• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swampert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Sorry, Anti-Pop, I don't recall using the word noobish... I just though it sucked on garchomp, but I understand now...

Well I'm glad you do. You have to understand that we do infact know what we're talking about...most of us anyways. I'll give you a tip Jimmyray...you should always make movesets that accomadate a pokemon's strengths, obviously, but if there are ways to destroy more pokemon or diversifying the pokemon you're using, you should go with that. Just because fire fang on garchomp has more power, doesn't mean that fire blast isn't batter. It allows garchomp to laugh at steelix, forry, and skarm...thus making it a better choice. Hope that made any sense.

The same goes with swampert. While it has higher attack, giving it special moves with physical moves makes it stronger since it isn't walled by any pokemon that can take physical hits...which goes back to diversity.

So yeah, my vote is mixedpert...good luck breeding.

EDIT: I agree though, you have the right to disagree with people. If you wanna use fire fang on garchomp, go ahead. Who knows, it may work better. without disagreement, this forum, PC rather, would not exist.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    He knows we know what we're talking about. But this is not our team-it is his. He can't just up and take our advice without being sure.

Exactly. It IS your team, Jimmyray. I recommend mixedpert, but that doesn't mean you have to use it, or makes it the best. My advice is to experiment with different sets and EV spreads an find the one that works best for you. For me, it was mixedpert.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    Thanks for understanding Anti-Pop and sims! I think I'll go with Mixedpert :D Itahci just peed me off a bit by saying "You're always disagreeing with people. Just at least take their movesets for granted. And you always think you're sets are the best, when they're not. Or at least from what i've collected as evidenence" when I'm merely stating my opinion.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Thanks for understanding Anti-Pop and sims! I think I'll go with Mixedpert :D Itahci just peed me off a bit by saying "You're always disagreeing with people. Just at least take their movesets for granted. And you always think you're sets are the best, when they're not. Or at least from what i've collected as evidenence" when I'm merely stating my opinion.

I've moved on, keeping their advice in mind. So you should too. Well, i'm off to make a new thread, wherever it belongs. (Here, i'm not leaving just because of some words. Lol).

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    [/B]

I've moved on, keeping their advice in mind. So you should too. Well, i'm off to make a new thread, wherever it belongs. (Here, i'm not leaving just because of some words. Lol).

Well...okay. It's nice to see you too are spreading the word about CB blissey...but this isn't about who gets the last word lol...let's let people stae their opinion unless it says hydro cannon rocks on blastoise and leave it at that.

Jimmyray, if you need help, just post...but you have your answer, don't you?

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    Well, this ultimate guy called Chris told me to go for Cursepert :S

Stealth Rock
    Curse
    Earthquake
    Avalanche

Anti

return of the king
    Years

Stealth Rock
    Curse
    Earthquake
    Avalanche

cursepert gets walled by my fav steelix...but if you wish to use it, take out SR and put in rest. Waterfall is an option over avalanche, though avalanche is better IMO.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Well...okay. It's nice to see you too are spreading the word about CB blissey...but this isn't about who gets the last word lol...let's let people stae their opinion unless it says hydro cannon rocks on blastoise and leave it at that.

Jimmyray, if you need help, just post...but you have your answer, don't you?

Less' it's on another poke, to keep it in one Thread, but i'm doubtful/skeptical about that.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I was just looking for a Swampert build. This thread is insightful, and therefore wins.

Mixpert

Swampert@leftovers
    nature: Relaxed
    evs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 SpAtk
    - Ice Beam/Avalance
    - Earthquake
    - Surf/Hydro pump/Waterfall/Curse
    - Stealth Rock/Stone Edge/HP Electric/Roar/Protect
    Assuming I was using this build (minus Stealth Rock, as I "lent" my TM to a friend), what would be a good choice of moves?
    Avalanche seems more solid than IB, and I'm leaning towards Hydro Pump, but I'm split between Edge/Roar/Protect.

Last edited:

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I was just looking for a Swampert build. This thread is insightful, and therefore wins.

Assuming I was using this build (minus Stealth Rock, as I "lent" my TM to a friend), what would be a good choice of moves?
    Avalanche seems more solid than IB, and I'm leaning towards Hydro Pump, but I'm split between Edge/Roar/Protect.

Avalanche, Surf for 3rd Gen, but since you probably have 4th, Waterfall, Roar if spikes (Skarmory). Or Stone Edge/Protect depending on what you need for your team, basaically.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yep id say HP Electric or Stone Edge, otherwise Gyarados laughs at you. If you have a Spiker such as Skarm or Forretress in your party like Itachi said, Roar works wonders. You maybe scared of Choice specs Starmie/other things that carry Grass Knot or Energy Ball, so Protect could be used to scout moves like that. So its really up to you at the end of the day.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    This forums are getting dumb. The guy asks for a Cursepert and you suggest a Mixpert. Really, if he wants something, let him have it. Why does he have to read stupid suggestions? Maybe his team really needs a Cursepert, so why saying something that doesn't matter?

Sorry, but I didn't read the whole thread because of this idiocy. I hope I'm not being a jackass, but probably I am.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    This forums are getting dumb. The guy asks for a Cursepert and you suggest a Mixpert. Really, if he wants something, let him have it. Why does he have to read stupid suggestions? Maybe his team really needs a Cursepert, so why saying something that doesn't matter?

Sorry, but I didn't read the whole thread because of this idiocy. I hope I'm not being a jackass, but probably I am.

"This Forums are getting dumb?" Maybe it should be "The forums" are getting dumb. You're getting dumb if you you don't know that.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years

Maybe you should read the WHOLE damn thread before you start blantly insulting people. Yes, you are.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today

You should of read the whole thread XD

Cursepurt is good, but mainly because it is walled easier than mixpert. It also can get Pseudo hazed by skarm etc. easier, this is the reason why we suggested Mixpert and so Skarm or whatever would think twice about switching into it.

Last edited:

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Maybe you should read the WHOLE damn thread before you start blantly insulting people.

I may not care about this much, but blantly? But yeah, reading the whole Thread is nessacary. Why would you not read the Thread? Sims, get the rules up, if we have any. I'm pretty sure we do, and it states somethong about this.
    Sorry, but I didn't read the whole thread because of this idiocy.
    Just quoted him for Mod's to see. Also, it's his opinion, and he even stated this:

Stealth Rock
    Curse
    Earthquake
    Avalanche
    That's when Jimmyray stated he was going with Cursepert, also, isn't it just a suggestion? Like I said before, it's his option of what he want's to go with. Heck, he could choose something unpredicted if he decided to do so. Edit: Muku Bird laughs at you:
    Swampert?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Well, he did just say we are getting stupid, so I would say blantly.

So, what did Jimmy decide, on Mixpert, or Cursepert?

He said he wanted to use Cursepurt and then he changed his mind seeing as mixpert was popular and being frequently suggested to him.

@Purtu: i fail to see how our suggestions were stupid, really there not, stupid is a Choice Band Shuckle XD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back