• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Waters_Echo,
    Trainer: Band
    Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain
    Pokemon:
    Grinch;
    Meganium, male, lv.34, miracle seed
    -Attacks: Headbutt, poisonpowder, barrier, razor leaf
    -Notes: Gift, obt. lv.5 Prof.ELM, New Bark town; Defeated Violet gym (Solo)
    Roy;
    Kingler, male, lv.34, quick claw
    -Attacks: Bubble, stomp, attract, vicegrip
    -Notes: Red, obt. lv.10 Old rod, Rt.32; Defeated Sprout tower (Solo), defeated Azalea gym (Solo)
    Corgi
    Stantler, female, lv.34, berry
    -Attacks: stomp, headbutt, sand attack, hypnosis
    -Notes: Stantler, obt. lv.13, Rt.36; Defeated Goldenrod gym (Solo)
    --
    Togepi, male
    Bellsprout, male [HM]

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Second Update: Pokemon Diamond

Chapter 2:

I woke up to a bright morning. My stay in Jubilife had been pretty uneventful. I decided that it was time to mount my first gym battle. I walked through the Oreburgh gate, ignoring all the Geodudes I met. They would be needed later. I proceeded to the gym, but I found out that he is not there yet. My rival stands there, blocking the way like a silent sentinel. I looked for the leader, and found him, covered in soot in the mines. He demonstrated how to use the Rock Smash. He left in haste when I told him I have to battle him. I dawdled in the mines, training both Screech and Lee, and soon enough, they are ready. I proceeded to the gym, now open, and challenged the leader.

Spoiler:

He probably took a quick bath because he was clean when i battled him. His Geodude were no match for me, a Mach Punch taking it out. His Cranidos was a bit harder, taking two Mach Punches, and still surviving. His onix, however, nearly fainted my Lee. His defenses were a tad too high. Three Mach Punch, and still not down. I was forced to switch to Screech to give time to heal my Lee and, also, confuse the Onix. It fell down when he damaged himself. I won, but barely.

Spoiler:

I took the badge, and proceeded to Route 17. I trained them for a bit, and caught a Geodude. I immediately taught Rock Smash to him. I went back to Oreburgh gate, and got the TM Flash. I knew I will be going to use it later. I went back to Jubilife, seeing the professor in trouble. Dawn teamed up with me and we trashed the two Grunts harassing the professor. Afterwards, I heard Dawn rant about evolution and such. I continued my journey until I reached Floaroma Town.

Spoiler:

The town has a very flowery fragrance, and is good for the nose. However, I saw two grunts by the flower patch, talking. I ignored them. I proceeded to the next route, but then a child asked me to help his father. Oh boy, another job I don''t want to do. I went to the valley windworks, defeated the grunt there, went back to the flower valley to get the key from his cohorts, and defeated the gal from galactic, whose name I have forgotten.

Spoiler:

I decided to stay the night in floaroma town.

POKEMON:

Monferno "Lee" lvl. 18
    - Mach Punch
    - Taunt
    - Ember
    - Fury Swipes

Zubat "Screech" lvl. 14
    - Bite
    - Astonish
    - Leech Life
    - Supersonic

Years
  • First Update! Got up to 5 badges. (Stupid Norman was stupid)

Spoiler:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    For whatever reason, when I try to pokesav a Stantler onto my diamond, it treats it as traded, since I'm going to have to pokesav half of my team in, I don't really want to deal with them disobeying me for most of the game.

I'd like to change my game to Emerald and my team to Stantler, Swampert (gift), Regice (legendary), Absol (white) and Medicham (red). If that's okay.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Update #3 on White.
    • Beat Cheren and met Alder, then crossed the bridge to Driftveil City.
    • Outside the Cold Storage, I hacked in my legendary, Manaphy.
    • Cleared out Team Plasma from Cold Storage and taught Manaphy Scald and Grass Knot.
    • Took on the gym, and defeated Clay with Rudolph and Prickle.
    • Beat Bianca and got Fly, then headed up to Chargestone Cave.
    • Lucky Egg get! and Manaphy was trained here.
    • Arrived in Mistralton City after beating N again.
    • Grinded Holly to evolve her into Charizard, so I could Fly.
    • Winter arrived, so I was able to catch Artic the Cubchoo on Route 7.
    • Scaled the Celestial Tower and rang the bell.
    • Challenged the gym. Skyla was soloed by Manaphy - 2 Tail Glows, and swept with Scald and Grass Knot.
    • Beat Cheren and got Surf from Alder, and saved in Mistralton Cave.

