• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] [T] Dusk Til Dawn: An Orre Story

What's your preferred method for Colosseum Battles?

• Bunnying the Colosseum yourself

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Working with the GM on the Lord battles

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Some other option

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Dusk Til Dawn: An Orre Story
    GM: PastelPhoenix (aka the guy posting this)

OOC / IC

It has been 20 years since the actions of Wes, Rui, and Micheal have driven off Cipher and their Snagem allies, and in that time Orre has blossomed into a diamond within the harsh desert. Life has improved in the rougher parts of the region, crime is at a new low, and the construction of new settlements with highways and organized roads between them have spurred on a new sense of unity among the people of Orre. The influence of the other regions has also lead to the creation of a Pokemon league, but with Orre's own twist, The Colosseum Games.
    -
    But this progress has not come without resistance. Over the years many people have tried to recreate the past glory days of Cipher, but none have been able to fully replicate the Shadow Pokemon process, and most have resorted to lesser schemes before falling apart again. The vast majority of the groups have posed no real threat, however something is lurking just beneath the surface of Orre once more. There have been occasional reports of Pokemon with dark auras similar to the old Shadow Pokemon, and trainers are reporting that their Pokemon are being stolen once again. No group has come forward to claim that they have recreated the Shadow Pokemon or made new Snag Machines. For now these are treated as just rumors, but if the reports are true, it seems dark times may come to Orre once again.

MAP

Link because it is too big for Pokecommunity

Key in Spoilers
    Spoiler:

So What Are We?
    Besides trainers? You're one of the few remaining people who hold a Snag Machine outside of the police. How you may have acquired it is entirely your business; you may be part of the front rescuing stolen Pokemon, an ex-member of one of the Snagem revivals, or you may have even just found it on the ground. What really matters is that you are one of the only people who may be able to liberate shadow Pokemon once again.

But liberating is not the reason for this journey, and you may not even know about the Shadow Pokemon rumors to start with. The Colosseum Games are in full swing, and with the Grand Colosseum Tournament on the horizon and the title of Colosseum King is about to be up for grabs once more. But in order to even compete, you'll need to collect a badge from each of the Colosseum Lords.

The Colosseum Games
    One of the biggest changes to Orre in the years following Cipher's fall is the introduction of the Colosseum Games. A unified League of all Orre's Colosseums has formed, setting formal rules and a singular goal for the colosseums. At it's core, the Colosseum Games are a public spectacle, a form of entertainment for everyone. Colosseum battles are open to the public, unlike many Gyms in other regions, and during Tournament season the stands tend to be packed. Also unlike the Gyms, Colosseums have qualifying conditions before you can even face the Lord of that particular Colosseum. The conditions change from Colosseum to Colosseum, from as simple as winning two matches against the Lord's staff, to running a maze or completing an obstacle course while you battle. Each Lord sets their own rules (with approval from the League), and some of just want to put on the best, most elaborate show possible. And although it is run for entertainment purposes, each Colosseum Lord is a top trainer in their own regards, and the title of Colosseum King is a title that holds as much prestige as Champion does in other regions.

Gathering Pokemon
    Despite the many advances elsewhere, Orre is still a desolate and barren land as far as wild Pokemon goes. Catching Pokemon is a different task here compared to many other journeys, and there is no definite way to obtain them. Currently there are three major ways to obtain Pokemon in Orre.

Poké Spots
    The most similar to catching Pokemon in other regions. Certain areas of Orre are home to small pockets of wild Pokemon. Poké Spots are few and far between, but they are free and offer the ability to catch any Pokemon found in the spot. Poké Spots have grown since last seen, with a few new ones popping up with a greater variety.

Import Shops
    The preferred method of most trainers in Orre. Large stores have opened up that import Pokemon from other regions that are then released in simulated environments for trainers to catch, for a fee. Import Shops have taken Orre by storm and have popped up in all major towns, with some even located on busy roads. The biggest draw of the stores are convenience as a wider variety of Pokemon than what can be found in Poké Spots, but trainers are limited by what they can afford, as well as what they can stock. The Pokemon still have to battled within these stores, so don't just expect them to hand you a Pokeball and be done with it.

