• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Ooh, maybe I should take on Master Core if I'm ready. Btw, I just managed to win 100-Man Smash challenge, as Lucina, and with no items used, at 03:33.13 seconds! I'm glad that she still prevails even at 201% damage in this match.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Ooh, maybe I should take on Master Core if I'm ready. Btw, I just managed to win 100-Man Smash challenge, as Lucina, and with no items used, at 03:33.13 seconds! I'm glad that she still prevails even at 201% damage in this match.

Dooo iiiiit, it's such a fun and unique boss. Watch out for the swords though, one of its attacks is insanely broken.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Probably not, since there's no separate trophies for male and female Robin. When you beat Classic with Robin, it's a trophy of the male one you get, regardless of which gender you played as. Although the Koopalings and Alph are technically their own characters and not just a different gender of the same character. Might as well try clearing Classic with a Koopaling and see what happens.

I completed Classic Mode as Larry and gave me a Bowser Jr. trophy instead of a Larry trophy.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Donkey Kong is great at all star mode, but I keep losing to stage hazards. His down special wreaks AI opponents.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    The lag online mode has is getting really annoying.
    You don't find much lag on 1-on-1's, but yes it is so annoying that the game can get lag online. More often than not it makes team matches unplayable, as well as free-for-alls.

Btw, all of you people having trouble with Classic, try and get some practice in, especially with your mains. I do 7.0 for Classic and usually don't lose a life, and can beat Level 9 CPUs with my mains.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    You don't find much lag on 1-on-1's, but yes it is so annoying that the game can get lag online. More often than not it makes team matches unplayable, as well as free-for-alls.
    I only do 1v1s when I do online battles. It's not like there's the horrendously slow, 5fps lag most of the time. I just don't like any lag at all in fighting games, because even a fraction of a second matters a lot. A lot of my matches have this split second's worth of lag and it's really annoying when you whiff an attack or time a dodge wrong because there's that tiny little delay in everything. There's been some matches where I feel like I could've done better if there was absolutely no lag. What's worse is that I'm starting to get to that point where level 9 CPUs aren't that hard to beat anymore, and so I see online mode as a good way to get better since there's plenty of really skilled people online. But how am I supposed to get better when there's lag interfering?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I only do 1v1s when I do online battles. It's not like there's the horrendously slow, 5fps lag most of the time. I just don't like any lag at all in fighting games, because even a fraction of a second matters a lot. A lot of my matches have this split second's worth of lag and it's really annoying when you whiff an attack or time a dodge wrong because there's that tiny little delay in everything. There's been some matches where I feel like I could've done better if there was absolutely no lag. What's worse is that I'm starting to get to that point where level 9 CPUs aren't that hard to beat anymore, and so I see online mode as a good way to get better since there's plenty of really skilled people online. But how am I supposed to get better when there's lag interfering?
    That's a bit odd, probably about 95% of my 1v1 matches are lag-free. You can speed up your connection by...
    • Going closer to your modem/router, in the same room as it
    • Not doing anything else on the internet while you play (especially watching videos or streams)
    Doing those can actually speed up your connection quite a bit. I hope your lag stutter problem goes away. Keep in mind that there will be matches where there is lag regardless of how good your connection is because a lot of people that play online Smash don't have fast enough internet and/or go against the above tips.

I know how crucial it is to have lag-free matches in frame-reactive high-speed fighting games...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    That's a bit odd, probably about 95% of my 1v1 matches are lag-free. You can speed up your connection by...
    • Going closer to your modem/router, in the same room as it
    • Not doing anything else on the internet while you play (especially watching videos or streams)
    Doing those can actually speed up your connection quite a bit. I hope your lag stutter problem goes away. Keep in mind that there will be matches where there is lag regardless of how good your connection is because a lot of people that play online Smash don't have fast enough internet and/or go against the above tips.

I know how crucial it is to have lag-free matches in frame-reactive high-speed fighting games...
    I think I'll go try doing that. Normally when I play I'm on the complete opposite side of the house where the router is and am on the internet. Thanks.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So I beat All-Star mode on Hard as Bowser, and I'm still preparing myself for beating Classic Mode at 9 Intensity.

Has anyone read the trophy descriptions by any chance? I heard they were written by one of the writers of the Mother series, and they're hilarious. This one's by far the best one:

Spoiler:

Years
    I beat master core on 5.5 as robin started on 9.0 went down to 8.5 two matches before master and crazy hand and then died a lot of times during the cutscene where master hand transforms to master core making me have to fight him with 1 stock left almost every time get until the blade phase and then get smashed by the blades, I'll try beating him again with another character on high intensity later on but not with robin he's good in 1v1s against normal characters but terrible against master hand.

BrandoSheriff

Years
    I heard lag decreases online if you put your phone into airplane mode or turn it off or something like that, supposedly giving the game more reception. Though I think this only applies if you have your phone hooked to Wi-Fi. Anyone try it already?

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    So, can we for a minute talk about how irredeemably terrible of a map Jungle Japes is? The water is pretty much impossible to escape.

It's like playing "The Floor is Lava".

And fighting people.

In an actual volcano.

With bombs.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So I took 1-on-1 in "For Glory" a shot today, and my first opponent for most of my time there was a player named Alfomaru (I believe that's how you spell it) who was using female Robin. He won most of the matches, and I was only able to beat him twice as Falco and Toon Link, and once as Mario, Link, and Duck Hunt. R.O.B, Luigi, Lucina, Bowser, Pac-Man, and Zero Suit Samus didn't stand a chance against him, because he's been spamming Thunder and Arcfire, while I try to prevent myself from spamming the same moves.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Yeah, sometimes you get people who spam the same couple of moves. There are some moves that are good to use a lot, particularly with ranged fighters, since if they can't even get close to you, what does it matter if you use the same 3 attacks?

But then you get the people who spam the wrong moves. I just got done with some 1v1 For Glory myself, and there was this one guy who for whatever reason thought that spamming Greninja's Dair was a good idea.

I also encountered this one person who just went and ran off the stage twice.

BrandoSheriff

Years
    I haven't gone on For Glory yet, but all these things I'm hearing make me iffy about ever doing so. :/

I also realized, I don't really like Palutena in this game. I'm terrible with her, and ended up Game Over'ing 3 times on Master Core. And about game over'ing in Classic, I don't mind the drop in Intensity as Uprising did the same thing, but I hate that you lose some of your hard-earned rewards if you do get a game over. Lost 6 good custom parts and 5 new trophies because of that. :(

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    When it comes to For Fun and For Glory, I don't think I would ever do For Glory. This is because I am a real man, and real men use items. Thus, I prefer doing For Fun. Course I do recall one of the matches I did in For Fun, I ended up at Sudden Death at one point, and ended up winning. I was using Lucario in that match.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    When it comes to For Fun and For Glory, I don't think I would ever do For Glory. This is because I am a real man, and real men use items. Thus, I prefer doing For Fun. Course I do recall one of the matches I did in For Fun, I ended up at Sudden Death at one point, and ended up winning. I was using Lucario in that match.
    xD REAL men don't use items, and fight Final Destination. That's not just for fun, it's For Glory!!!

Items aren't glorious at all...

Also, when you think about it, a true competitve Smash player does tournaments, which means they don't use items nor do they do only Final Destination...

Back