• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash - who do u wanna see?

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
  • Sora - Kingdom Hearts (with the addition of Dream Drop Distance, there are now four KH games on Nintendo systems, while there's only three on Playstation systems)

I like the Sora idea, I may also add Riku also. But there is four KH games on Playstation. (KHBBS, KH1, KH2, KHRe:CoM).

Xemnas & Ansem
    Roxas & Axel

^ I'd love for them to be on there as well.

Neku & Shiki - The World Ends with You (NDS) - I'd love to see them in here too, and its on a Nintendo System
    Beat & Rhyme - Same as above

Since Namco Bandai is going to be apart of the project, I'd like to see some Tales Series characters.

Asbel & Sophie - Tales of Graces (Wii) - Game was originally on the Wii and then it got a Upgrade port to the PS3.

Luke & Tear - Tales of the Abyss (3DS) - game got re-release in the 3DS

Lloyd & Colette- Tales of Symphonia (GBC) - Originally on Gamecube.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It's never going to happen, but I so want Spyro the Dragon (from the eponymous series) to be a character in the next Super Smash Bros entry. My gaming experiences are very limited, so that's honestly the only possible character I can think of (well, maybe Crash Bandicoot, but that's even less likely, to be honest), and I know it'll never happen, but it'll tickle my heart if he's in the next one!

Years
  • I'm pretty tired of seeing all the pokemon in the roster honestly...*shot*

But I'd like to see some Metroid characters & Classic Rock/Megaman seeing as I was hoping for him in MVC3/UMVC3

Shdwj

Excuse me?
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2016

Since Namco Bandai is going to be apart of the project, I'd like to see some Tales Series characters.

Asbel & Sophie - Tales of Graces (Wii) - Game was originally on the Wii and then it got a Upgrade port to the PS3.

Luke & Tear - Tales of the Abyss (3DS) - game got re-release in the 3DS

Lloyd & Colette- Tales of Symphonia (GBC) - Originally on Gamecube.

I'll go ahead and second this. :> While Namco's participation in the production of this game doesn't necessarily guarantee that any Namco character will make an appearance in this game, one can certainly hope. :3 I'd also like to see Kratos and Jade...

Years
  • First my scrap list:
    Olimar-Doesn't offer anything as a fighter, doesn't fit the series.
    Falco and Wolf-If its only a slightly bigger roster then both need to go, fox is the star, there needs to be a star fox charecter who is different to Fox.
    Lucario-He's not new anymore, needs to be replaced with a gen 5 poke.
    Toon Link- I like him but no more clones
    ROB-Another who's face doesn't fit I'm afraid.
    Ike-Same as Lucario.

Potential Scrapee's
    Lucas-Depends how tight for space they are.
    Snake and Sonic-Depends on perrmissions, I'd like to see them back.

Things I wan scrapped but won't be
    Ice Climbers
    Jigglypuff
    Mr Game and Watch
    These three are awful to play as and I do not enjoy them, but noone from Melee will be scrapped without a carbon copied replacement *le sigh*

Minor Edits
    Pokemon Trainer-To keep him current, give him the monkeys or the unova starters.
    Zelda charecters-to Skyward sword look.

New guys (and who they replace)
    Meloetta (replaces Lucario)-Right, I've seen Victini and Zoroark suggested to replace Lucario but not this diva ? You can switch forme's like zelda and sheik, which completly changes your style from a defensive ranged character to a fast strong character.
    Yarn Kirby (Replaces Olimar/Sonic)-Yarn Kirby is like paper mario, different skill set, no sucky changy, but yarn attacks. Would be different and unique.
    Newest Hero from Fire Emblem (for Ike)-Cause they always keep Marth and swap out the other.
    Ghirahim(Replaces Toon Link)-Why not two vilians ? Ganondorf is a slow powerhouse, this guy is faster and could be ranged ? Or like link but with differences, like Luigi and Mario are similar.
    Little Mac(Replaces ROB/Snake)-Current and very suited for the series.
    Waluigi(Replaces Falco/Wolf/Lucas)-Having a Wario-Luigi cross would be great and they could do very interesting moves for him.
    Paper Mario(Replaces Flaco/Wolf/Lucas)-Different again to mario, would be lighter, no fire, slowest fall speed, hammer would be an attack and then sticker star would provide him with some new powers ! Final Smash could be a heap of paper mario characters bombarding the screen.

Hope someone somewhere read that essay :P

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I could see the Unova starters as Poke Ball Pokemon. I'd also like Waluigi or Daisy (Super Mario Bros. series) and Revolver Ocelot (Solid Snake series) as playable characters too.
    Missed this. As much as I hate suggesting 3rd part characters, Revolver Ocelot would actually be a potentially very interesting character, whether they base him on his older, more iconic version (MGS1, 2 and 4) or younger, stylish version (MGS3 and PO). He's also the only MGS character to appear in all 4 MGS games. (Peace Walker is the ONLY game where he hasn't appeared.)