Missions/Shadow Pokemon
    This is a Colosseum RP after all. Some... less than scrupulous trainers have received Pokemon with sealed hearts. These Pokemon appear in missions where rumors of certain trainers and particularly wild Pokemon exist. This is the most restrictive method of gaining Pokemon, but also the cheapest and most abundant. Shadow Pokemon are either set to a specific few Pokemon, or a general idea (i.e. Grass Starter) that is hinted at in the mission, but not outright stated. The reveal of the actual Pokemon up for grabs only comes from after you've accepted and confirmed the mission via PM (but really, I hope the hints aren't too vague, and I may end up having a few similar Pokemon offered like a "round Pokemon as tough as living stone" being a choice of Geodude, Roggenrola, or Carbink). Other Pokemon can be gained from mission in non-shadow mode also.

The Cleanser

It was said that there used to exist an ancient stone pillar in the forest around Agate that if one approached with a sincere heart and a desire to right past wrongs, the person could find a second chance.

That stone is long gone, destroyed by Cipher in a last bid for power, but in it's place was developed the Cleaner.

This device itself is simple, a small handheld device with two wires that lend in a small metal rod. Both trainer and Pokemon take one of the rods, and when the device is activated, the healing begins anew. Old wounds close, and doors previously thought closed and locked open once more.

How the device works is a mystery to all but those who have developed it, but it's results are undeniable.

Rules:

Standard rules apply here (no bunnying without permission, missions are more of a guideline than binding, don't be a jerk, etc.)

Some more specific rules to this RP are:

Purifying Shadow Pokemon take a little time to bond and get the Pokemon to trust again. It isn't something that will happen in a few posts. Also just ask if you want to know if it's a good time for purification.

Shadow Pokemon in this RP, much like Colosseum, don't evolve until they're purified.

Levels and stats aren't tracked for simplicity sake, and the TM, HM, Move Tutor, and Level Up move pools are condensed into one pool that you can use, with a limit of 6 moves learned. You can decide at what pace they learn moves, just be fair with it (You shouldn't have Last Resort after your first post).

Please don't try to snag random Pokemon. It's illegal and this is a more good aligned RP (or at least good motives). If there is enough interest there can be an RP from the other side, but this one isn't it.

Other than that, have fun.

Misc.
    I do kind of want to make this close to tradition journey as you can make Orre, while still keeping it Orre, and obviously this proposal isn't 100% finished.

Like most RPs I've seen, no real keeping levels or stats for Pokemon, they learn moves at a time that seems appropriate and evolution just needs GM approval.

Shadow Pokemon are left in the hands of the players once they are acquired. Standard Shadow Pokemon rules apply (Frenzy Mode blocks non-shadow attacks, Cannot Evolve until purified), and like evolution, purification is up to the player with GM approval.

Building on purification, players have a purification device (name not decided yet) in addition to their Snag Machine. It can purify Pokemon whenever they are ready, so no need to use a set location like the actual game.

In true Colosseum form, your starters are as follows:

Spoiler:

Although I'm not keeping track of levels, the Pokemon do roughly start around level 15.

Name:

Home Town:

Appearance: (What they look like and wear. Pictures appreciated, but at least one paragraph on top of it.)

Personality: What do they like? What don't they like? What are some positive/negative traits about them? What are their goals, interests, and dreams?

Brief History: (Who was your character before they left on their journey? What is their family life like? Any significant events that shaped them into who they are now?)

Other: (anything else you want to add):

Chosen Starter, Nickname, Moveset, and Gender: (An egg move may be included in this.)

Pokémon's appearance: Is there something about your starter that makes it different from others of its kind?

Roleplay Sample: Give me a small section of work that shows how you write. It can either be something new or from an existing RP.

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Also might have to break my own rules and make a character for myself. Since I'm the one making the missions I'll probably either pick an unused one or pick one randomly if they've all been picked, just to make things fair.

doge

???
    Years
  • gonna get around to writing a character later but i'm curious as to whether the starter options are eeveelutions and an eevee

or eevees that will evolve into a unique eeveelution

PastelPhoenix

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    gonna get around to writing a character later but i'm curious as to whether the starter options are eeveelutions and an eevee

or eevees that will evolve into a unique eeveelution

I don't have unique evolutions for the eeveelutions beyond what is already there, it's mostly just flavor and following the Colosseum trend. Colosseum drops you into someone who already a seemingly seasoned trainer with both an Espeon and an Umbreon at level 25 and 26 respectively, and XD started you with a less seasoned trainer with an Eevee at level 10. My choice of starters is more of a homage to the starters of the previous game, while the level they start at is to allow you to make someone who either has some trainer experience like Wes of Colosseum, or may still be relatively new like Michael of XD.

