• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Surfer

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    HM Slave is off the agenda, because there are too many surf spots in the game.

On Gold I need a good Pokemon that I can teach Surf to. Here's my team so far:

Ariados Level: 26
    Onix Level: 27
    Quilava Level: 25

As you can see, I already have an outstanding disadvantage against Water and Ice Pokemon. Anybody have any suggestions for what water Pokemon I could add to my team? Needs to be caught at around level 16/17 something lik that. I'm just making my way to Olivine City.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Chinchou is always a good one. You can fish for it with a Good Rod around Olivine shorelines, if I remember correctly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2016
    I would recommend Chinchou, Psyduck or Staryu.

Chinchou, as someone said, can be found with the Good Rod at Olivine Harbour.
    Psyduck can be found surfing on route 35, between Goldenrod and the National Park, and I think it can be found in Ilex Forest, surfing too.
    Staryu can be found with the Good Rod in Olivine (not the harbour) and Cherrygrove, but only at night. Also, you may have to wait untill after beating the E4 before evolving it into Starmie.

Pokemonshe

私はピンクを愛す
    Years
    Corsola! It's water and rock but has some good defence. I suggest you wait till Friday in your game so you can catch a Lapras in the "Union" cave.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Okay, I have my surfer now. I chose.............*Drum Roll*........Kingler!

Oh yes indeed. I decided that surf was the only water attack he needs. Then he has Guillotine, Vicegrip and Leer. He should do perfectly.

Years
    Slowpoke/Slowbro

In Azalea Town there is the Slowpoke Well.
    They sometimes hold a KING ROCK.
    Slowpoke can be found sometimes on the ground portion (in between Zubat).
    And Slowbro can be found by Surfing. But I'm not sure if "the 'Bro" is found on the first basement level.

Back