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team Nick:

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Prickle the Bashful Maractus, ♀ - L35 @ Amulet Coin
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Moves: Giga Drain, Ingrain, Pin Missle, Acupressure

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Artic the Adamant Cubchoo, ♂ L35 @ Lucky Egg
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    Moves: Icy Wind, Slash, Brine, Dig

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Rudolph the Careful Stantler, ♂ - L35 @ Silk Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Return, Confuse Ray, Bulldoze, Flash

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Monarch the Modest Butterfree, ♀ - L26 @ Sharp Beak
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    Moves: Gust, Sleep Powder, Psybeam, Silver Wind

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Angel the Rash Manaphy - L36 @ Miracle Seed
    Ability: Hydration
    Moves: Scald, Surf, Grass Knot, Tail Glow

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Holly the Quiet Charizard, ♀ - L36 @ Charcoal
    Ability: Blaze
    Moves: Flame Burst, Dragon Claw, Dig, Fly

Slaves:
    Syddy Claus' Challenge

Patrat - Cut [boxed]

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I'm joining!

Game: Soul Silver!

Red: Kingler
    Gift: Meganium
    Hatch from Egg: Forretress
    Friend's Favorite: Gengar
    Pokemon I've Never Used Before: Furret

Last edited:

Haru

Wolf Simp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Another mini update

beat gym 3
    all pokemon 20+ yay xD

Years
  • Username: Itz spadezz
    Game: Soul Silver
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    I didn't come close to finishing Challoween, so I'm gonna work extra hard on this.

Username: Togetic997
    Game: Leaf Green
    Team:
    Red Pokemon: Magmar
    Green Pokemon: Venasaur
    Gift Pokemon: Porygon(if game corner pokes count)
    Ice Type: Cloyster
    This Lil' Guy: Zapdos
    This Big Guy: Starmie(Never used before)

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • I'm all for this!
    Username: Breezy.
    Game: Ruby
    Team:
    - Blaziken [Red]
    - Walrein [Ice type]
    - Scyther [Green]
    - Altaria [The present you didn't expect]​

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I did have a nice post with CSS but my browser quit when I was trying to post it.
    Syddy Claus' Challenge - Part 1
    • Started Silver, named myself Syddy.
    • Got Chikorita, nicknamed it Megan.
    • Got the Pokedex.
    • Beat the rival.
    • Named the rival Grinch.
    • Got to Violet City and got Flash.
    • Megan evolved.
    • Beat Falkner.
    • Got to Azalea Town and saved the Slowpoke.
    • Beat Grinch.
    • Beat Bugsy.
    Syddy Claus' Challenge

Christmas Team:
    Syddy Claus' Challenge

Megan (Bayleef) Lvl24.
    Moves:
    - Tackle
    - Poisonpowder
    - Razor Leaf
    - Synthesis

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • Since I'm having lots of ROM issues with Silver, I'll be moving to VW (Voltwhite), I'll be changing my team,due to more variety being offered.
    I'll be playing it via R4, I don't know if this qualifies as "emulator" or not, since I'll be working with ROM, but I don't think I'll need to hack anyway

Team:

Never used b4 - Xatu
    Gift - Samurott
    Legendary - Victini (Will have to hack in ticket)
    Red - Red Monkey (Simisear iirc)

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    Update #1
    • Started the game
    • Received Bulbasaur
    • Named it St Nick
    • Defeated rival
    • Received pokedex and pokeballs
    • Defeated rival again on Route 22
    • Cleared Viridian Forest
    • Arrived in Pewter City
    • Defeated Brock

Current Team:

St Nick Lvl. 16 (Ivysaur)
    Syddy Claus' Challenge

Badges: 1

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Dang. I was too busy the past week or so, and I couldn't update for a while. And I was just being lazy and frequently forgetting to upload screenshots. Whoop-dee-do.

Anyway, here's my first and final update:

Spoiler:

Final Team info stuff:
    Spoiler:

Finished! Took longer to update than to finish the challenge, since I finished it in a span of four days or so. Happy holidays!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Am a few days late in posting, but here is my final update.

