• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Surgery and Inspiration

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    So, today I had to go to a consultant about my wisdom teeth. Turns out that they're impacted and they need to be surgically removed. My appointment is December 22. Yeah, Merry Christmas, Silver. I had to watch some stupid movie about what they do to remove them and the risks that are involved with the procedure and that anesthetics. Did I use the right word there? The sleepy gas? Yeah, that. The music was so upbeat and the (omg I just had deja vu, and again, and again...wow.) video itself scared the bajeebers outta me. "Potentially fatal"? "Your jaw might possibly go numb permanantly"? Dude, get me out of here right now. But yeah. I'm scared out of my pants.

Later, there was a speaker at our football field, so we went there instead of church, and...wow. I was bawling. This man lost his wife, 18 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 9 year old daughter, and 2 year old daughter. Only his 4 year old daughter survived the car crash. It was also the day before his oldest daughter's birthday. I...can't imagine that. The doctors said the pictures were so horrendous, that he should never have to see them. He said that when he saw his wife in the casket, he just wanted to kiss her. And so he did...and her lips were ice cold. Now, before you say that's sick, just think of how sick you are for thinking that. Just don't even say that if that's all you want to say about it. I was moved and it hit me hard, because I'm 17 and don't drive and that's my reason: drunk drivers. The guy was 27 and had AIDS. Just a hard hitting speech, y'all. I'm moved.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    OMG DON'T BE SCARED :D I was ttly scared when I got it done. But then like, it didn't hurt and I wasn't hurting afterwards either. TAKING THE PILLS IS THE WORST PART THOUGH.

Srsly, it's fun. :33
    And you fall asleep like straight away, which is awesome.

AND PEOPLE GET TO DO THINGS FOR YOU DURING THAT TIME. :D

You shall enjoy it. /probably the most positive view on it in the world

If you want to be scared, don't speak to me about it. XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, I'm going to my grandmother's the next day, and my sweetheart has already agreed to come over that day and play SNES with me. :3 And I get ice cream...but right before Christmas...when I like to eat a lot of food. How sad. Day before my dad's birthday, too. I'mma be like my brother with a swollen mouth and I'll have to eat soft food. He had surgery a few weeks ago. Think I blogged that, too. xD

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Yeah, I had my wisdom teeth taken out back in January. I think one of my few blogs actually has to do with that surgery if I recall correctly. XD

The point is, it's not too terrible at all. The surgery itself was really quick, or at least it seemed that way, and you get to stay heavily medicated for a few days afterward - no worries should you have of pain. The worst part for me was the bandaging. I wanted that out as soon as possible, and well... let's just say that caused some issues, m'kay? :3

...and wow, that does sound like a pretty horrific experience. I can understand you being a little touched from hearing it. :x

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    I'm actually going in a few hours to an appointment about my own wisdom teeth. Three out of four are impacted and the one that isn't has a cavity in it. I'll let you know more about how things go for me since I'm older than you, so it's actually worse for me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Note: Letting people see you will fail, since um, everyone looks terrible when it happens. XD So you should really avoid people :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, the person playing SNES with me won't care too much. xD They'll get used to my ugliness anyway, so I don't mind them being there. :3

But thanks guys<3

Back