• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sword of Survival (PG 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    The Sword Of Survival
    Hi. This is Infinite Meditation. I am going to start an RP. It may look like an other RP at first glance, but after my plot is finished, you'll see why I put it in this section.
    "The sword will shatter... The seven will come and place the sword together... If they fail, let there be chaos..."
    A quote from the prophecy...
    400 B.C.- Silviono
    The prehistoric region of Silviono... a majestic wonder of awe... The region borders the east side of the country Bienvenidos. The Southern part of Silviono is a warm region, with beautiful tropical rainforests. It was always warm, mostly sunny. On rainy days, it was humid and poured. There is very little land there, so native tribes are always competing. The Palm Trees had a small, but fertile piece of land.

In contrast, the north of Silviono is very cold and mountainous and has a lot of open lands. It is chilly in this mountainous region, the average temperature being 50 degrees, 30 degrees on the high peaks of Montanas Grandes and other ranges. It is very dry, except on the high peaks, where snow happens every day and night. Surprisingly, a large tribe called The Mountain Warriors lives up in the cold mountains. They are a nomadic tribe, hunting the beasts high up in the mountains, the remainders of PokeBeast, the prehistoric version of Pokemon.

The warriors discovered the land of the Palm Trees and decided to battle them for their land. So, the leader, From the Forest, went, with the top hunters, to the south. They werep skilled hikers and climbers, but, no one had ever made it over the border mountain, Mt. Stratosphere. All except one made it over. After the others died, From the Forest discovered a golden sword. It had a prophecy on it:

"The forest king will find the sword...With it, he shall conquer the tribe of the tall trees..."

With this great discovery in hand, he went to the land of the Palm Trees.

When the Palm Trees saw the man with a golden sword in hand, they knew they were at their doom.

Some Pokemon heard the ruckus and went to see what was going on. They saw From the Forest with a sword and ran away.

From The Forest finished his conquest, and then fell right on the ground. The sword vanished and shattered. It had 7 different pieces hidden in 7 different places.

7 hunters, from each side, unaware of this, are met by Pokemon. The Pokemon told them of their destiny and traveled with them on their travels to piece the sword back...

Info
    ~14 People, at maximum, are allowed to join.
    ~The Pokemon that will follow you is Hoenn (Palm Tree) or Sinnoh (Mountain Warrior)
    ~You can encounter Pokemon in the wild, but only every 4-5 posts.

Rules
    ~All decisions are made by me and the co-leader. No one else runs the show.
    ~No Character Control
    ~No spamming
    ~I hate swearing. This roleplay is PG13, but I am anti swearing and if I see a single swear word, you will not be participating in my RP.
    ~No "when is the RP starting" nonsense. I'll start when I have at least 3 players on each tribe.

Signup Application

Name: Some sort of Native American name (Rising Sun, Sitting Bull, etc)
    Personality: 7+ sentences
    Appearance: 7 sentences
    History: 12+ sentences
    Tribe:
    Extra: Say "School is awesome" so I know you read the rules.

Players
    Rising Eagle/Palm Tree Tribe Pheonix987
    Shouting Tree/Mountain Warrior KingGolem
    Wind Of Height/Mountain Warriors Infinite Meditation
    Whispering Hollow/Mountain Warrior Foxtrot WolfWhistle

Last edited:

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Character: Charging tyrannitar (in his native language he is called tarnisk)

Description/personality: Tarnisk is very unique from his other tribe members. while the others have very dark skin, tarnisk's is much lighter calling about suspicion from his tribe. tarnisk is quite tall and is an excellent hunter in his tribe. tarnisk is very friendly and befriends everyone he sees, as long as they dont attack him first. tarnisk has a great personality and almost never gets angry.
    tarnisk is currently 21 having officially reaching manhood in his tribe.tarnisk's most outstanding features are his spiky black hair with red streaks and his deep as the ocean blue eyes.

History: Tarnisk's true parents are at this moment unbeknownst to him. he was found as a baby outside of the ground village 1 of the 17 pokre villages. his foster mother ashe took him in and took care of him immeadiately. ashe's fiance did nt want to marry her after she took in tarnisk. by the age of three tarnisk had not yet been named. it was only in his hunting class, when he charged a wurmple that he was given his name. at the age of seven the ice village attacked his people. many were killed including his mother. ashe's best friend liqualy took care of him from there on out.
    at the age of 17 tarnisk began to befriend pokemon. he spent time with them secretly earning his village allies. during wars the pokemon would pick off enemy tribesmen winning battles for the ground village. we now go to the age of 20 just days before his 21st birthday. because of everything he has done for the tribe,his tribesmen have decided to make him their new chief. this is 7 days till bagon comes.

