• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Surely That's Not a Pokémon Gym?!

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Oh, it's definitely a gym. And don't call me Shirley. (am I seriously the first to say that? Woot.)

What was your favourite design for exterior?

Opelucid, definitely. Take a close look, Clair, THAT is how you design a Dragon-type gym.
What was your favourite design for interior?
Opelucid, again. That just seemed to be my favorite gym overall.
What was your least favourite design for exterior?
I don't really think I have one. They all felt like they fit pretty well to me.
What was your least favourite design for interior?
Icirrus. OK, we get it, they like sliding ice puzzles. I'm bored of it now.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
I really liked the electric gym with the roller coaster type design. :)

The worst so far that I've seen is probably the normal gym, inside and outside, the puzzle was really dull.

cookie_lovr

Deh Clumsy Altruistic Activist
Years
Disregard that I don't remember all of their names. ROFL. xD

The 1st trio gym. Restaurant ~, if only the puzzle was more like a restaurant. ):

Brycen's. Classic and one of my most favorite designs. I also loved the ice slides!

Burgh's gym. You only can see the side of it, lol. It doesn't even own its own building land, it's merged into all the other buildings. and its on the SIDE. the SIDE!! Not the front.

Lenora's(Normal) or Drayden's(Dragon) gym... and Burgh's gym.
Lenora's one was boring, and was so hard to understand. D:< I was stuck talking to random books the entire time.
Drayden's one was worded wrong I think. The guy said the arms had to go down, but the head led to the Gym Leader after both arms went up...
Burgh's gym... the angle was pretty bad. I couldn't see many of the switches due to the honey walls being too tall, or trainers blocking it, etc.

Disregard that I don't remember all of their names. ROFL. xD

The 1st trio gym. Restaurant ~, if only the puzzle was more like a restaurant. ):

Brycen's. Classic and one of my most favorite designs. I also loved the ice slides!

Burgh's gym. You only can see the side of it, lol. It doesn't even own its own building land, it's merged into all the other buildings. and its on the SIDE. the SIDE!! Not the front.

Lenora's(Normal) or Drayden's(Dragon) gym... and Burgh's gym.
Lenora's one was boring, and was so hard to understand. D:< I was stuck talking to random books the entire time.
Drayden's one was worded wrong I think. The guy said the arms had to go down, but the head led to the Gym Leader after both arms went up...
Burgh's gym... the angle was pretty bad. I couldn't see many of the switches due to the honey walls being too tall, or trainers blocking it, etc.

Last edited:

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
My favourite exterior is probably burghs and interior is the electrc gym

Years
I really liked the electric gym with the roller coaster type design. :)

The worst so far that I've seen is probably the normal gym, inside and outside, the puzzle was really dull.

I agree with your least favourite, although I find as a type, normal does tend to be pretty dull, maybe they were trying to replicate this?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
The Nimbasa Gym is my favorite interior design of all the Gyms.
The rollercoasters are awesome, man!
The best Gym ever.

I liked Kamitsure's Gym (I mean she's cutie! xD) and Iris' and hers grandpa because of interior.

Who's Kamitsure?
Speak in English, man! The English release is out,
so no more Japanese, please.

Years
One reason I loved (and I still do) Gen IV so much was the fact that for the first time the gyms weren't in just one layer and had a bit complicate and challenging ways to get to the gym leader (eg. Eterna in Pt, Hearthome in DP and Cianwood in HGSS). I'm happy they kept the good job going in Gen V.

Opelucid's idea and execution just perfect. Moving Dragon-heads and legs. :knockedou

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Nacrene City, Lenora's
I liked the Ice type gym.
The Ice type gym. I mean really, it's just a cave entrance with statues next to it.
I really don't have a least favorite, but if I had to pick it would be the first one

Years
The new customization between gyms is a nice touch. Having all the gyms look alike should have ended with Yellow version. Now if we could only get some trainer customization options...

Back