• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash - who do u wanna see?

Pinta77

Are there any characters u wish would be on super smash brothers? For me it would be

(character) - (game)

Jack - Madworld
    Knuckles - sonic the hedgehog
    Kumatara - mother 3
    Duster - mother 3
    Pianta - mario sunshine
    Klonoa - empire of dreams
    Ed - fullmetal alchemist (they actually made a gba game, so maybe =)
    Umbreon - pokemon
    Espeon - Pokemon
    Blaziken - pokemon
    Snorlax - pokemon
    Plusle and Minun - pokemon
    (with pichu's powers, but they are together like ice climbers)
    Zorark - pokemon

What about you?

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
    Years
  • Kumatora Mother 3, Duster Mother 3, Flint Mother 3, Masked Man Mother 3 (we mother fans know who he is XD ) ..uh yeah I know they will not be in, it is to many characters from the same game. But I would love to see them in, Mother 3 is my favorite game of all time . :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Plusle and Minun - pokemon
    (with pichu's powers, but they are together like ice climbers)

Honestly that would be pretty amazing.

All I ask is that either Tails, Knuckles or Shadow make it into the game. ;; Providing Sonic does actually make a return.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I could see the Unova starters as Poke Ball Pokemon. I'd also like Waluigi or Daisy (Super Mario Bros. series) and Revolver Ocelot (Solid Snake series) as playable characters too.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Character that are a shoe-in:
    Lil Mac: Punch-Out!! is an important classic for Nintendo, and with Punch-Out!! Wii being a success, Lil Mac is as relevant and important as he was before. Unlike other rather demanded characters in the internet like K.Rool, he'd be more recognized by the media.

Additionally, he's a boxer, a diverse martial arts. You can go crazy with a character like Lil Mac, and since he closely resembles Mike Tyson in terms of boxing style (he's an in-fighter), it wouldn't be out of character to give him the peek-a-boo stance and devastating hooks, straights body blows, crosses and especially a monsterous right uppercut. (Which is Lil Mac's and Tyson's best moves.) They can think outside the box and give him something like a corkscrew punch, or even a flicker stance to give him more reach.
    He'd also be a realistic martial artist, which Smash lacks, and a realistic character in general. (As of now, Snake is the only one, but even he isn't guaranteed to stay.)
    Personally I would love for him to be in, since I'm a huge boxing fan. Seeing a character based on a favorite sports (next to baseball) or martial arts is a great thing for me.

Characters that could be in:
    Ridley: An important and iconic character to the Metroid series. Being the main villain, he'd obviously be the best choice for another Metroid representative. Sadly enough, his inclusion would be difficult, considering his abilities and overall body structure. I want him in because I like Metroid, and Ridley's actually a favorite of mine.
    F-Zero rep: Although Samurai Goroh is the most likely, I want a character to be based on his or her own vehicle. I would love to see Black Shadow in, while having Black Bull translated into his moveset. (Like how the arwing was translated into Fox and Falco.) Personally though, I'd want Pico, Mighty Gazelle, Bio Rex or Deathborn.
    Captain Syrup: A Wario Land rep, a pirate and a female all at once. She's a perfect choice for another Wario rep, and with Wario Land: Shake It! she isn't entirely irrelevant anymore

Characters that probably will not be in ever:
    Karate Joe: Like why not? . He'd be another martial artist. They can give him full-fledged Karate moveset and still be able to retain the wackiness and charm of the Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven/Paradise series. To add to that, he's iconic to the series, being in all three games, so he's not really too far-fetched. The other characterss from the series I can see being in is Samurai, who also has been in all three games.
    But if the series is to be represented in someway (and it most likely will), it'd be a stage with a lot of music from the games.
    Warioware rep: Kat & Ana is an easy choice. Though I really doubt we'll see any Warioware character outside of Wario him.