Tribe:palm tree

Extra: school is awesome.

Last edited:

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
    Name: Rising Eagle (known as Ekuaga (Eh-kuu-ah-gah) in her tribe)

Personality: Ekuaga is an all-around type, who can be cheerful, easy and laid back at times, be curious, outrageous and outgoing, or darn right aggressive, merciless and cruel. She always thinks ahead for about three or four steps, being an intellectual type. She is clammed up most of the time, so most people think she is emotionless, since that is how she acts usually, but people that understand her know that she is very sensitive and kind most of the time. No matter how she feels, she is always sarcastic and humorous. She also likes to trick people, which causes her a lot of trouble for her. Ekuaga is constantly on guard, making it hard for other people to sneak upon her, much less pull a prank on her, which, if they suceed, makes her very angry. Ekuaga is also very agile, with a healthy body from constant training, which she does constantly, since she is a bit more fragile than others. She is a merciless fighter in battle, whether it will be hunting or battling against a foe.

Appearance: She is tanned, almost black, like most of her people. She has dark brown eyes and dark blue hair. Her height is 5"6 and she weighs pretty small, at 98.3 lb. She wears clothes woven with straw and pieced together with leather. Her only accsessories are a bead necklace she made herself which match perfectly with her bracelet that she got from her brother, Rising Bear (details in history). She is barefoot and hates to wear shoes, since they "Don't feel right." She has red stripes over her cheeks.

History: Ekuaga was born in a small house, just at the skirts of the village territory. They were very poor, but they managed to get through everyday, because of her brother, Rising Bear (Borota (Bo-ro-taa) ), who was an excellent hunter, even at his young age of 14. Their father had passed away before Ekuaga had been born. They always ate until they were satisfied, and sold the rest to marketplaces for money to buy other household objects. They got along, living in a one-room place that had mice crawling here and there. They hardly had any fights together, and their life was peaceful, almost boring. Until From the Forest came with his golden sword. Ekuaga was hiding under her sheets, cowering. She did not know why there were yells outside, or why her brother hadn't come at all. Moments later, all was silent. Ekuaga silently crept out of her sheets and looked around. She saw her brother slip off and found out he had shielded her from a strike, in exchange for his life. Ekuaga cried there for a long time. When she woke up, she saw that her brother had a bracelet on. She wore it and she swore to get stronger and take revenge for her brother, whoever killed him. 17 years later, she had become formidable and almost forgot about her brother's murder. Until she met a little Trapinch, stuck in a trap.

Tribe: Palm Tree

Extra: She is good at martial arts and using melee weapons. *School is awesome*

Last edited:
    Years
    Name: Enlightened Meditite (Medi for short.)

Personality: Despite his calm-sounding name, Medi is one of the most cheerful, childish people around. Some think that he must have had a tragic past that he's compensating for with his joyousness, but he denies it. He loves to collect and plant herbs to use in both dried and fresh forms to cook with, and nothing pleases him more than seeing someone else in his tribe enjoy food he's made. Medi holds animated conversations with wild Pokemon, and no one can tell if he really knows what they are saying back to him or if he is bluffing. Caring a lot for people around him, he loves to do favors or jobs for everyone.
    He has been sullen and quiet a few times when things go very wrong for him, but no one has ever seen him angry. When there's no one around for him to either pester with his perkiness or help out with tasks, he meditates; he claims that he has achieved enlightenment and this is why he is such a gregarious man.
    Appearance: Medi is very tall; some people even think he might be seven feet. He has darker skin than anyone else in the tribe, and bigger muscles as well. His muscles aren't even the attractive large type, but the disgusting, veiny large type. His hair is long, dark and wavy, and he rubs some kind of berry dye into it to give it a red tint. He has big, deep brown eyes, which are lined in a dark charcoal substance to make them look even bigger and more vibrant.
    His overall appearance might remind you of an Ursaring, almost, but a very happy one. He smiles constantly, giving him large creases around his mouth that make him look older than he is.
    History: Ever since he was a little boy, Medi has had the exact same perky personality. His mother and father were some of the poorest in the tribe, and had to spend all day tending fields, so when he had two younger siblings, he did most of the care for them. This was how he got started in cooking. After awhile the rest of his family decided to move to a nicer place, but he was so attached to the area's wild Pokemon that he refused to move along with them. He married a local woman, and had two children, a boy and a girl.
    When From the Forest attacked, his wife and two children were killed; he only survived because he was away meditating at the time. When he found out they were dead, he grieved briefly, but bounced back in what seemed a freakishly, rather suspicious short time, as if he knew something everyone else did not. At that point, he began gathering some of his favorite wild Pokemon and training them. Whenever anyone asked him why, he wouldn't say. He trained several Pokemon, including a local Tropius, Ralts, Makuhita, and Clamperl, but he released them all back into the wild when he was done. The only one that stayed with him was a Meditite. It went in and out of the wild too, but it always came back to him, and it always kept a yellow ribbon that he tied around its neck.
    Tribe: Palm Tree
    Extra: School is awesome.

