• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sushi's OU Team

RollsOfSushi

Hotter than Wasabi
Years
  • Sushi's OU Team

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break
    This is a basic Salamence with Dragon Dance. Brick Break actually comes in handy when I need to break Dual Screens, Outrage is killer and if nothing resists it the Moxie effect helps me sweep hard.

Sushi's OU Team

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Focus Blast
    This is a Choice Scarfed Gengar that I've been trying out. It works pretty awesome! With High Sp.A, and near perfect coverage, Gengar is an amazing revenge killer. I was thinking about Timid Naturing it to Speed Tie with most Scarfed Latios, but I like the power.. Plus, Gengar is ridiculously fast on it's own.

Sushi's OU Team

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Trick
    2nd Choice Scarf, I'm not entirely sure why I chose this set let alone this Pokemon.. Rotom-W just seems like a good Pokemon to have I guess, Volt Switch gives me momentum and Hydro Pump is a powerful STAB move.

Sushi's OU Team

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Crunch
    Besides for the fact that he looks like a total badass, Lucario is an awesome addition to my team. I usually switch in on a pokemon that's choice locked onto a dark move and on the switchout I Swords Dance. Extremespeed is mainly for priority but hits really hard on a lot of pokemon, and Close Combat is gonna be my main powerful STAB move. Crunch is there for coverage.

Sushi's OU Team

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Volt Switch
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt
    I'm not sure wether I should keep Choice Scarf on this or not. I was deciding wether to use Scarf or just a Sub+3Attacks set. I appreciate the speed on Magnezone though, and 3 Choice Scarfers is risky, but unpredictable. Volt Switch also gains momentum.

Sushi's OU Team

Staraptor (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Reckless
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Close Combat
    - Double-Edge
    - Quick Attack
    Staraptor is an underrated beast. All I have to do is spam Brave Bird and I'm almost guaranteed to get a kill. Staraptor has an answer to almost everything and thanks to it's speed it and priority in Quick Attack, it can cherry pick a lot of foes.

This wasn't the best RMT I've done, probably took the least amount of time.. But I'm just looking on ways this team can improve.. any ideas?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Well, at the moment your team looks great so far, especially in terms of defensive synergy, so no complaints about that.

For Gengar an all-attacking set is interesting but I highly recommend a Timid nature rather than modest otherwise it'll be outsped by base 100+ speed Pokemon such as Celebi, Garchomp and Infernape.

Quick Attack can be useful on Staraptor but it's risky with a Life Orb, especially considering that you have another Normal-type priority move which is stronger (Lucario's ExtremeSpeed). I'd choose either U-turn or Roost, to help ease the prediction on Staraptor's weaknesses.

Magnezone is known for its wallbreaking as well as trapping Steel-types, so for that reason I'd use a Specs rather than a Scarf.

You should get a couple of wins if you take my advice. Good luck in the competitive battling world!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • DD Salamence is better off with a Hasty or Naive nature so it isn't walled by physical opponent pre-Moxie, and to outspeed as much as possible pre-Dragon Dance. Use Fire Blast or Hydro Pump over Brick Break, so that it can target physically defensive opponents without having to resort to Outrage.

A Calm nature is better off on Wash Rotom's specially defensive sets. Never use it for a Choice set, especially Scarf, because that wastes away the boost the item grants. Either change the nature to Timid with 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe, or change the set to the specially defensive one:
    -Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/28 SAtk/232 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

Never use Sludge Bomb on Gengar. Ever. No matter how tempting the fact that it's Gengar's strongest Special move outside of Hyper Beam, it's a terrible move to get locked into, due to the fact that Steel Pokemon are immune to it. Given the fact that Gengar mainly uses Shadow Ball and Focus Blast together, due to their unresisted coverage (and hence making it appreciate the freedom of switching moves), I'd make it use these:
    -Substitute
    -Disable/Pain Split
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge/Life Orb

Or
    -Substitute/Protect
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge/Life Orb

If you want to keep the Choice Scarf set, change the nature to Timid so that Gengar can at least Speed tie with Choice Scarf Latios and outrun Choice Scarf Terrakion, which use Speed boosting natures. Also, change Sludge Bomb to Hidden Power (Ice) to nail Dragons, Gliscor and Landorus hard.

Try squeezing in a hazard user or Rapid Spinner, like Forretress or Donphan, due to this team's offensive nature and tendency to switch around, since hazards will wear the team down over time:

Forretress:
    -Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Gyro Ball/Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Volt Switch
    Nature: Relaxed/Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Ability: Sturdy

Donphan:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Rapid Spin
    -Ice Shard
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy

RollsOfSushi

Hotter than Wasabi
    Years
  • @Boilurn - I'll definitely try out switching to Specs on Magnezone. I might put U-Turn on Staraptor, but not Roost. I find Staraptor WAY to frail to even try healing itself. But the only thing is, Quick-Attack is a life saver at times when I'm up against a weakened faster opponent.

@PlatinumDude - I'll be sure to switch the EV's and switch Sludge Bomb for HP Ice. As for a Rapid Spinner, I wouldn't know who to replace. And the only problem I have with Forretress is that it doesn't have much of an Offensive presence. I want this team to be primarily offensive, and adding Forretress would kill momentum needed for this team. I was thinking of Starmie, but I am not sure yet.

Back