Also, can anyone let me know if the starter pokemon section has disappeared for anyone else? The dropdown is leading to nothing for me. It may just currently be some security settings on the computer I'm using, however.

doge

???
    Years
  • i probably should've worded it better but i was just wondering why eevee was an option when all the eeveelutions were already options but ok i can see why you did that now

also the dropdown is fine for me

PastelPhoenix

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    i probably should've worded it better but i was just wondering why eevee was an option when all the eeveelutions were already options but ok i can see why you did that now

Ah, I missed that part of the question initially. Besides homage I also wanted it to just be an option as part of a character story (such as what to evolve it into), are indecisive currently, or maybe they just want some moves Eevee learns that the evolutions don't (like an umbreon with Baby Doll Eyes).

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years

• Sashaclothes_zpssx9pismz.png

Name: Sasha Howlett

Home Town: Snowpoint City
    Sasha_zps308gtalp.gif

Appearance: Sasha stands at 5'6, making her taller than your average female her age, though still not considerably tall. She has icy blue hair that has, apparently, never been cut, as it glides down past her hips. Her eyes seem to serve as a contrast to that vibrantly colored hair, as they are a dull, steely grey. Sasha seems to greatly admire Riley, a well known trainer from her home region, as she wears a hat that appears near identical to his own. Her dress is simple; generally wearing a black tank top covered by a deep blue jacket, and a pair of blue and black shorts . No matter the occasion, Sasha wears a pair of run down brown hiking boots, which she seems almost unnaturally attached to.

Personality: Sasha lies somewhere between being incredibly brave and an incredible danger to herself. That is to say that she craves danger and the unknown, running full speed ahead into situations that could very possibly be hazardous to her health. On the Bright side; she has very good instincts and seems to have a flare for getting herself and others out of these situations…Unfortunately; these instincts and reflexes seem to have overtaken the 'let's think this through' part of her brain. Sasha will ram into an electrified fence over and over, being electrocuted each time, but swearing that one more powerful force will break the fence, rather than ramming it once, realizing this is a dangerous idea, and searching for a way around said fence. Sasha (if you can get past what many consider to be extreme intensity) is a friendly person, and a pretty decent listener. Sasha has found she likes cooking, despite the fact that cooking involves a lot of waiting. She also inherited her father's love of motor vehicles, and gets a real thrill out of riding her motorcycle through the Orre desert at top speed (someone might want to put speed limits out there, then again, how many people even live out here?)

As for goals, Sasha's current one is to rise to the top of the Coliseum. She loves to battle, even going as far as to say she 'lives for it.' While she's a very 'in the now' type person, she does have a long term goal of traveling far and wide enough to see every legendary Pokémon—though she won't admit it (who would take her seriously?)

Brief History: Before leaving on her journey to Orre, Sasha attempted to make it as a Pokémon Ranger, unfortunately, she did not make it through the Academy. While she was athletic enough, and more than willing to be placed in the dangerous situations the job asked for, her inability to think logically in threatening situations made her superiors question how long she would live on the job.

'You're brave, and that's good, but a Ranger has to know how to use her head—as something besides a way to break glass.'

Sasha's family is a small one; consisting of just herself and her parents. Her mother is a fashion designer, who makes outfits based on Pokémon, claiming Pokémon and trainer should always 'match.' Her father is a simple mechanic, though in his youth he, too, traveled Orre to take on the Coliseum challenge. It is her father's stories of his many adventures and many battles that inspired Sasha to head for the Orre region.
    When Sasha was nine, her family moved from Snowpoint City to Goldenrod City, Johto, for her mother's career. Sasha, always yearning to explore, often spent her afternoons in the routes surrounding the large city. One day she decided she would trek all the way to Violet City, and swears that while crossing route 36 she caught a glimpse of the Legendary Entei running by her. While everyone she told reassured her that what she saw was the product of a Stantler's illusion, it filled Sasha with a determination to find Entei again—to find all the Legendary Pokémon, not to capture, no, just to see them, in all their might and glory.

Chosen Starter: Glaceon (Yukina) Female
    Sasha_zpsay7furqr.png

Moveset: Quick Attack, Icy Wind, Sand Attack, Bite

Pokémon's appearance: Yukina's 'headpiece' is a slightly lighter shade of blue than most Glaceon.

