario? xD

(And Ghirahim? ._.)
    Everyone thought Pit's gliding was gone, not the gliding mechanic in general, because the statement regarding Pit's changes at April's Smash Direct were a bit vague. Because of Meta Knight, we didn't get a Ganondorf reveal to tie-in with Hyrule Warriors' Japanese release. I believe they're saving Wario for either a hypothetical villains trailer or another Smash Direct.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I believe they're saving Wario for either a hypothetical villains trailer
    Yeah that's not happening because we're not getting any new villains beyond the recent one

They're saving him for a trailer reveal alongside a Rhythm Heaven character

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Mega Man, Little Mac, and Palutena, Rosalina, Pac-Man, Robin, and Lucina are whom I'm satisfied with, but were still missing two more newcomers before I'm completely satisfied (those two being Ridley and K. Rool).

You think that Ridley can be made into a playable character, even with his size?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    You think that Ridley can be made into a playable character, even with his size?
    Yes, since Melee's intro:

Spoiler:

I'll also refer to this video explaining the situation he's currently in.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    OH MY GOD THIS IS HILARIOUS

"shadow evidence" pfft hahahahahaha

these guys dont know ****
    Knowing that you're a member at Smashboards (I constantly lurk there for reading Smash speculation), you should at least have heard about how important the shadow analysis is to the Ridley thread in their second post. And you've gotta admit, not revealing Ridley completely since April's Smash Direct, as well as not calling him by name, seems suspicious.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Oh no, not another Ridley debate...

I can understand both sides, however. The fact that he was never completely revealed as a boss character and Melee's intro shows possibility. Bowser's been scaled to many different sizes, why not scale down Ridley just for this game? Another Metroid rep would be great. And Sakurai loves to troll us fans. He could be making us all think that he's a boss, then give a surprise announcement that he was a playable character the whole time. xD

On the other hand, Ridley's consistently huge. Scaling him down would make him look really awkward compared to the rest of the fighters. He's supposed to be big and menacing. In Metroid Prime 3, he was big enough for Samus to stand in his mouth. And him being a boss in Brawl with an already defined Smash size even further questions his playability. Maybe they could use Prime 1's Meta Ridley (his "smallest" model?), but that's it as far as I'm concerned. And I don't see them using it since they're using Samus' Other M model, and Ridley was pretty big in that game. Plus the Other M Ridley model is already the confirmed one they're using.

I really do want him playable and would love to see it happen. I'm all for it, but at the end of the day, I just doubt they'll do it. I still think he's a boss in the Geothermal Power Plant stage. If I'm wrong and he is playable, I'll be excited. If he isn't, I'll have expected it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I think the issue with Ridley's inclusion lies with whether or not Nintendo is doing anything with the Metroid franchise. Currently, they are not doing much. Ridley's best shot was Melee with the Gamecube and his spot in the introduction would actually make sense if he was meant to be in that game.

Now...I don't know. By Fire Emblem's roster increase, we can really see where Nintendo is investing their stock. Fire Emblem was a hit and they're giving them more spots. But Metroid isn't doing much these days. I think he's unlikely, but I know fans are begging for him and it would be a nice hats-off for those pushing for him.

Jak texted me this morning and said:

Jak said:
    Dixieeeeeeee

I immediately shot up to check the Smash Bros. website to see if she had really just been announced. I was sad when she wasn't. :'(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Jak texted me this morning and said:

I immediately shot up to check the Smash Bros. website to see if she had really just been announced. I was sad when she wasn't. :'(

I am so sorry, but by "dixieeeeee" I meant we were working on the song Dixie in sectionals and I was going to record it for you. lol :(

Also, I heard the Wii Fit Trainer is only going to be in the Wii U version and not the 3DS one? Is this proven?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I am so sorry, but by "dixieeeeee" I meant we were working on the song Dixie in sectionals and I was going to record it for you. lol :(

Also, I heard the Wii Fit Trainer is only going to be in the Wii U version and not the 3DS one? Is this proven?

Thatl'll be odd, concidering that supposely the same roster, is present for both versions. There should be a screenshot of Pikachu, on the 3DS, with Wii Fit Trainer in it. I may be wrong though.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    IN OTHER NEWS, Snake probably won't come back, and the game is worse for it since he was one of the best designed characters.

(I accidentally edited this post instead of quoting it, feel free to restore what you wrote. - Dracula)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's fake. Leaker claims to work at ESRB...but the ESRB doesn't play games. They only get sent documents and footage. (Direct footage, not blurry ones played on the hardware)

Back