• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Sure why not?

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
  • I've been here for a while, but I do much more reading than discussing. A few people who have been mainstays in Off Topic may remember me, but I doubt it. I always enjoyed the political discussions, even if they got me warned several times.

So... AMA.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    How's Finland been? Still good?

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • How's Finland been? Still good?

It's... okay. I still haven't made any friends, and I've found that to be due to a combination of my introversion + the Finnish culture of being very closed off and cold towards foreigners, by and large. Still not used to the endless winter nights, but the endless summer days are better to tolerate. Despite my grievances, I still like this country, and despite the unrelenting loneliness, I have been better off here than I was in the US. People here respect nature a lot more, and they go out of their way to protect it. There have been some really tough days, though; days where I was so close to going back to the states. Not a place to move to if you can't stand not having a social life, for sure.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    How often would you say you sit back and enjoy the little things in life?

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • How often would you say you sit back and enjoy the little things in life?

I try to as often as I can, but the current state of the world has really disillusioned me. It was disillusioning enough before COVID struck and humans began to show their truly ugly sides in turn. But, I can't say that I'm not happy to be alive, and I'm a very lucky man in general.

Do you have any person favourite quotes?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan, my muse

Years
    • Seen today
    Where is your avatar picture from?

It reminds me of this:
    Spoiler:

Back