Roleplay Sample: Here~

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I will also be working on an SU! I was thinking this wouldn't be out for a bit, so I'm so hyped to see this out now!

Edit: SU is complete!

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
    Desmond Allen

The beautiful region of Orre

Home Town: The Under, Orre

Appearance: Standing at a scrawny-looking 6'0, Desmond doesn't look like anything special. He heavily prefers to wear darker clothing, going for a punk/rock hybrid look. This was heavily influenced by his childhood friend Daro, someone he always looked up to, even though Desmond was older by a few months. Around his neck, he wears a necklace with blue and red gems in the middle. This was a symbol of his friendship with Daro, the first item they ever stole together. Daro has the other necklace in the pair with the blue and red in opposite positions. Lastly, Desmond carries a light bag for various personal belongings, spare clothes, and the Snagem Machine that he will put on once his mission begins and will be situated on his right arm from that point on.

Personality: Desmond tends to fall somewhere in between being a man of action and one of patience. He prefers to think things through fully before diving in. He sees no reason to just put himself in a chaotic situation without at least thinking of ways to get out of it first. Yet, he also understands not overthinking things and losing out on even getting a chance to dive in or worse make it so he has doubt in himself. Desmond understands the middle ground of the two and has been practicing it for years.

Desmond is also a very capable leader due to his years as a mission exec, though that was for nefarious means, and now as a "captain" of sorts with the police and head of his missions. Though he has these good qualities, Desmond also has some Achilles Heels. Namely, his soft spot for his friends, especially Daro and Hecate, his Umbreon. When either of them are in trouble or the like, it causes Desmond to forget what he;s learned and began to master, leading to hasty decisions and a breakdown in his mental composure. Desmond also has issues with going back to The Under for a couple different reasons. The first being he hasn't seen his parents in years and doesn't know what they will think of him and the other being that that was where he was separated from Daro. This latter part brings back too many of the great memories and all of the bad as well and Desmond doesn't feel he is capable of facing the underground city where he grew up.

In terms of goals, Desmond has two. First, he wants to identify the threat and bring them down. After learning and believing in the true power of Pokemon, Desmond can't stand those who try to make Shadow Pokemon by forcing wild Pokemon into the state or worse steal Pokemon from their trainers. The second is much more personal, he is on a mission to find his best friend Daro. It has been 5 years since they last saw each other and Desmond hasn't heard a peep from him. He is worried about his best friend and must find him. Not only that he must teach Daro all about what he has learned and help him turn away from the life crime that Daro has only ever known.

Brief History: Growing up in The Under wasn't the most ideal environment for a child, even after Cipher was taken down and the Kids Network rose up. There was still plenty of shady business going on and various petty crimes. This is where Desmond comes in. He had very loving parents but each day he would sneak out of the house to get away from them and have some time on his own. It was during one of these adventures he met Daro, another kid about his age, 10 or so, who was always getting into trouble of some kind. Surprisingly the two of the them hit it off and began spending much more time together, robbing local shops of food and other items or vandalizing one of the buildings in the city.

During one of their "adventures" they were approached by a man who claimed to be starting and finishing what Cipher couldn't do. The kids were perplexed but intrigued. They had heard of Cipher and their plan with Shadow Pokemon and Team Snagem. The man went on to explain they were looking for new recruits to the organization. As a sign of faith, the man gave each of the kids a Pokemon, an Eevee for Desmond and a Rhyhorn for Daro. The kids graciously accepted the gifts and agreed to help the man.

For the next two years, Desmond and Daro worked as a team, doing various missions such as stealing Pokemon, gathering resources from labs and battling anyone who stood up to them. Quickly, the two of them rose through the ranks until they were both mission execs in the organization, deciding what missions were to be prioritized and such. Disaster struck though after an anonymous tip alerted the police to the organization's location, leading to the capture of most of the members, including Desmond. Daro, however managed to escape with a few other grunts. It didn't matter though, the organization was dead.

Fast forward 5 years, Desmond was sent to a reform school in Phenac City, where he learned about the true power of Pokemon, why Shadow Pokemon did not unlock Pokemon's true power and why what each of them did was wrong. After being unsure of what he was being taught, Desmond grew to understand and even accept it. Soon he was helping the teacher to advocate to the other students about the evils of Shadow Pokemon and the organizations creating them. Having kept a close eye on the reform school and its students, the chief of police in the region was intrigued by Desmond and his Eevee and decided that it was time for a change for the teenager. Desmond was now being tasked with helping the police and the region as a whole identify other threats in the region similar to Cipher and deal with them. He was given sole leadership and would be trusted that he would make the correct decisions.

