• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Supporter group userbars

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    ...uh, pedantics aside (seriously guys @_@) supporters have been told that this is going to happen for ages now (maybe up to a year even?) and nothing's been done so they're well overdue new rank images at this point.

The functionality to switch between images and text is built-in already (as is the option to hide them altogether) so we won't have any additional ugly toggles / settings / etc. It's just up to someone making the images, uploading them, and updating that plugin's code. There's no real reason not to have them when they've been coming for ages, some people clearly want them, and the implementation is mostly already there.
    Agree with the first point, but in general I'm of the opinion that supporters don't need userbars. I'm also of the opinion that staff don't need userbars. I realize some see it as a way to differentiate between normal users, but a bold username with a different color that stands out is honestly enough for most people to realize that that particular user is "special" or something.

Years
  • Agree with the first point, but in general I'm of the opinion that supporters don't need userbars. I'm also of the opinion that staff don't need userbars. I realize some see it as a way to differentiate between normal users, but a bold username with a different color that stands out is honestly enough for most people to realize that that particular user is "special" or something.

What about when new users join? They may not notice that the different formatting of moderators indicate they're staff when supporters also have special formatting. There's also the matter of colourblindness, although I'm not going to pretend like I know enough about that to go into more detail.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • What about when new users join? They may not notice that the different formatting of moderators indicate they're staff when supporters also have special formatting. There's also the matter of colourblindness, although I'm not going to pretend like I know enough about that to go into more detail.

Don't worry I'm colourblind and these images are fine

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Okay don't kill me but I don't think supporters need rank images. I realize a handful of people want them for the aesthetics and fancy look but practically/functionally they shouldn't be there. Staff have them to help differentiate us between regular members so that when someone needs help or a mod is enforcing a rule, they get recognized as staff. Supporters using the same style to be recognized seems to blur the line too much to me.

If we're going to use rank images again for supporters, I think we should put them on every member. Supporters aren't a "rank", they're a type of regular user. So if we're playing the game of identifying what type of user they are, we should make a generic gray version and have it say "Member" on everyone. Which... would probably be cluttery and ugly, but I'd still rather that than have all supporters and staff have rank images and nobody else.

I completely agree with Ausaudriel here they were actually kinda annoying to me and they were quite blurry. And about the supporters being ranked i agree completely everyones a user a mod or an admin and supporters are just regular members who donated money so if we did create them again which i am completely opposed to atleast everyone should have them i rememeber thinking to myself why dont i have in one of those? Although i am a supporter the supporters probably have enough rewards for donating already right?

As for spherical ice i honestly dont know its kinda easily known from the bold and as long as its on the profile somewhere you can tell.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Honestly? I liked the text better. Is there anyway we can have an option to turn this off? I don't really like how the "crystal" overlaps my user title for one thing. I tried to do it in the options, but I don't know if I got the right one where it asks if you want to show text or images I guess...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • The option to switch to text is coming.

Also, can I get a screenshot of what you see? It doesn't overlap your user title from my view.

Eh... I was too lazy to do an entire screenshot because it takes me so long, so I took a picture of it with my phone. I'm also using Garchompin' in case the them might matter as well.

Spoiler:

Spoilered because the image is big

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Props to the renaming of Steve to Founder, no more of that Site/Staff admin confusion >_>

I have to agree with flight and concur the platinum bar is really smooshed. Could they be given more girth, possibly the same as staff bars?

Also I dunno if y'all have seen this but a few members are all multi-tiered somehow... Kokoro is both Gold and silver, and I saw another one who was a gold gold supporter. If it turns out that this is a feature and NOT a bug I'd love to have all the tiers as CS kthx

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • NEW PROBLEM: SMOD userbars are broken on Y-Axis.

I don't think that I need to make a thread for this issue.
    When you guys go to fix it don't forget Cowrie's green super duper mod bar ok :)

Also I thought I should mention shenanigans has like a no-man's group with a crystal CS
    dunno if that's intended, it looks weird

Years
  • So it appears we have new userbars in the legacy postbit only... maybe a bit of Audy magic can finally help them appear in standard postbit as well. They do look nice if I say so myself (I'm testing legacy at the moment just to see them).

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    So it appears we have new userbars in the legacy postbit only... maybe a bit of Audy magic can finally help them appear in standard postbit as well. They do look nice if I say so myself (I'm testing legacy at the moment just to see them).

You sure? Looks fine to me.

Also ayy, I have two BSS userbars. Ego's inflating to the size of Russia, please fix. :D

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Am I one of the only people who are loving the new bar. I think people aren't really liking it because they didn't get used to it. Get used to it and everything will be fine. It's better than the plain boring text in my opinion. Plus, I feel special. I do feel we should change the username design, if we change the userbar design.

Years
  • You sure? Looks fine to me.

Also ayy, I have two BSS userbars. Ego's inflating to the size of Russia, please fix. :D

Oh wait they fixed it for standard as well. But yeah I have seen issues with some members having a doubling up of the same userbar like in your case, because I think I saw a Crystal supporter having theirs doubled over.

Years
  • Am I one of the only people who are loving the new bar. I think people aren't really liking it because they didn't get used to it. Get used to it and everything will be fine. It's better than the plain boring text in my opinion. Plus, I feel special. I do feel we should change the username design, if we change the userbar design.
    Na I actually do like the change as well. It feels... modern like I feel like just text is old school in a way. I was never here for the old bar or whatever it used to be so I have nothing to compare this with, but I like it. The best thing about it is that now I don't have to really guess who's a mod and who isn't. That was so confusing.

Years
  • If Harry is supposed to be a hidden admin, he isn't really that well hidden...

I can tell you, he's not the only one affected by that weird thing. It's something to do with those supporters who are formatting their name as a regular user.

Also, you may have noticed how supporter userbars are significantly shorter in length compared to the staff (including BSS). I think it's to like make staff look more important, since supporters aren't that much different from the average member aside from some extra stuff.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wow, this looks much better than the old rank images really. I'm going to start keeping them enabled again!

But why is the mod bar so long lol. Is it because I mod two forums? O.o

Years
  • Wow, this looks much better than the old rank images really. I'm going to start keeping them enabled again!

I think the reason behind the staff members' userbars being longer than supporters is to signify the importance of the role, whereas aside from a few extra gimmicks supporters don't have much to distinguish from the basic members.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Wow, this looks much better than the old rank images really. I'm going to start keeping them enabled again!

it shows how much you're awesome ;3

edit: gdi hika even the length, you think it's the separation of staff and supporters? :/

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think the reason behind the staff members' userbars being longer than supporters is to signify the importance of the role, whereas aside from a few extra gimmicks supporters don't have much to distinguish from the basic members.
    Lol, actually I'd guess it's rather the fact that "Super Moderator" is a long term and mods and smods get the same bar length.

Back