Now for characters that I want to STAY who got a chance to leave are Snake and Toon Link. Snake's a favorite of mine (with Wario) and Toon Link is really the only iteration of Link I like.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Ridley I can see returning as a boss in some form (or a level hazard, that would be cool... Especially if a level is based off of Metroid: Other M, with his 3 stages)

I hope (though it may never happen) that Nintendo and Microsoft can come to an agreement over Banjo-Kazooie. Seriously, these characters just fit this game, and... Ergh, may never happen.

I can see a newer Pokemon being in, well maybe to replace Lucario, don't know what though. None have really made that much of an impact in movies that could fit the game as a character...

And Eggman. If anyone from the Sonic Series is also to be added, it is most likely Tails, Knuckles or Eggman (why not Shadow, you may cry out. Easy, because he's not as iconic as these, and also he'd probably be similar to Sonic, in theory). Eggman would be sweet, though may be as a boss. Tails or Knuckles are likely.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I'd wanna see Golden Sun characters be playable:
    Like having Isaac and Saturos (Which could easily be fitted into a type of story-mode).
    Zoruark (to either be new, or replace lucario)
    Mewtwo(Needs to return and/or replace lucario)
    More Pokémon Trainers; like one from each gen? or only the best ones like Red/Lance.
    Megaman (He so needs to be in it, he could use some of Samus Suit's move set)
    Tails and Knuckles (Not enough sonic characters)
    Tingle (From zelda, because who doesn't love him?)
    Skull Kid (His final smash could be Majora's Moon?)

There's more i want, I just don't wanna go on, and i can't remember.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My number one gripe with Brawl is that Megaman isn't in it. Why the hell not? He should have been in the series since Melee, honestly. So Megaman is my number one for this. I'd also like Amaterasu to appear. Please Capcom?!

As for adding more Sonic characters to the franchise, I'd really like it to be Knuckles. I mean, look at him. He has spikes on his fists. He's ready for this, seriously. I love Tails, but bleh...I think we could use Knuckles in SSB instead. I wouldn't mind Shadow either.

YARN KIRBY!! I would love for Yarn Kirby from Epic Yarn to be in the game. Unlike most same franchise characters, regular Kirby and Yarn Kirby play much differently, and if you're played Epic Yarn and...almost any other Kirby game, then you'll know what I mean. So it wouldn't be like a clone character, like the Star Fox characters in the game.

I'd also like to play as a Nintendog. It's not enough for them to just appear on the screen. I wanna BE a puppy. But that would mean...you beat up puppies. So...I guess that's why it's not already there? But instead of palette swaps, it'd be a breed swap. So dalmatian, Yorkie, husky, etc. Like I said though, beating up puppies...probably isn't in their best interest lol.

Oh. And if we're gonna have freaking R.O.B. in Brawl, let's at least have a Power Glove. Or replace Master Hand with the Power Glove. After all, it's SO bad.

I'd like for Girahim to replace Ganondorf. I loved abusing Ganondorf in Melee, but I can't seem to do it in Brawl. Besides, Girahim...idk he looks like he belongs in SSB, moreso than he belongs in a Zelda game, if that makes sense.

Lucario should be replaced with Victini. Duh.

Kumatora Mother 3, Duster Mother 3, Flint Mother 3, Masked Man Mother 3 (we mother fans know who he is XD ) ..uh yeah I know they will not be in, it is to many characters from the same game. But I would love to see them in, Mother 3 is my favorite game of all time .

As much as I love Mother 3, I don't think we need every character under the sun from that game. With that many Mother 3 characters, we'd be better off having a Mother smash series on its own. I do think Lucas should stay though. Because Lucas is awesome. I agree with Masked Man as well, but at the same time, I wouldn't want the ending to SOMEHOW be given away. It's just a game you really, really don't wanna be spoiled about, like I was. But anyway though, if they were to add another character from the series, I don't even think it'd be someone from Mother 3. It'd probably be Ninten, but then we'd have 3 clone characters. Lucas and Ness are already similar enough, and we don't need a Star Fox problem.

