• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
  • After the fun that was challoween how can I not enter this.

Username: Ciax
    Game: SoulSilver
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Should be starting soon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: EmboarTrainer
    Game: Emerald
    Team:
    Red Pokemon - Electrode
    Ice Type Pokemon - Walrein
    Green Pokemon - Ludicolo
    White Pokemon - Gardevoir
    Favorite Pokemon - Xatu
    In-game gift - Blaziken
    W00T. A challenge I will hopefully finish!

Years
    • Seen today
    Here is my first SoulSilver update, and I think I'm off to a good start:

-Began my quest and got Totodile from Professor Elm.
    -Traveled to Mr. Pokemon's house and got the Mystery Egg from him as well as the Pokedex from Professor Oak.
    -Battled my rival and won, then returned to New Bark Town.
    -Entered Elm's lab. Named my rival Draco and headed to Route 29, where I got the Pokeballs from Lyra.
    -Upon arriving in Cherrygrove City, where I traded in the rest of my team in exchange for five Hoothoot I captured.
    -Traveled to Violet City, where I did some grinding, then headed into Sprout Tower and defeated the Sages within.
    -Battled the trainers in the gym and beat Falkner easily, earning the Zephyr Badge.
    -Next I traveled along Route 32, through Union Cave and into Azalea Town, battling trainers along the way (and obtaining the Miracle Seed, which was given to Treecko). Did some more grinding to prepare for the gym, during which time Totodile, Treecko and Torchic evolved into Croconaw, Grovyle, and Combusken respectively.
    -Helped drive off Team Rocket and save the town's Slowpoke.
    -Fought through the gym and beat Bugsy with the Hive Badge as my reward. As I began to enter Ilex Forest I was challenged by Draco, who I defeated quickly.
    -Helped the woodcutter's assistant in Ilex Forest catch the two Farfetch'd and received HM 01. went back to the woodcutter's hut and received the Charcoal from his assistant, which I gave to Combusken.
    -Cut the tree in Ilex Forest and traveled to Goldenrod City, obtained the Radio Card at the Radio Tower, and the bike from the Bike Shop.
    -Battled the trainers on Route 35 and in the National Park, obtaining the Quick Claw and giving it to Absol.
    -Did some more grinding, not wanting to lose to Whitney's Miltank. Croconaw evolved into Feraligatr (my team is a wee bit overleveled).
    -Battled the trainers in the gym and beat Whitney more easily than I have before. After she calmed down from her tantrum, I received the Plain Badge.

Stay tuned for part 2!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Syddy Claus' Challenge

Player: Noel
    Game: White
    Badges: 1

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Klippy / Aipom (m) lv. 15 @ Oran Berry
    Bounce, Shadow Claw, Tail Whip, Scratch

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Asche / Charmander (m) lv. 14 @ Oran Berry
    Dragon Dance, Ember, Outrage, Brick Break

Noel is a 19 year old who hails from Johto. His first Pokemon was an Aipom, given to him by a Pokemon Breeder named Luke. He named the Aipom after his best friend, Klippy, since Aipom happened to be his favorite. He has family that lives in Unova, however. And this year for Christmas, his family is traveling there instead of to his parents house in Johto. Not fond of leaving his home region of Johto, he rambles on about how he now dislikes Christmas, saying it's taking him away from his home. He's kinda of dumb though. It's not like he has to stay there forever. He dislikes Pokemon that are not native to his region or the neighboring Kanto region, and isn't comfortable upon his arrival to Nuvema Town. Unfortunately, he has a way to go before he reaches his relatives and must journey through this horrible region.

He finds that the people of Unova are very friendly. He received a Tepig from the local professor. He wasn't too pleased with it, and named it Charmander. He found out that it sucked. He also was given a Pansage by a stranger in a strange area called the Dream Yard. As soon as the first gym was defeated, he contacted a friend who traded him a Charmander, who he named Asche. Notably, one of Noel's favorite colors is red. But despite the color factor, he still preferred this Pokemon he was used to over that weird pig.