Musician of Literature

Years
    I am sorry for not getting back to you guys. I lost computer priveleges for a while,so, yeah.

OK, time for the moment of truth.

OK, pikakip, your character is kindof stu-ish, so I am sorry, but I'm going to have to decline you. I've been declined for that before and fixed that after reading Alter Ego's character guide. Now, I've got a new problem. Also, your formatting is not very good.

On the other hand, Phoenix is Accepted. I liked everything about yours. I think he will be good.

You're character, Lil' Mac (is it okay if I call you that?), is going to be pending. I like his history, but he is almost a gary stu. He is able to understand Pokemon. However, other tribe members are not. And, he got happy all too quickly after the death of his wife.

So, nice job, Rising Eagle, and others, work on your SU's. We have 6 spots left for Palm Tree and 7 left for the others, The Mountain Warriors.

I'll post an OOC thread, which is where other signups will go.

Hasta luego, amigos.

Years
    Ok, so this is my first RP and my first post on these forums. I'll try not to royally screw up. ;) Here's my sign up sheet:
    Name: Shouting Tree (or Red, by his friends)
    Personality: Shouting Tree is stoic and reserved, preferring to choose his words carefully before speaking. However, when he does speak, he speaks very loud and with authority. He is stern, disciplined, and has no tolerance for foolishness, but when the day is done and he sits by the fire with comrades he is known for his sense of humor. In other words, he works hard and parties hard. He is a skilled, tenacious warrior and very intelligent, but this gives him a hint of arrogance, for he usually believes himself to be the best of all his companions (which is usually true when hunting, but whatever). Due to his own excess of competence, he has notably little patience for failure. With his arrogance and lack of patience, he also has a fairly short temper, and will angrily reprimand others on his hunting party if they mess up. Despite his short temper, he has adequate self control, and believes that "true men" avoid needless fighting.
    Appearance: Shouting Tree stands at 6'7" and has a heavy, muscular build. His face has piercing, intimidating eyes, heavy dark brows, and a wide mouth full of jagged teeth that give him a somewhat bestial appearance when his mouth is open. He has very thick, very long black hair, but this is usually kept under his parka. His parka is snow white and made from abomasnow hide, and his pants, boots and gloves are made from ursaring hide. Around his waist he wears a thick leather belt decorated with native copper beads and the teeth and claws of creatures he has slain. He usually carries a plethora of weapons, including a heavy bone knife, a war club, and at least two spears. Under his parka he has several scars, the most noticeable of which are several ragged cuts in his abdomen ringed by skin paled by frostburn, from where he fought an abomasnow and took several ice shards to the gut.
    History: Shouting Tree was the firstborn son of the Mountain Warriors' medicine man, Speaking Blizzard and his wife Sky that Shimmers. While he was young, he was picked on for being the slowest of his friends. This is because he was somewhat spoiled when he was a kid, and was given comparatively few chores and plenty to eat. When he hit puberty, he started going hunting with his father and his uncle Jagged Ice. This is when he started to lose weight and build muscle mass, becoming the great warrior he is today. His birth name was not Shouting Tree, but Red Snow. However, he earned the name Shouting Tree from his great stature and for the one time he killed a wild abomasnow with only his knife while screaming at the top of his lungs (he made the abomasnow into his parka afterwards). For this reason, his friends will still call him Red, for short. Due to his great hunting prowess, he and his family became very wealthy with hides and stored food, and he would trade some of it away for copper beads to decorate his belt. He had a younger brother, Hissing Fire, but he was killed when he tried to top Shouting Tree's abomasnow fight by taking on three sneasels at once with his bare hands (he never was very bright). After Hissing Fire died, he decided to stay with his parents for a few more years to help his mother cope with the grief. He's getting tired of living with his parents, though, due to his alpha-male personality, and plans on moving out soon.
    Tribe: Mountain Warrior
    Extra: School is awesome.

Years
    Name: Whispering Hollow

Personality: A gentle and affectionate young girl, Whispering Hollow has always had a way with nature, be it beast, plant or element. Her creative mind an resourcefulness takes advantage of most situations and enables her to survive quite efficiently. She has a great respect for the land and continuously seeks to make offerings when good fortune crosses her path, although she can be a little careless at times and thus regrets her actions deeply.