Another MGS character that I actually want is Big Boss/Naked Snake, but Solid Snake in Brawl is already a mix of both characters so I don't see any reason to add him in.

Honestly MGS has a good variety of characters that would fit really well in a fighting game. From cyborg assassins like Gray Fox and MGS4/MGR Raiden to maniacs with interesting abilities like Colonel Volgin and Psycho Mantis. (10 million volts charge aka whats a pikachu and mind reading needing to change to player 2 to beat? yes please) But Smash really is fine with just Solid Snake, as long as they keep him, and they should now that he's absent in Sony's game. If he gets kicked out for someone like Mega Man though I'm gonna pissed.

First my scrap list:
    Olimar-Doesn't offer anything as a fighter, doesn't fit the series.
    Falco and Wolf-If its only a slightly bigger roster then both need to go, fox is the star, there needs to be a star fox charecter who is different to Fox.
    Lucario-He's not new anymore, needs to be replaced with a gen 5 poke.
    Toon Link- I like him but no more clones
    ROB-Another who's face doesn't fit I'm afraid.
    Ike-Same as Lucario.
    @Olimar and Rob: Super Smash Bros is a mascot fighter for NINTENDO that has Mario whose moveset is inspired by ANOTHER FIGHTING CHARACTER (Ryu from Street Fighter) and Olimar and Rob "don't fit"? The game that has Kirby and Pikachu? Unless you mean "they don't fight", then you're wrong. Plus they're unique, and offer great diversity to the roster. If you don't like them, that's fine, but don't use weak arguments against them.

Lucario and Ike aren't new anymore? What the hell? Yeah might as well remove Pikachu, Jiggly and Marth then. At least Lucario and Ike appeared in the latest game in their respective series, and are too popular characters to remove if you wanna go with that argument.

And Wolf isn't really a clone neither is Falco, aside from their specials and final smash. Does anyone even use any moves aside from those anyway? Falco and Wolf got completely different tilts, smash, aerial attacks and properties than Fox. They're different enough to stay.

Things I wan scrapped but won't be
    Ice Climbers
    Jigglypuff
    Mr Game and Watch
    These three are awful to play as and I do not enjoy them, but noone from Melee will be scrapped without a carbon copied replacement *le sigh*
    What exactly is awful about them? Nothing. Not only are they unique and diverse, but they're good characters. (Not in Brawl for Jiggly and Melee for G&W though.) Just because you find them awkward to use (personally they came out natural to me but I play fighting games a lot so eh), doesn't mean they are awful characters.
    You know who always have been awful though? Link and Samus. Don't care about Link but it's a huge shame for Samus.

New guys (and who they replace)
    Meloetta (replaces Lucario)-Right, I've seen Victini and Zoroark suggested to replace Lucario but not this diva ? You can switch forme's like zelda and sheik, which completly changes your style from a defensive ranged character to a fast strong character.

Newest Hero from Fire Emblem (for Ike)-Cause they always keep Marth and swap out the other.
    You know what happens when you replace an overrated and iconic Pokemon for an event one that you can't even get yet and is severely hated? A lot of backlash.

"Always"? It only happened once, and Roy WAS intended for Brawl but they scrapped him AND Mewtwo to develop Sonic since they got permission to add him late in the game's development. Also the newest hero is Ike's son, so what's the point of putting him in? Ike is in the game anyway.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Knuckles, I mean, if Sonic's in it, and if you look at Knuckles, it just looks like he's made for just a brawl in general. Looking at all the other suggestions, I think we definitely have enough Pokemon, we don't need like 10. The Pokemon trainer, Lucario, Pikachu, Jigglypuff... imo I think they really should only have Pokemon Trainer & Pikachu, not overwhelming everyone else. Spyro would be pretty cool, if they used his design from Skylanders like they used Pit's from Uprising and Link's from Twilight Princess (or was it the other way around?). Ghirahim! Definitely. He could replace Ganondorf or.. idk he's just so cool and he could use his sword/magic as basic and for his final smash (skyward sword SPOILERS: his pre-final boss indestructable form). Also, Isaac! From Golden Sun, the franchise needs some more love. They've also been around since the Gameboy, so it's not like they're new or anything.