There's still a long way ahead of him, however. Hopefully this new region won't be as bad as he thinks it will be. But he's already put off by the fact that even though the Unovan people are kind, they think everyone is dumb. Seriously. Noel had to endure one of the worst tutorials of all kind. He thought he was going to go insane, and suddenly, he missed the weird guy that showed you how to catch Pokemon in Johto, and the guy from Cherrygrove that gives you his own shoes. But I'm sure our hero will be just fine!

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Actually scratch that, changing to a GBA game, less variety but easier to finish.

Going to move to LeafGreen:

Favorite - Nidoking
    White - Gardevoir
    Best Friends' Favorite - Ninetales
    Unexpected - Steelix
    Green - Flygon
    Unwanted - Victreebel

Update will be here soon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Update #2 is ready! I hadn't intended to do this already, but I was having too much fun to stop playing. I now have six badges, but I'm not stopping there.

-Got the Squirtbottle from the flower shop and used it to catch the Sudowoodo.
    -Went into Ecruteak City and entered the Burned Tower. Beat Draco in battle again and awakened the Legendary Beasts.
    -Went to the gym and beat Morty, earning the Fog Badge. Then I went to the kimono theater and beat the Rocket Grunt to earn HM03.
    -Traveled to Olivine City and ascended the lighthouse. On the way up, Swinub evolved in Piloswine. Talked to Jasmine and agreed to get some medicine for the lighthouse's Ampharos.
    -Surfed to Cianwood City and got the SecretPotion for Amphy. While I was there, I challenged the gym and won the Storm Badge, then received HM02 on the way out.
    -Returned to Olivine and delivered the medicine to Jasmine, then went to the gym and battled her. Earned the Mineral Badge and prepared for the next leg of my journey.

Update #3 will be coming soon!

Years
  • Username: Waters_Echo
    Game: Silver
    Team: (not entirely sure yet... soooo)
    Spoiler:

Alternately
    Spoiler:

ZeganZoma

The one that went insane
    Years
  • Might as well give this a shot.

Username: Zegan Zoma

Game: Soul Silver

Team: Green Pokemon: Tyranitar
    The present you don't want: Espeon
    Pokemon given to you in-game: Feraligator
    Your favorite Pokemon: Ninetales
    Your best friends favorite Pokemon: Amphiros
    The present you didn't expect: Crobat

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
    Years
  • Changes in Bold
    Spoiler:

And with that comes this update.
    Spoiler:

Time for work =\

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Syddy Claus' Challenge

Badges: 2

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Klippy / Aipom (m) lv. 24 @ Oran Berry
    Bounce, Tail Whip, Swift, Shadow Claw

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Asche / Charmeleon (m) lv. 23 @ Charcoal
    Ember, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Brick Break

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Pillow Pet / Swinub (f) lv. 12 @ Chesto Berry
    Icicle Crash, Bulldoze, Odor Sleuth, Tackle

Noel spent a while training up for the next badge in Nacrene City. Once again, he met nice people. One woman even gave him a Charcoal for his Tepig! But of course, he ended up giving it to Asche. He battled a nurse outside the forest and she even healed his team for him, and offered to do so whenever he needed. He never met anyone like that in his home region of Johto. Nevertheless, he still missed it, especially the Pokemon. He ran into some scary looking creatures as he prepared for Lenora's gym. Tympole, Throh...what were these things?

Once he found himself at a sufficient level, he took on the gym, which was strangely in a museum. Even stranger? It was a gym within a library within a museum! The gyms were nothing like this at home! And you know what's stranger? That N creeper. What is he? A Pokemon whisperer?I digress. Back to the gym...but there are no war stories for that because Asche's Brick Break and Klippy's Bounce took care of everything without a problem. There wasn't much challenge there, so Noel snidely thought the rest of this region would be the same. But after that, some weird people in knight-like outfits came and took a skull of a Pokemon fossil from the museum. The gym leader of Nacrene, Lenora, asked Noel if he'd help recover it, along with the help of a neighboring city's gym leader. His name was Burgh, and he dressed stranger than anyone Noel had every met.

