• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Supporter Hangout Daily Chit-Chat

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Well that just really sucks. I know how that can be too. You can always add a number to the end of it.

TY

Had my graduation paper yesterday and it said I aced English... how

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    LOL That was like me trying to pass Algebra. I'll do Geometry instead.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I just can't get even relatively interested in English unless it's writing. I'll write an essay fine but grammar and stuff just bores me.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    A couple years ago I played around with animated png files. They're kinda like animated gifs but with more color depth and better transparency. The only problem back then was that Google Chrome didn't support it. So while it was nice seeing those animations on, say, Firefox, the majority of people who were using Chrome didn't get to see that stuff.

However, I just randomly checked and realized that it finally has built-in support for png animations. The good thing: finally I can ditch gifs. The negative: animated png creation isn't quite streamlined and while I don't mind putting in some work to create one myself, I don't really have any way I'd recommend to you if anyone of you ever wanted to try them out, yourself.

Years
    • Seen today
    APNGs are annoying ugh. I was trying to write an app and wasn't sure why animated avatars weren't showing up. After doing some digging, I found out the library I was using for images didn't support the APNG format.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Hows it going Elaine?
    My dad would kill me if I ate his chocolate, when I lived at home and I snuck just ONE of his ice cream bites, he would know

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I stress ate a whole box of Cheez-Its last night. Not sure if it counts. My wisdom teeth didn't like that very much.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Wouldn't they be a bigger file size too ?
    Marginally, if anything. Still nothing compared to all the JavaScript and stuff that people put on their websites just to make them look more flashy.

Edit:
    Tested around converting some gifs into animated pngs. Turns out the filesize was actually only about half of what the original gif variant was.

Last edited:
    Back