I think the characters they have now are pretty diverse (except Jigglypuff being inflatable like Kirby, and it's not too much of a popular Pokemon anyway lol) I haven't fully used all of them yet so I can't really say for all of them but stillll

Years
  • @Olimar and Rob: Super Smash Bros is a mascot fighter for NINTENDO that has Mario whose moveset is inspired by ANOTHER FIGHTING CHARACTER (Ryu from Street Fighter) and Olimar and Rob "don't fit"? The game that has Kirby and Pikachu? Unless you mean "they don't fight", then you're wrong. Plus they're unique, and offer great diversity to the roster. If you don't like them, that's fine, but don't use weak arguments against them.
    I'm having an opinion, in my opinion they do not fit. I like using ROB, he is one of my favorites, I just feel Nintendo will use characters a lot more marketable (in ROB's case) or more naturally suited to fighting games ((in Olimar's case.)Though you may disagree).

Lucario and Ike aren't new anymore? What the hell? Yeah might as well remove Pikachu, Jiggly and Marth then. At least Lucario and Ike appeared in the latest game in their respective series, and are too popular characters to remove if you wanna go with that argument.

And marketing new brands, new games, using things like SSB is what nintendo do. Nothing against the characters,(yet again I do enjoy these 2) but B/W is what nintendo are gonna push, using a 5th Gen Poke. I presumed that Ike was nowhere near the most recent Fire Emblem, I may be wrong as I am trying to play the series from the beginning, so am nowhere near Ike section.

And Wolf isn't really a clone neither is Falco, aside from their specials and final smash. Does anyone even use any moves aside from those anyway? Falco and Wolf got completely different tilts, smash, aerial attacks and properties than Fox. They're different enough to stay.

Yet again I disagree (and am not the first be reading this thread). When playing with a character it needs to feel somewhat unique to the game, I don't get that with Falco or Wolf. You talk more like a hardcore SSB man (which I am not) so you go from a different stand point to me who plays it a casual perspective.

What exactly is awful about them? Nothing. Not only are they unique and diverse, but they're good characters. (Not in Brawl for Jiggly and Melee for G&W though.) Just because you find them awkward to use (personally they came out natural to me but I play fighting games a lot so eh), doesn't mean they are awful characters.
    You know who always have been awful though? Link and Samus. Don't care about Link but it's a huge shame for Samus.

I enjoy Link and Samus. You are right, in my opinion they are awful and difficult to control. In my opinion. But I am aware all 3 have a solid SSB fan base (jigglypuff especially). Hence why I said they won't go but I would like them to go to be replaced by more natural fighting characters.

You know what happens when you replace an overrated and iconic Pokemon for an event one that you can't even get yet and is severely hated? A lot of backlash.

When was Lucario iconic ? I know its a fan fave but not really iconic. If you look at what gen 5 offers to replace Lucario you really only get Zoroark, Meloetta, Victini and you could perhaps push to Genesect. SSB4 isn't out yet, so that removes your unreleased point. I've never heard anyone bash Meloetta the poke, I've heard the gimmic bashed but its a gimmic that lends itself to SSB, in my opinion. And being featured in a game like this may make more people like Meloetta, it may not.

"Always"? It only happened once, and Roy WAS intended for Brawl but they scrapped him AND Mewtwo to develop Sonic since they got permission to add him late in the game's development. Also the newest hero is Ike's son, so what's the point of putting him in? Ike is in the game anyway.

Firstly thanks for spoilers -_- (I joke). Secondly ,its a trend now established though, upgrade whats there. Make it more marketable for todays games. Like I said I didn't know that about Ike, so yeah I'd keep him.
    Despite the fact we disagreed on pretty much everything I posted it was nice to get a good response to respond too and I value your opinion.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • When was Lucario iconic ? I know its a fan fave but not really iconic.

Iconic to generation IV, in a sense. Lucario was the poster child of generation IV and is probably the most overrated, imo, Pokemon introduced that generation. So, in that sense, he is pretty iconic to the Pokemon franchise. Meloetta, however, is not iconic to its generation like Lucario is. It's not as well known like Lucario, Pikachu, Mewtwo, etc. If we were to have an iconic gen V Pokemon appear next, it would probably be anything but Meloetta. Something such as Zoroark, Victini, or a gen V starter.

I just feel Nintendo will use characters a lot more marketable (in ROB's case) or more naturally suited to fighting games ((in Olimar's case.)Though you may disagree).

I don't really agree with this really. I think it's awesome to see Nintendo characters in SSB that aren't intended for fighting. Cause then when you see them in SSB it's like, "Really? This guy? lol..." and you end up getting your ass handed to you by them or you end up really enjoying playing as them. It's a nice surprise element that the "obvious fighters" don't have. I love beating everyone with Ice Climbers, for example. It's hilarious. But that's just imo! :)

Years
  • Iconic to generation IV, in a sense. Lucario was the poster child of generation IV and is probably the most overrated, imo, Pokemon introduced that generation. So, in that sense, he is pretty iconic to the Pokemon franchise. Meloetta, however, is not iconic to its generation like Lucario is. It's not as well known like Lucario, Pikachu, Mewtwo, etc. If we were to have an iconic gen V Pokemon appear next, it would probably be anything but Meloetta. Something such as Zoroark, Victini, or a gen V starter.