He went to the PC and contacted his friend who had given him the Charmander, and told her about the weird Pokemon in Unova he had seen so far. He asked if she had any Johto Pokemon she could trade him. She sighed and reluctantly traded over an egg, which she said contained a Swinub. Noel excitedly ran outside, and then suddenly "winter" flashed above his head. And just like that, it was winter in Unova. I know, right?! A region with seasons!! He dashed around outside the forest a bit, hoping to get the egg warm enough to hatch, and surprise! Out hatched a cute little Swinub, who he named Pillow Pet. After training her up a few levels, he stood at the entrance to the forest, after Burgh urged him to come along as back up. Were these strange people perhaps...Team Rocket? I guess we'll find out next time.

Haru

Wolf Simp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    lol quick update.

1 badge. training at gym 2.

mewtwo 13
    spheal 13
    mudkip 6
    bulbasaur 9
    torchic 7
    pikachu 6

GGK

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    Username: GGK
    Game: Soulsilver
    Team: Gift; Typhlosion
    Green; Victreebel
    White; Butterfree
    Egg; Togekiss

Years
  • Waters_Echo,
    Trainer: Band
    Badges: Zephyr
    Pokemon:
    Bayleaf
    Kingler
    Togepi

Detail:
    Grinch;
    Bayleaf, male, lv.18, miracle seed
    -Attacks: Tackle, poisonpowder, barrier, razor leaf
    -Notes: Gift, obt. Prof.ELM, New Bark town; Defeated Violet gym (Solo)
    Roy;
    Kingler, male, lv.29, berry
    -Attacks: Bubble, stomp, leer, vicegrip
    -Notes: Red, obt. Old rod, Rt.32; Defeated Sprout tower (Solo)

--
    Togepi, male

-~-~-
    Then realise that Odd Egg is Crystal -`_-;
    Revise:
    electrode (didn't expect)
    kingler (red)
    meganium (present)
    xatu (green)
    piloswine and stantler?

Last edited:

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
  • Well, here's update five...
    Spoiler:

Ugh...I really hate it when I make short updates...

Years
  • Update #1. This is going to be fun.

Woot! Its the first update! LETS HAVE FUN! :D

-Prof.Birch our neighbor friendly ninja is here.
    -His Pokemon is a Lotad, We'll be using one.
    -Prof.Birch is now just boring us.
    -He doesn't know if we're a boy or a girl...
    -And Emboar was his name-o
    -Why do we always get turned into midgets?!? D:
    -OH BOY I CANT WAIT TO PLAY IN THE SNO...
    -WHERE'S THE SNOW MA?
    -This is Littleroot Town? IT SUCKS HERE!
    -ITS DERP O CLOCK
    -I missed my dad on Frosty the Snowman D:
    -Lets go find the ninja!
    -OH MY GOSH HIS WIFE IS HERE.
    -Um... Trick or treat? Sorry I'm a month late.
    -Ohhhhhhhhh She came up to us to say her daughter's forever alone.
    -Hohoho, Wait, she's not here so... OH SHINY RED BALL! I ALWAYS WANTED ONE FOR CHRISTMAS!
    -She doesn't know who I am. SOMEONE LACKS POKECOMMUNITY ON THE COMPUTER. lol
    -Merry Christmas? She left. Can i have your shiny ball? No? D:
    -OH NOES MR NINJA IS IN TROUBLE!
    -Torchic! GO!
    -2 HIT KO. It really is almost Christmas that we didn't have to put in any effort!
    -Lets go to the ninjas lair, which is OBVIOUSLY is NOT a lab. WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT?
    -Let's go find his daughter!
    -Kill a wurmple.
    -Kill a Pochyena and level up Torchic (Nicknamed Ryu)
    -Kill another Pochyena.
    -Hi May.
    -BATTLE ME.
    EMBOARTRAINER VS.
    MAY #1
    -Ryu used SCRATCH.
    -MUDKIP used TACKLE.
    -Ryu used SCRATCH.
    -MUDKIP used TACKLE.
    -Ryu used SCRATCH.
    -MUDKIP used TACKLE. KO.
    END OF BATTLE. MAY WINS.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Nooooooooo! I should have healed!
    -Killed a Wurmple. Ryu learned focus energy. USELESS.
    -Killed another Wurmple.
    -I SHALL KILL MAYS MUDKIP!
    EMBOARTRAINER
    VS
    MAY #1 Rematch
    -Ryu used SCRATCH.
    -MUDKIP used TACKLE.
    -Ryu used SCRATCH.
    -MUDKIP used TACKLE.
    -Ryu used SCRATCH.
    -MUDKIP used TACKLE.
    -Ryu used SCRATCH. KO.
    END OF BATTLE. EMBOAR WINS.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    -WOOHOO! END OF UPDATE 1.
    Ryu Lv 8 Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy.