-Gave Feraligatr, Piloswine, and Stantler Haban Berries to hold, then traveled to Mahogany Town, and from there the Lake of Rage. Captured the red Gyarados, and agreed to help Lance investigate the old radio signal forcing the lake's Magikarp to evolve.
    -Found the secret entrance to Team Rocket's hideout and fought my way in. After obtaining a couple of passwords and with the help of a friendly Murkrow, I helped Lance put a stop to Team Rocket's plans.
    -Fought my way through the gym and defeated Pryce, earning the Glacier Badge.
    -Did I say I foiled TR? It would seem I was premature. Professor Elm called and reported strange happenings at the Goldenrod City Radio Tower, so I hurried back there to find the villains had taken control of the tower and were broadcasting their odd signal. After using a disguise in an attempt to sneak in, I fought my way to the Station Manager's office, only to find he was a fake! Beat him and discovered the real Station Manager was being held in the underground. During my search I found an Amulet Coin, which I gave to Stantler.
    -Rescued the Station Manager and received a Card Key for the tower. Made my way to TR's new boss, Archer and defeated him after a tough battle. As a reward, the Station Manager gave me a Silver Wing. With TR beaten for good, I continued on my journey.
    -Made it through the Ice Path (where I found a NeverMeltIce for Piloswine and captured a Delibird) then into Blackthorn City, where after several tough battles, I battled and defeated Clair.
    -What do you mean you won't give me the Rising Badge? Clair wouldn't accept her loss and insisted I complete a task inside the Dragon's Den. After speaking to the Elder and passing his test, Clair still refused to give me my badge....until the Elder threatened to report her to Lance. She reluctantly handed me the badge and a TM. After speaking to the Elder again, I received a Dratini with ExtremeSpeed, then headed back to New Bark Town.
    -Impressed with my feats, Elm gave me a Master Ball and said that the Kimono Girls were waiting for me in Ecruteak City. After travelling there and beating them, they said they would be waiting for me at the Whirl Islands.
    -Traveled to the Whirl Islands and made my way to a dimly lit chamber, where the Kimono Girls awakened Lugia. After capturing it, I left the cave and headed on the last leg of the journey.
    -Traveled to and through Victory Road and, after beating Damien one more time, made it to Indigo Plateau. I trained my team until they were ready then entered League Headquarters. After shopping for healing items, I took a deep breath and entered the chamber of the Elite 4.
    -Will, Koga, Bruno and Karen put up a fight, but I came out on top. After a momeny of rest, I entered Lance's room....
    -It was my toughest battle,and half my time fainted, but in the end I had won and become the League Champion! Lance congratulated me, then led me into one final room where my team was inducted into the Hall of Fame.

So ends a fun challenge, and here I present proof of my victory.

Attachments

• Syddy Claus' Challenge
      IMAG0099.jpg
      820.6 KB · Views: 7

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
    Years
  • Third Update:

Interfered with Team Magma's plans and got to the 4th gym.
    I defeated Flanery with a team effort since Krabby/Kingler only had bubble and was dealing 5 times more damage with stomp against fire types.
    Traveled to Petalburg where I defeated Norman by using Sneasel to lower his pokemons defense following it up with Stomp from Kingler or Stantler.
    Helped out Watson to get TM 24 and taught it to Stantler.
    Made my way to the Weather Institute and messed with Team Magma again.
    Defeated May and saved.

Team:
    Stantler lvl 31 @Silk Scarf
    Natu lvl 32 @King's Rock
    Kingler lvl 32 @Quick Claw
    Sneasel lvl 30 @Blackglasses

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • First update!

• Named myself Regina and picked Chikorita and named it Lancelot. Did all the boring beginning of the game stuff.
    • Defeated the Rival and named him Uther.
    • Caught a Sentret and named it Merlin.
    • Beat Joey's top percentage Rattata
    • Went to the Sprout Tower and caught Joker the Gastly
    • Defeated Falkner with Merlin alone
    • Traversed Union Cave, saved the Slowpoke, and beat Uther again (after which Merlin evolved into Furret!)
    • Did some grinding outside of Union Cave and evolved Lancelot into Bayleef!
    • Beat Bugsy's Gym with Joker and Merlin
    • Caught them damn Farfetch'd, taught Lancelot Headbutt and caught a female Pineco I named Versailles
    • Spent an hour fishing on the next Route and finally found a Krabby I named Morgana
    • Dumped Versailles into the Daycare with a Ledyba and got another Pineco I named Versailles from the Egg
    • Now beating all the trainers around Goldenrod to prepare for that damn Miltank

Syddy Claus' Challenge

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • Update 1
    • Started the game
    • Picked Charmander
    • Defeated rival
    • Received pokedex and pokeballs
    • Cleared Viridian Forest
    • Arrived in Pewter City
    • Defeated Leader Brock