• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SytheXP's Sprite Warehouse

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
Years
Rally nice sprites. Try improve the outline of the scratch sprites. I can't fault you on your dp sprites. Amazing. In future could you just edit the first post. Thanks!

Years
Xero looks very much like Neku Sakuraba. :| Just saying.

For the female character considering that you used so little back for the outlines I'm quite confused with the solid black outline for the yellow backpack and headphones.
Same goes for Tropic Scythe's black outlined white pants.
Lapras girl has 90% solid black outline, except one wonky hand which has no outline and a little of her chest.
Dusk's white bands too.
Basically you've got an over abuse of black, even though some sprites don't show this problem. It's only the ones that have heavy editing, and for me I know I'd rather not have my trainers have a large sign they are edited.

Your last set of trainers shows a somewhat overuse of black, mostly the second one, but it looks a bit better. That girl is going to fall over if she's by herself by the way. You don't separate couples, they lean on each other too much. :3
I was trying to look at all the others you put in that post but I think photobucket ate it. There is no clarity. D:

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
Xero looks very much like Neku Sakuraba. :| Just saying.

my exact thoughts

first thing when i saw that orange hair and headphones, mind mind screamed ''NEKUUUUUUUUUUU 8O!!''

same color scheme and all, >3<
as for it, the outlines are a bit too light colored on the hair, which btw, you need to work on the shading, the highlights, are fine, but it still looks a bit flat

customtrainers002.png

These
specifically the first two, don't have enough shading,
the first has too much black outlining, the outlines should get darker as you move away from the light source

heres my two cents
don't spend it all in one place ya' hear? >:

Last edited:

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Thanks for your input. Might work on those depending on if I still plan to use them or not. Also Added 3 new items to the first post. I will be reorganizing my thread here soon seeing as I plan to add more sprite/pixel works. The 3 new things are mug shots from my game I am working on, they are wip. Please let me know what you think :)

Back