Last edited:

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
    Years
  • Second Update:

Made my way to the first gym where used Krabby's low Sp. Attack and bubble to fight the geodudes. (Krabby was lvl 14 and had 11 in Sp. Attack:\) unfortunately Krabby got beaten by Nosepass so I used Stantler to finish up the fight.
    Saved the Goods and got to Dewford where I crushed the gym with a combination of Natu and Krabby.
    Did the Slateport stuff and got a Kings Rock from Pickup :D (Love Zigzagoon).
    I had a lot of trouble beating Watson but when Krabby finally learned Mud Shot I sweept the first 2 of Watson's pokemons and used Sneasel's Screech 2 times against Magneton before sending in Stantler to Stomp Magneton away.
    Saved near Fallarbor Town.

Team:
    Stantler lvl 25 @Silk Scarf
    Natu lvl 24 @King's Rock
    Krabby lvl 25 @Quick Claw
    Sneasel lvl 24 @Blackglasses

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Syddy Claus' Challenge

Badges: 3

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Klippy / Aipom (m) lv. 26 @ Eviolite
    Bounce, Screech, Swift, Shadow Claw

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Asche / Charmeleon (m) lv. 25 @ Charcoal
    Ember, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Brick Break

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Pillow Pet / Swinub (f) lv. 24 @ Quick Claw
    Icicle Crash, Bulldoze, Odor Sleuth, Tackle

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Talihina / Togepi (m) lv. 17 @ Exp. Share
    Sweet Kiss, Metronome, Nasty Plot, Charm

The crazy knight people that stole the skull was a team called Team Plasma. What they wanted, Noel didn't really understand. But he figured while he was in the forest, he might as well help Burgh and Lenora catch the thieves. Along the way through the forest, he met the most amazing Pokemon ever. Petilil. Why he didn't catch one, I don't know. Ask the author of this paragraph why he didn't pick to use it.

After that task was done, he went on to the next city. And boy, was it huge. Castelia City was like a maze. Even bigger than Goldenrod back in Johto. He explored the place, but of course, it took him a long time to get through. Once again, he found himself in the presence of kindness. He got more items than he knew what to do with. At least they made good presents for his Pokemon!

As he headed for the gym, Burgh ran out and claimed Team Plasma had done something again. Stealing live Pokemon now? Ugh. Noel was just ready to get the gym fight over with. So he helped Burgh, again, with Team Plasma. As he went on to the gym, he realized it was no wonder Burgh needed help from him. I mean...he sucked and had a terrible weakness to Fire, Poison, and Flying. Yikes.

Realizing the three Pokemon he had on hand weren't going to be enough to head into the desert he saw up ahead, he once again contacted his friend to send him an old partner, Talihina the Togepi. He wasn't trained up a lot, but Noel figured a Togetic would be a nice addition to his team. Plus white sure was a nice color!

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
  • Update number six!
    Spoiler:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Cyana - Lvl. 30 (Gifted)
    Syddy Claus' Challenge

Jaden - Lvl. 24 (Green)
    Syddy Claus' Challenge