That being said, we need to take a Star Fox character out. They all play the same, honestly. Scrap Wolf or Falco. Sorry, but...they're practically carbon copies. Oh, and bring Roy back. Pwease.

Last edited:

Genghoul

Composer & Aspiring ROM Hacker
    Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    Well considering Sakurai's been saying that the roster for the next Smash Bros won't be much bigger than Brawl's if bigger at all, I definitely think for the most part we'll see the removal of some clones, and newer incarnations of current characters. Also, I don't think we'll see Snake or Sonic again, possibly replaced with other third party characters like Megaman.

So I think Ike will be replaced by whoever the protagonist of Fire Emblem Awakening is, Pokemon Trainer will have different Pokemon, Ganondorf will be replaced by either Ghirahim or Demise, Wolf will be gone, Lucario will be replaced by Zoroark, Toon Link will be removed, ROB will be removed, Olimar replaced by one of the new characters in Pikmin 3, and either Lucas or Ness will go.

Predictions aside, I think it would be really cool to see Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western, not just because I loved the game but because I can see him having an awesome moveset. And if the rumors are true and Nintendo is buying back Rare (although I doubt it) I'd love to see Banjo and Kazooie make an appearance.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • Characters I wanna see in the next Super Smash Bros.:

Zoroark - Pokemon (to replace Lucario)

Sora - Kingdom Hearts (with the addition of Dream Drop Distance, there are now four KH games on Nintendo systems, while there's only three on Playstation systems)

Amaterasu - Okami

Cloud - Final Fantasy VII (Okay, I don't think he'll actually be in it, but that would be so freakin cool)

A redone Pokemon Trainer, where the color settings change from Red w/ Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, to Gold w/ Typhlosion, Bayleef, Totdile, to May/Brennan w/ Blaziken, Grovyle, Mudkip, to Lucas/Dawn w/ Torterra, Monferno, Piplup, and to Black/White, w/ Samurott, Servine, Tepig.

Shadow - Sonic the Hedgehog

Knuckles - Sonic the Hedgehog

The new protagonists of Pikmin 3

Death - Darksiders II (since the game will be released for Wii U, it'd be awesome to see him replace Snake, but again I doubt he'll make an apearance)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Ganondorf will be replaced by either Ghirahim or Demise, Wolf will be gone, Lucario will be replaced by Zoroark, Toon Link will be removed, ROB will be removed, Olimar replaced by one of the new characters in Pikmin 3, and either Lucas or Ness will go.

I doubt Ganondorf will ever be replaced, he is THE icon of evil from the Zelda series. To be honest, I even forgot who Ghirahim is for a second there. Zelda still transforms into Sheik despite only having 1 appearance, so Ganondorf will probably stay.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well considering Sakurai's been saying that the roster for the next Smash Bros won't be much bigger than Brawl's if bigger at all, I definitely think for the most part we'll see the removal of some clones, and newer incarnations of current characters. Also, I don't think we'll see Snake or Sonic again, possibly replaced with other third party characters like Megaman.

So I think Ike will be replaced by whoever the protagonist of Fire Emblem Awakening is, Pokemon Trainer will have different Pokemon, Ganondorf will be replaced by either Ghirahim or Demise, Wolf will be gone, Lucario will be replaced by Zoroark, Toon Link will be removed, ROB will be removed, Olimar replaced by one of the new characters in Pikmin 3, and either Lucas or Ness will go.

I can see Snake going, but not Sonic. Sonic just seems too iconic. That'd be like removing Ness instead of Lucas. As much as I'd love Lucas to stay in over Ness, most American players have, or had since Brawl's been out so long, no idea who Lucas is, and at least Ness is more iconic to the Mother/Earthbound series. Since that was the only game in the series to get an international release, I can see him staying over Lucas...sadly. Sob sob. I'd be very glad if they removed Wolf or Falco. Two clone characters is pushing it enough, but three...ugh. And yeah, I can see Toon Link being removed as well as R.O.B.

