• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SW47's Fakemon

tbone1094

begginer pixel artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    i really like the mightyena but most of the others need work

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    As said before, basic recoloring skills need to be acquired before mixes and scratches can be attempted. Sometimes the skill is pre-possessed. These need some serious work and I'm not sure where to begin. I hate to turn you to recolors, but they're good practice with the pencil, eraser, bucket fill, and drag tools. You need to be sure to recolor the outline, too.

Years
    Yeah honestly.
    You can't tell people to stop giving bad comments when you obvously need all the help you can get.
    There's no shading, your saving in JPEG, your scratch is a? blob of paint?

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    As people have said the colors on the fusions have no shading and have pixels placed randomly (Nidoqueen). As suggested before I think recolors should be your first stop and then go to re/devamps and splices. It's not easy to begin with what you did and I think the main problem is a lack of experience and know how which you'll gain.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Woah guys.
    Take a moment and look at the date of the last poster.

This thread is so dead. Don't revive threads, Razorshadow, and don't keep posting in them, everyone else. x_x;

-closed-

SpeedXaaa

Uses XD too much...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    Okay, for starters... and even though many people have mentioned it, remember to save them as PNG instead of Bitmap or JPEG. :3

And by the looks of it, erm... I think, since you seem sorta new to this, I'd suggest working on recoloring more a little bit, since you still need a bit of practice on that... the Kirlia/Gardevoir one would be a good example. First off, when doing basic recoloring, it's best if you weren't to overwrite most of the tones with just one whole tone, which gives it a blank look. Try this: when recoloring, make a pallete (using the eyedropper tool, of course xD) of the original Pokemon's colors. See how the tones range from shades to highlights (and outline tones) are all... well, diffrent/seperate from one another (I'm sorry if I sound like I'm talking to you like a four-year-old. DX Not my intention)?
    Now, just pick a color... any color you'd like, (even though though I definitely do NOT reccommend using the default Paint colors... however, seeing how it seems as if you're new to this, it'll have to do for now. Though, once you get the hang of things, try altering the colors, or just selecting your own colors in the Edit Colors > Define Custom Colors screen. =3). That'll be your base color. Now, if you can, apply/ "paint" the color beside what you believe is the base color of the pixel art. From there, still applying the colors beside the original colors, try to mimic the way the tones seperate from each other; go to the Edit Colors > Define Custom Colors screen, alter the lil' arrow by the bar at the very right to a darker or lighter tone of the color, depending on what's neccessary.

But that's just my reccommendation.... And sorry if I'm mentioning stuff that you may have already been aware of. I just kinda need to think as if I'm explaining this to someone who's never even done this kinda thing before, for some reason.

I hope I made sense. And most of all, I hope I helped a little.

Edit: Oops, I should've payed attention, too. Sorry! T_T Argh, I posted that all for nothin'. >.<; *facepalm*

Back