• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sweep-healing?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    First of all-hi! I just registered :)

This is what I've devised based off what I used during the game. It works for me pretty decently at the Battle Maison, but I'm always interested in improvements.

Here it goes.

OH, and I like triple/double battles, so that's usually how I try to set things up.

Greninja @icicle plate (?)
    protean
    1-icebeam
    2-mat block
    3-surf
    4-u turn
    EVs=speed and sp attack

Heliolisk @ focus sash (?)
    dry skin
    1-thunder
    2-parabolic charge
    3-thunder wave
    4-surf
    EVS=speed and sp attack

Sylveon @leftovers
    cute charm
    1-protect
    2-rain dance
    3-reflect
    4-dazzling gleam
    EVs=HP and defense (????)

Volcarona @flame plate (?)
    flame body
    1-bug buzz
    2-hurricane/fly (?)
    3-quiver dance
    4-heat wave
    EVs=sp attack and defense(????)

Aegislash @rocky helmet
    stance change
    1-toxic
    2-kings sheild
    3-shadow sneak
    4-sacred sword
    EV=attack and defense

Garchomp @garchomperite
    sand veil
    1-stealth rock (?)
    2-earthquake
    3-fire fang
    4-dragon claw
    EV=speed and attack

So yeah, that's what I have. The goal behind this is to start strong by having greninja use mat block, while heliolisk opens with surf. Sylveon uses rain dance, but always goes last. I try to keep sylveon/ others alive with protect and reflect, maybe for a possible extra raindance.

Heliolisk is rather frail, but getting healed by greninja's surf/rain helps.

Greninja and heliolisk usually fall or u turn rather early, so I have aegislash, which is a good annoyer. Also, it can protect itself from garchomp's earthquake. As for garchomp, I have stealth rock, because everyone swears by it, but I have doubts considering I dont open with him usually.

Volcarona has hurricane in case it's caught in the rain, but I'm considering fly for earthquake dodging?

Any other doubts I noted with (?), I know EV spreading was never easy for me, so I'd love tips there.

Thanks, and I look forward to the responses!

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I'm by one far an expert, but one thing that really stood out is your Sylveon. Sylveon has really high Sp.D, so I think you should invest all 252 EVs in that stat. Since it looks like it's going to be more of a support in your team, I would split the rest of the EVs in HP and Def. I would probably put a more towards Def than HP, since Sylveon has decent Def.

I think I know why you gave it rain dance, but I think teaching it Wish would be better for the role you're giving it. If you really don't want to get rid of rain dance, then I would suggest getting rid of protect.

Also, I'm not too sure about the Icicle Plate, though I can't really think of anything appropriate for it. Maybe Life Orb.

That's all really have to say about your team. I'm not really double or triple battler, but I hope this suggestions help.

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Give your Sylveon Hyper Voice if you can get one with the ability Pixilate. It changes any normal type moves to Fairy, giving Hyper Voice STAB and a 30%, I think. It will make Hyper Voice go well into a base power of over 120.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Fly is a terrible option on Volcarona, since its easy to play around (and practically gives the opponent an extra turn), and Volcarona's Attack is pretty bad. You want max Speed and Special Attack EVs on it.

Years
  • Fly is a terrible option on Volcarona, since its easy to play around (and practically gives the opponent an extra turn), and Volcarona's Attack is pretty bad. You want max Speed and Special Attack EVs on it.
    I agree, you should just leave it with Hurricane. You can probably be benefit if your pokemon can do rain dance while volcanora is on the field. It isn't really require though. Also, I have been trying to play with mat block, it isn't really efficient since sometimes there are pokemon faster than yours you can probably get hit first, and mat block doens't have priority (which really really sucks)

Back