Sora - Kingdom Hearts (with the addition of Dream Drop Distance, there are now four KH games on Nintendo systems, while there's only three on Playstation systems)

Although that'd be neat, I don't think Nintendo own the rights to him. Plus, the most popular Kingdom Hearts games are on Sony consoles. The main games are both on the PS2 and there are numerous side games on Nintendo handheld consoles, which idk...if Sony were to have a fighting game series, then I can see Sora in that, but not Nintendo's. Sora just doesn't scream "I belong in a Nintendo fighting game" to me. Though one could say that about Snake now, really...or you could feel asleep. zzz.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm wondering why is everyone expecting (or wanting, rather) another Sonic character? The only character from the series that I can see being included is Dr. Eggman (Brawl IS the only game where Sonic is in without any appearance from Eggman.), but he'd be hard to implement. Honestly, other first party series like Kid Icarus, Metroid, Yoshi's Island and F-Zero should get a second rep before a 3rd party series would.

And does anyone really want Mega Man in? I mean, people requested him in Street Fighter x Tekken and this is what they got:
    character_megaman.jpg

So better off being specific about which iteration of Mega Man (Classic, X, .EXE, Star Force, etc) you want lol. Though with the new Dante being in over classic Dante in Playstation All-Stars (which is pretty hilarious and I love it.), we'll probably get the newest iteration of Megaman should we get another game. (Capcom IS planning something for the anniversary.)

Another thing: Why do people want to replace Lucario? It's not like he replaced Mewtwo. (If anything, Sonic replaced Roy and Mewtwo together, not Ike or Lucario.)

Although that'd be neat, I don't think Nintendo own the rights to him. Plus, the most popular Kingdom Hearts games are on Sony consoles. The main games are both on the PS2 and there are numerous side games on Nintendo handheld consoles, which idk...if Sony were to have a fighting game series, then I can see Sora in that, but not Nintendo's. Sora just doesn't scream "I belong in a Nintendo fighting game" to me. Though one could say that about Snake now, really...or you could feel asleep. zzz.
    It's funny how you say that, because there is a sony fighting game that is actually inspired by Smash Bros. What's funnier is that Sora and Snake aren't in, since most of the roster is leaked and Raiden is the MGS (or MGR, whatever) representative while Lightning is hinted to be the character for Square Enix.
    Sora is no way gonna be in Smash, but Snake has a chance to stay. He has two games, while remakes, on Nintendo systems, and one that is an exclusive. He's pretty popular in Brawl too.

Also remove R.O.B? nawwwwwww

Megaman3007

MTF FTW :)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    If this rumor about Retro meets modern is true I really like the idea tbh. Old school style for 3DS and modern day for Wii U would be really fun and interesting.

I'd love to see Miyamoto in the game as weird as that is. Ghriham OMG YES! and switch Zelda to her Skyward Sword form.

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
    Years
  • I can see Snake going, but not Sonic. Sonic just seems too iconic.

Too iconic? Really? He's been one of nintendo's biggest rival for a lot of years before coming to the gamecube. Personally, I think neither of them are iconic to Nintendo, but that doesn't mean I don't want them to be in the next game.

I'm wondering why is everyone expecting (or wanting, rather) another Sonic character? The only character from the series that I can see being included is Dr. Eggman

The sonic serie is horribly popular (yes, horribly. Sometimes it gets overrated IMO), so naturally, people want to have other characters playable in the next game. All of you people who want Shadow... what the hell? You keep complaining about Starfox characters being clones, are you expecting Shadow to be really different from Sonic? That's why I agree with you for Eggman, at least he would be a whole lot different. Or at least Knuckles. Or Tails. But not Shadow.

As for the characters I'd like to see...

-Geno from Mario RPG (Likely to never be in, but eh)
    -Having a choice in the pokemon trainers (a trio of starter for each region) would be nice
    -Luigi in Luigi Mansion form (could be like the water thing from Mario sunshine)
    -Paper Mario (why not?)

