• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I believe the Inkling girl will be the default gender and will utilize all 4 weapon types (Splattergun, Splattergun Jr., Charger, and Roller) and sub-weapons onto her moveset. Like Mega Man, the Inklings will just shoot instead of punching, and their squid form have to be incorporated somehow. There are a few special weapons that have the potential to be the Inklings' final smash: the Inkzooka, the Killer Wail, the Kraken, or the Inkstrike. The only obstacle the Inklings are facing is that Splatoon is waaaay too recent to warrant a slot in Smash 4 as a DLC fighter, having only one game on their belt, which is why they're currently represented as Mii costumes. Both Villager and Olimar (in Melee's case), Wii Fit Trainer (in Brawl's case), and Shulk had to wait until their respective series had more than one game to warrant a spot.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Seeing as we need more villains in Smash 4, I'd prefer an octoling to an inkling. And yeah, it'd be very similar to megaman in how it functions, but it'd be cool for ink it left around having a slowing effect on the movements of others.

I don't think Splatoon's recent release will be a problem. We shouldn't really judge who can get in now based on who has in the past, especially since DLC has never existed in the series before.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I'm surprised you've never heard of these characters. Banjo-Kazooie is a rather pair of iconic ex-Nintendo characters during the N64 days before being bought by Microsoft, though the company's CEO commented that he wouldn't mind seeing Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. King K. Rool is the primary antagonist of the Donkey Kong series since the SNES days, made by the same guys, named Rare Ware, who created Banjo-Kazooie (thankfully, Nintendo still owns K. Rool when Microsoft bought Rare). And Shovel Knight is from last year's hit indie game of the same name, who is basically a tribute/love letter to the 8-bit gaming era.

Roy's fans do not care though, they just want their boy back. Plus Sakurai's going to be participating in July's Fire Emblem event to celebrate the series' 25th anniversary, which may hint Roy's reveal over there.

I do not have anything against clones in general ( Pittoo is one of my favorite characters). And the fact roy is a clone is not a problem by itself. It just does not seem to make sense for Marth two have two clones.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Revealing Ryu and/or Roy is the most likely thing if those are indeed true. Dunno what else he'd reveal bar some crazy shit no one expected.

Though I wonder who'll they'll pick from the voter ballot thing....

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    That Uair string lol

That seems pretty good for a character you just picked up. How many guys you play now, like 4?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    That Uair string lol

That seems pretty good for a character you just picked up. How many guys you play now, like 4?
    Play loads but Wario is the only one I'm serious with. Every other character I end up dropping. I'm liking Meta Knight a lot though.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    Though I wonder who'll they'll pick from the voter ballot thing....

I am very curious of that too, but remember that doesn't end til much later in the year. Though, they might start taking ideas and making DLC for them earlier before the ballot officially ends.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    After watching them, I would like to know, what is your favorite quote from Palutena's Guidance?

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    A new article is out reminding us that Sakurai doesn't play favorites: https://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-says-there-are-no-favorites-in-smash-bros/

What's also interesting to note is that he'll release patches to nerf/buff characters based on their performances at For Glory and Final Destination.

And still, those who feel melee is better will still ***** and complain. In all honestly, I give the man a round of applause for all the work he does. We all the things he'd gone through, personality swings, the injury involving his hands and still going to patch characters so they are tuned correctly? That is some damn good work.

Years
    I feel like the leak made the character poll moot... Well, I'm not surprised anout Roy, or even Ryu. We discussed the strong possibility of these characters being introduced quite some time ago.

Back