Ah okay, that makes more sense that just stating he was iconic. I do agree Zoroark or Victini are more logical replacements, I just thought Meloetta's gimmic is easily applied to SSB. I can't picture Zoroark on there, or Vcitini. Maybe Emboar, but I think Pokemon Trainer will proberley have Emboar, Snivy and Dewott (or switch Snivy for Servine and Dewott for Oshawott.)

I don't really agree with this really. I think it's awesome to see Nintendo characters in SSB that aren't intended for fighting. Cause then when you see them in SSB it's like, "Really? This guy? lol..." and you end up getting your ass handed to you by them or you end up really enjoying playing as them. It's a nice surprise element that the "obvious fighters" don't have. I love beating everyone with Ice Climbers, for example. It's hilarious. But that's just imo! :)
    I do understand that point of view, I mean I get that with Pikachu where I'm doubted then BOOM! Thunder to the face. You just never hear of the massive Olimar SSB fanbase, plus he isn't in Pikmin 3 (so far) so they may just 'upgrade' him to one of the 4 pikmin 3 characters if the keep a pikmin rep in, which ,in hindsight to my initial post, is pretty likely.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • Characters that need to be added in?
    Sora: Yes, it has been mentioned before, and I'll mention him again. We need a Sora! As for Riku, I think that he'd be better as an assist trophy :/ Because, otherwise, we'd probably get a clone character with slight differences(or like Falco to Fox, but still...)[Kingdom Hearts]

Isaac: Yes. This guy has been begging to be in a Smash game, and I could easily see him making it! [Golden Sun]

Shadow OR Tails: One or the other. We don't need three Sonic characters :c [Sonic the hedgehog]

Pokemon Trainer II: A female pokemon trainer using pokemon from a different gen. (GEN II most likely)

Assist Trophise that should be added:
    Riku(see above)
    Knuckles[or Shadow/Tails depending which doesn't make the cut]
    Neku Sakuraba[TWEWY]

The Scrap List:
    Wolf(We have Fox and Falco)
    Ganondorf
    Lucas
    Toon Link(I like him...but...I don't think he should return)
    Lucario(Replace with Zoroark like he replaced Mewtwo)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I really liked Wolf for his character, but I was kinda disappointed that they put him in and not Krystal, simply because she has more potential. She could be a hybrid of using her staff for melee combat and magic for more far ranged- similar to Zelda I guess but maybe a bit more emphasis on melee. I also imagine her to be quite nimble too, like the other Star Fox characters. I would like to see Falco stay in, simply because he's been there since Melee (and he is relatively different to Fox now anyway.)

For Pokemon, I'd love to see Blaziken in but I doubt that's gonna happen. I can see Lucario being replaced with Zoroark, just because both of them are pretty similar. I imagine his illusion ability could be similar to Kirby, but if I'm honest, I haven't exactly thought through his move set yet. XD Maybe they could finally add in Plusle/Minun too, considering there were hints that they were gonna appear in Brawl. Or maybe they'll put in Emolga; it's quite a mystery. I do think Emolga could have a pretty cool moveset involving hovering. :D Maybe a lot of aerial attacks?

I agree with the combats that Debbie... I mean, Girahim should appear in the game as a playable character, either to replace or appear alongside Ganondorf. If not, maybe Demise could appear? Adding onto this, I assume Link and Zelda will be their respective Skyward Sword iterations. If Girahim/Demise appears alongside Ganondorf, I assume they'll scrap Toon Link. :\

As for brand new characters, as it's already been mentioned, I believe Megaman could fit in easily. I mean, if Snake can be a playable character, Megaman would be perfect since his design seems perfect for the SSB series in my opinion, and it shouldn't be too hard to come up for a moveset for him (although I can see some of his moves being quite similar to Samus'.)

That's it for now. I'll edit this post if I think of anything else. :D

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Okay I understand a Star Fox character has to be taken out by everyone else's post. But if that's the case, Krystal needs to replace that character. Yes, she may have a similar move or two, but can you think about what her Staff from Star Fox Adventures could do? She would be in no way similar to the other 2 or 3. Not to mention her speed would be great to abuse! I, for one, am very disappointed in Wolf, as a big Star Fox fan myself. I would do anything to have Krystal replace him.

With that being said, I also want to point out to those who think the Star Fox characters are way too identical...what about Link & Toon Link...They are practically the Fox & Falco of The Legend of Zelda characters here.

Back