Pinta77

Whoah! Lots of answers. Masked man would be pretty cool.

Someone said add kumatara flint duster & masked man, but it probably wouldnt happen because it's too many characters from one game. I disagree with nintendo on this. They should add as many characters as they can from all the games they can. This way we would never get bored.

Also, i just beat mad world and i learned that the Black Baron actually plays a role in the game. Black Baron would be cool for super smash, but i dont think they would add him because of the name.

Yarn Kirby would be awesome to!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Too iconic? Really? He's been one of nintendo's biggest rival for a lot of years before coming to the gamecube. Personally, I think neither of them are iconic to Nintendo, but that doesn't mean I don't want them to be in the next game.

I didn't necessarily mean iconic to Nintendo. Though I don't think he'll be getting replaced, especially by another Sonic character. But since they like adding in characters that play the same (Link and Toon Link, Ness and Lucas, etc) it's possible we might see another Sonic character. Though considering it's third party now, it's probably less likely.

Someone said add kumatara flint duster & masked man, but it probably wouldnt happen because it's too many characters from one game. I disagree with nintendo on this. They should add as many characters as they can from all the games they can. This way we would never get bored.

I've already addressed this, but it's evident with the Star Fox characters in that more characters from the same series doesn't make it better. It might be nice to play as Wolf if you like him more than Fox, but they play the same basically. This is even true for Lucas, who I prefer over Ness. But who has been there longer? Who's more recognizable? Ness. So Lucas would probably get scrapped over him, as much as I'd hate it. But it would be awfully redundant to have same series characters all over the place, even if they do play differently.

I should sleep...this probably made no sense.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
  • Yeah, Mewtwo needs to get back in. He was my secondary in Melee (shiek main ftw)

For new characters, Liquid Ocelot/Snake, either would be good, as long as they arent a clone of Snake.

Make lucas a non clone....>_>

Grey Fox or Raiden, to have a bit more sword fighters.

Other than that, just fix all of the clones. I know characters like Falco are hard to make new movesets for, but seriously. Hes basically Fox with a slightly different gun and shield.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Lyn/Hector - Get rid of Marth and include one of these two. They would be much more interesting than Marth as he's just another sword character and not even one of the more interesting sword characters or was that Ike?

Red Mage - The Red Mage is one of the most iconic characters in the FF series(after BM, WM and Chocobo), he/she can wield swords and use basic magic spells. Seems like a very balanced character for Smash. He/she could slash the enemies with a sword and cast something like a blizzard spell which would be perfectly tame in the game unlike other spells the other mages are capable of using like Flare or Holy. The Red Mage has appeared as a playable character on more Nintendo games than that of any other gaming company. Also it would be nice to have a character that was actually in Final Fantasy representing the game. Seriously who is that guy from Dissidia and Theatrythm? He's on the newer Final Fantasy title logos and he appears in the intro video of FF: Origins but he has never appeared in any version of Final Fantasy. Also in the original Final Fantasy the Red Mage was pretty much the best choice of character, making him/her totally the best option for a FF character in Smash.

Any character from Golden Sun - Anyone would agree that this series is one of the best Nintendo RPGs if not the best, so why is no character from the series in Smash but yet they choose to include Wolf when we already have Fox and Falco? I don't even care which Golden Sun character they choose, even if it's someone like Garet's little sister or one of those barbarians Jenna plows through at the start of the Lost Age.

Characters that could be in:
    Ridley: An important and iconic character to the Metroid series. Being the main villain, he'd obviously be the best choice for another Metroid representative. Sadly enough, his inclusion would be difficult, considering his abilities and overall body structure. I want him in because I like Metroid, and Ridley's actually a favorite of mine.

He is two bosses in subspace. I think he's already had a good inclusion into the series and retaining him as a boss should be good enough.

Danny Leo

The Best There Is!
    Years
  • I know it's probably not gonna happen. But I REALLY wanna see Banjo-Kazooie in the next Smash Bros. I can dream, can't I? :I

Back