Her incessant curiosity is the main cause of these thoughtless tendencies, and many a time has a fellow tribal member had to come to her aid and given her a scalding. But despite their stern words and frustration, her endearing charm and innocence has kept her from being cast out by the tribe, who like to think her inquisitive and adventurous nature may turn up something useful one day.

Appearance: At a mere 5'3" and 106lb, Whispering Hollow has a tiny and svelte build which gives her a motherly, feminine appearance. Her deep, blue green eyes burst with emotion and have been described as celestial pools of peaceful dreams, which have been known to calm or sadden the most enraged beast.

Her auburn hair, along with her slender neck and wrists, are often adorned with handmade jewelry, often made from glittering gemstones, feathers and bones. She makes her own garments, and tends to wear an earth-coloured, suede tunic and leggings with a fur-collared cloak. She also possesses a skull helmet and ivory staff, which she adorns in battle to hide her dainty features.

History: Whispering Hollow was born in a small cave at the base of the mountain region after her mother, Echoing Birdsong suddenly fell into labor a she was foraging alone. Unfortunately, there were complications during the birth, rendering Whispering Hollow's mother paralyzed from the waist down and totally vulnerable to attacks, but seeing her daughter's innocent face was enough to keep her strong, and so they were forced to reside in the cave until the tribe found them.

A female marowak thankfully wandered into the cave with her offspring and took pity on the paralytic human, bringing them food and water and protecting her from the vicious beasts that tried to get into the cave, and in return Whispering Hollow and her mother looked after Marowak's offspring and kept the family warm.

A tragic event happened not too long after, when Whispering Hollows tribe found her and Echoing Birdsong, only to be attacked by the territorial marowak. thinking that the beast was holding their tribe members prisoner, they hastily slaughtered it in front of Whispering Hollow and the young cubone before Birdsong could yell out in protest.

Enraged by the tribe's foolish actions, Echoing Birdsong refused to return home with them and held the cubone and her own child close. but the tribe refused to give in and managed to take all three of them back, eventually calming Birdsong down by promising to ritually bury the marowak and give her a spirit shrine so that she could protect Echoing Birdsong's family in her afterlife.

Echoing Birdsong made sure to tell the story to her daughter as she grew up, and taught her to be benevolent and kind just as their spirit guide was. They regularly visited the shrine and built a small den closeby for the cubone, so that he was always close to his mother.

Whispering Hollow's mother died during a particularly harsh winter when she was 16. Hollow herself found her mother dying in front of the marowak shrine and held her close, knowing that there was nothing she could do except comfort her. Birdsong managed to place a hand on her daughters cheek and utter her deep, maternal love for her before slipping away. Hollow was filled with great sadness as she felt her mother go, but knew she'd be watching over her just as the marowak did. And with that in mind, she painstakingly buried Whispering birdsong in the place she died and soon after erected a second shine in her name.

Although it has been five years since her mother's death and the emotional pain has slowly faded, she still visits the two shrines every day and aspires to be as benevolent as Birdsong and the marowak.

Tribe: Mountain Warriors

Extra:School is awesome (Psh...I prefer college)

(sorry if it's a bit long or doesn't fit in...I really wanted to include the marowak story somewhere though ^^; )

Last edited:

Musician of Literature

Years
    Wait, so am I accepted or not? I'm confused. @_@ Which happens easily, lol.

Sorry if I was unclear, but you are not accepted at the moment, but if you improve your signup. OK, now for the two new ones...

King Golem, good job. Other than the formatting, your signup was muy bien. I will be accepting you. Congratulations on being the first Mountain Warrior. I'll become the second. Gotta post my character after dinner.

Accepted, WolfWhistle. Your history I liked best. She is very good, and I think now is the time where the personality will come in. Also, Willow, you are a mountain warrior since it says that you lived at the base of the mountains, and you will get a Sinnoh Pokemon which you meet in the wild. I need to know that from the rest of you.

After dinner, I'll edit the first post and create my OOC thread.

Musician of Literature

Years
    So am I not allowed to have the cubone in the story? I just thought it'd fit well...

All right. Cubone does live in the mountains. I was just thinking theat Sinnoh is the most mountainous region. I guess you can have him. And buddy, no need to edit anything. Your story rocks my socks (wish people could say that about my stories, but I always get declined. Now, I'm the RP master, and I have to accept myself...OK, back to work...

Yes, just make that small edit and you'll be in.

Crud, I keep forgetting my OOC thread...

Years
    Cheers, Infin Medi...May I call you that? I've been doodling my character all day, so lemme know when the ooc thread is done and I'll repost my bio, (hopefully with a picture too!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back