• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garison

The Grey Waves
Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    IF I did get ssb4 (let alone a wii u) I cannot choose wether Sonic, Pit, Greninja (I can tolerate his voice) or Lucario would be my main. Pit , Greninja, and Lucario seem to be very good fighters, and Sonic had been my first favorite video game character of my entire life.

Rellek

Believe
    Years
    • final destination, despite it's awesome new look having a questionable underbelly, is changed back to the old style collision where you will slide up the bottom to the ledge. IE NOT like brawls final destination which made me rage all the time when I first got brawl.

This is probably the best possible change in that entire list. At least for me. This makes me so happy haha! So glad everything is settled on FD now. It's still gonna ba overpicked as hell :P

Years
  • I hope Nintendo releases a slider cover for the new 3ds XL with the smash bros, that or I can add a decal sticker.

I just realized how easy a decal will be to insert on the covers. And you can swap them instead of peeling it off and throwing it out to switch things up.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Most of them being characters I'll never play, my only question to the reddit post is "Is Kirby any good now?" That's basically it. Granted, it helps to know Mega Man will be mostly a zoning character and Pac-Man will be floaty/intentionally clunky, but nothing stops me from playing favorite characters unless they suck (and that still didn't stop me from playing Kirby in Melee. It just hurt like heck. That misgrab slam fills me with bitterness every time :( ).

Overall, I'll say I'm glad the game is shaping up and will hopefully bridge the gap so many hard core players felt happened in Brawl.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The Monado looks pretty cool, certainly gives him some decent range (and probably the longest range of all the sword fighters bar Link's ranged weapons and Robin's thunder magic). I just hope that he doesn't really gets foresight. And does he have several fighting style variations? Seemed like that in the trailer.

Was it bad that I laughed a bit at his accent though?

Also, were we supposed to know who/what that thing was at the end of the trailer talking to Shulk (I've never played Xenoblade)?

Rellek

Believe
    Years
  • The Monado looks pretty cool, certainly gives him some decent range (and probably the longest range of all the sword fighters bar Link's ranged weapons and Robin's thunder magic). I just hope that he doesn't really gets foresight. And does he have several fighting style variations? Seemed like that in the trailer.

Also, were we supposed to know who/what that thing was at the end of the trailer talking to Shulk (I've never played Xenoblade)?
    It was a boss from his game, Metalface. He'll likely end up being a stage boss judging by his looming shadow and history as a boss.

Reactions: Nah

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Shulk's confirmed:

Looking pretty good!

You're late to the party 2 weeks ago.

The Monado looks pretty cool, certainly gives him some decent range (and probably the longest range of all the sword fighters bar Link's ranged weapons and Robin's thunder magic). I just hope that he doesn't really gets foresight. And does he have several fighting style variations? Seemed like that in the trailer.

Yes, he has 5 different style variations. One for more speed, one for more defense, one for more jump height, one for more power on normal attack, and one for more power on launch attacks.

Nah, his accent is what gives him charm, since Europe got Xenoblade before the U.S.

That's Metal Face (yeah, lame villain name).

Rellek

Believe
    Years
  • The question for Shulk is: Will there be a mode where he uses none of them?

There weren't any clips long enough in the trailer to show it wearing out, but there were clips of him being in a supposed neutral stance...

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I think Shulk will end up being a fan-favorite, simply because he is very unknown at this time. I honestly had heard nothing of him up until the rumors of his inclusion in Smash. :x

Speaking of Smash, we have the new Showdown thread posted for the month which revolves around your dream addition to the Smash Bros. series. AKA You should totally check the thread out and nominate someone if there's a special character you'd like to see. :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The Smash demo (with playable Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman, and Villager) released in Japan... well, I don't actually know when, but I noticed it today when I was in the eShop so I grabbed it. I have some opinions on the controls. (And note, I write this as a very casual Smash player.)

Maaaan the 3DS controls are so uncomfortable. :( I don't know what 3DS LLs are like--hopefully they have a better design on the circle pad than the original 3DS--but playing the game was a bit of a hassle. A slower character like Link was alright, but trying to control Pikachu with the circle pad was SUCH a pain. I sort of got used to the circle pad--or at least started training myself to deal with it--by the time I put it down for the night, but I never really got the hang of hitting L for throwing items. It's really awkward to throw in a particular direction when you're controlling the direction with the same hand. Settings aren't unlocked in the demo, though, so fingers crossed that you can map buttons in this game, maybe.

The game looks a lot better than I expected, though. It was a little bit difficult to tell my character apart from others when we were playing the same character, at times, even with palette swaps, but that might just be me sucking at the game. I noticed it was a little hard to follow the action when everything zoomed out but, again, I might just suck. I feel like I could also attribute both of these to playing on the original 3DS with its smaller screen. I don't think this game was made for my 3DS. But the graphics are good, especially for 3DS. I admittedly didn't think I'd like the hard black outline on the characters but it looks fine and it's definitely needed to help separate the characters from the background.

I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed. When this was announced for 3DS my very first thought was "ugh, I bet it won't control very well" but I figured... hey... they wouldn't go to the trouble of developing it for 3DS if they weren't confident in the controls, right? The issues I'm having are exactly what I expected. The button layout is awkward and unintuitive to me. (I've never played Smash with so few buttons before--I guess if anyone played Brawl with the Wii remote this might feel cushy.) Hopefully it's better on the 3DS LL but I have no idea what those even feel like so all I can judge is my old 3DS model. I'm gonna play a little more here and there for a few more days to see if I can get better and get over the awkward controls but I have a feeling I won't, so I'm probably skipping the 3DS release and just getting the Wii U version when it comes out.

Aside from the physical controls, I did like the gameplay, the speed, and so on... so I'm excited to play the Wii U version! Whenever it actually releases, anyway.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ^That's what I thought would be the case, and why I decided on getting the WiiU version even though I don't have one yet but have a 3DS (and just a regular model one at that). I just couldn't imagine the controls being comfortable to me on a handheld (hell, sometimes I felt like I'd kill my 3DS playing Smash on it). And on a faster paced game like Smash, you need the controls to be comfortable. Not to mention that a bigger screen is nicer too.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    A lot of my friends who tried the game were pretty positive about the controls. Even professional players didn't have much problems with it.

Well, I was comfortable with Kid Icarus Uprising, I can deal with this one. lol

Back