• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Synchronoise useless on Umbreon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • I've beaten the main game in X&Y and now I'm playing around with breeding and the Battle Maison. A move that I wanted to test out is Synchronoise. It looks really strong for Horde leveling and 3 vs 3 battles.

Does the move Synchronoise count as a Psychic attack? It looks like one of those abilities that might work differently. I was going to play around with it on Eevee + evolutions, but when I considered the merits of Umbreon having it, I had to stop and wonder. Since Dark types are immune to Psychic attacks.... yeah.

My hope is that the attack only cares about types matching on the attacker and "targets", and not about the actual move type itself.

Years
  • According to Smogon, it deals psychic-type damage, and it will only affect dark type pokemon, who won't be affected because it's psychic damage.

I wouldn't be giving special attacks of non-dark types to an Umbreon in the first place, though.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Synchronoise only hits the Pokemon that are the same type as the user, not the move itself. So, on Umbreon it is basically Splash without the funny animation. Either way, there are much better and stronger moves that hit multiple Pokemon, so I wouldn't bother with Synchronoise.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Right now I am using the Payback/Curse/Moonlight/Toxic build on her quite successfully. Was more curious as to how the move worked more than anything else. Thanks for the quick answers!

If I want an AoE on her, I can always use Snarl... even though she's Adamant -.-;

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Synchronoise only hits same types and not many pokemon can learn it and Synchro noise is counted as psychic type so it will not affect any dark type. It would be viable for the other special attacking eeveelutions( Jolteon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Sylveon) Excluding espeon because it will be resisted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back