• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    For the 100-combo just use this trick.

In training mode, Pick Ness. Set the damage to 999%. Grab your opponent and keep hitting the L button (or whatever button you use for grabbing) and keep hitting it until you have 100 hits.

That did the trick!

For challenges involving Cruel Smash, I suspect anyone with damaging Counter moves may make it a relative breeze. Or does it involve something else?

Years
  • I wedged an opponent in a corner with a fire flower and was able to get 80 hits that way...but then I realized it dies out too soon. So I used the grab throw up method.

And I defeated 5 of the cpus on cruel mode with lucina's counter.

Though I have seen some interesting uses with ike's recovery move. Jump off the ledge wait for opponents to come near the edge and every few time you will catch one or two of them as his blade hits downward. (I watched someone on youtube get 10 that way easy.)

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Two KOs in Cruel Smash? Well, that's certainly a new record.

A rather lame one, though, if my GSP is of any indication... I think I'll try for 5, maybe 10...

Counter is really useful.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Remember in the Smash Direct and even E3 when Sakurai talked about how some characters like Bowser and Yoshi stood upright. We were like "Pfft, who cares?" and he talked about Shiek and we were like "Pfft, who cares"

I feel as we underestimated what stretching our backs can do. Bowser is too OP.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Remember in the Smash Direct and even E3 when Sakurai talked about how some characters like Bowser and Yoshi stood upright. We were like "Pfft, who cares?" and he talked about Shiek and we were like "Pfft, who cares"

I feel as we underestimated what stretching our backs can do. Bowser is too OP.

Wait I honestly don't get it. How come making characters stand upright makes them more powerful? Is there hitbox smaller? do they have a better reach? I always wondered about this joke. x.x

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Wait I honestly don't get it. How come making characters stand upright makes them more powerful? Is there hitbox smaller? do they have a better reach? I always wondered about this joke. x.x

Imagine Bowser, who was slow and had a large hitbox, completely make him stand upright, reducing his hitbox. PLUS he moves just as fast as Mario, with the power he had in Brawl retained.

So case in point:
    ● Smaller hitbox
    ● Faster
    ● Better Smash Attacks
    ● His Heavy character trait makes he more resilant to flinches
    ● KO Power he had retained here.

Bowser is too good for his own good now.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    How about Shulk or Lucario's counters? I feel like those last a long time.
    Those would probably work well too.

I've gotten 6 KOs in Cruel Smash (which is the most I've ever gotten in any Cruel Melee/Brawl/Smash ever) via Counter spam with Lucina. I kinda wish that Cruel Smash was a true test of skill though; it's only hard because they make the Mii Fighters do beefed up damage and boosted their launching power a lot, which just means that it's easy to die when you take a hit.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    5 KOs with Marth here. Sometimes it just feels so good to know that you CAN give some of these peeps in Cruel Smash a thrashing by using Counter.

Years
  • Super Smash Bros Mii Fighter Challenge

Challenging all Smash Bros players to fight against me using any characters including mii fighters

Friend Code:0103-9082-0505
    Availability: past 5am and 2pm UTC-7 Mountain Time

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Whelp, I beat Master Core on 6.6 with Duck Hunt on my first try, having never used the character previously. I think this says something about the character. >.>

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I just had my first Robin mirror match in For Glory. It was kinda funny how we both started the match by charging our thunder tomes.

I still came out on top though. :P

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The announcer of Smash Bros. for 3DS is doing an "Ask Me Anything" type of video regarding the game itself:

Feel free to ask him a question on his comment section if you have a youtube account.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    That's actually pretty cool. I had to look up his name to make sure he was the real voice actor lol.

Years
  • Is anyone done with all of the challenges yet?

As bad as I feel, I might leave my 3ds on for a few hours on smash...no way I have time to get 50 hours in! (That's such a lame challenge.)

I still have a few characters left to finish classic mode with.

I also need to beat classic on 9.0

Then, I need to collect things like trophies, powers, and customizations.

I think I have 7 challenges or so left to go.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Sometimes you just have to do them one thing at a time. Don't worry. (Try everything!)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I hate Yoshi with a passion. Some people are just really damn good with him online.
    The only thing I hate about Yoshi is how the CPU spams his egg throw move. I hate spammers, especially ones who spam ranged moves.

Is anyone done with all of the challenges yet?

As bad as I feel, I might leave my 3ds on for a few hours on smash...no way I have time to get 50 hours in! (That's such a lame challenge.)

I still have a few characters left to finish classic mode with.

I also need to beat classic on 9.0

Then, I need to collect things like trophies, powers, and customizations.

I think I have 7 challenges or so left to go.
    I still have a few left on panel 2 and ~2/3 left on panel 3. I'm kinda takin' my time with the challenges; I still have to beat Classic with the majority of the characters and have only beat All-Star once. Who knows when I'll get around to doing Classic on 9.0. Beating Master Core on 8.0 with Lucina was hard enough. I just kinda like fighting peoples and CPUs.

Back