Fast forward a couple of months to present day and a new threat seems to have been identified but little information is available. Desmond has been tasked by the Chief to identify who this group is and bring them to justice.

Other: Desmond's Eevee evolved into an Umbreon shortly after being released from the reform school. Desmond's Snagem machine was given to him right before being sent to deal with the unidentified threat.

Starter Pokemon:
    umbreon.gif
    (Hecate)
    Moveset: Quick Attack/Confuse Ray/Feint Attack/Wish

Pokémon's appearance: The ring on its right ear is a light blue instead of the typical yellow

Roleplay Sample: There ya go!

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Going to start work on my own character here.

Name: Ryuhei "Ryu" Martelle

Home Town: Halite Town

Appearance: *Can't find an image I like* Ryu, like almost all citizens of his small mining town, has an almost permanent tan from his time in the desert sun. His hair is dark and kept cropped short, usually hidden away under his old beige baseball cap. His face makes him seem to be in a permanently in a bad mood, which is not that far off, but persists even when he is really feeling nothing at all. His figure is tall and intimidating, matching his often sour face.

He most often wears tank-top shirts or other light clothing fitting for the desert. All of his pants are a little ragged from the rocky terrain of his town, but he never really sees the need to replace them if they're just going to get ragged again in a week. He has two articles of clothing he almost always wears, his aforementioned cap and an old snagem jacket with the gang's symbols removed.

Personality: Ryu has the look and reputation of a thug, and an attitude that doesn't help. He has a strong sense of pride and self, and is not afraid of confrontation. He often misunderstands people and can carry a grudge for a long time. However, when the misunderstanding clears up he often goes overboard on the apologies. He cares deeply about the few he calls his friends, although he is slow to trust.

He does very much enjoy comedy (that isn't at his expense), and is often loud when enjoying himself. Friendly Pokemon are easy ways to get him to relax also, and he often pampers Annette. The two things he hates the most, however, are manipulators and Cipher, mostly due to him and his families history with them.

Brief History: Ryu is the son of an ex-Snagem member, and his families ties to the group are not secrets by any standard. Although Ryu had no experience with the group himself, he grew up on stories of its past from his father, who blamed the fall of Snagem on Cipher influence and the organization's involvement in shadow Pokemon. His father left for the fledgling town of Halite to escape the group after it finally fell with a young Ryu.

Ryu never really fit in with most people due to his familial associates and was a pariah for most of his youth. He was often in fights as a kid, both as the defender or the aggressor if he felt his family was being insulted. Despite all this, he still maintained a few close friendships, although an event when he was twelve changed that. During that year one of the Snagem comebacks occurred, basing themselves out of Halite. Ryu's father was suspected of being part of the resurgence, and those rumors tricked down to Ryu, who soon found a wedge between him and his friends. The rumors mostly died down when his father began fighting Snagem with the town, although whispers still existed behind closed doors and the damage to Ryu's friendships could not be repaired.

In his teens he stopped trying to defend his image, growing more cynical about the people around him. His cynicism deepened after the passing of his mother, a sickly person who's condition was not helped by the mines of Halite. Ryu discovered an Eevee he would later name Annette wandering around the town's outskirts not long after his mother's death, in poor health and still wearing some Cipher identification tags. He took her in and helped raise her while receiving battling instruction from his father, in case Cipher ever came back and he was not around to protect either of them. Although rumors that he stole Annette or was mistreating her in some way were abundant at first, eventually the bond between the two of them overpowered the rumors, especially after her evolution into Sylveon. Their relationship eventually helped a few more people warm up to Ryu, and although he approached cautiously at first he did eventually find a few friends once again.

Now Ryu is out to prove himself and his father's innocence once more, this time on a global stage. After saving up a bit of money, he decided to leave home and take part in the Colosseum games to grab the attention of Orre. Although his father's old wounds are catching up to him, Ryu did manage to receive his blessing to go and two pierces of what he calls his inheritance: his father's old Snagem jacket and a portable Snag machine retrieved from the Halite raid on the Snagem base all those years ago, and was hidden from the town.

Other: (anything else you want to add):

Chosen Starter:
    sylveon.png

Nickname: Annette
    Moveset: Helping Hand, Fairy Wind, Quick Attack, Fake Tears

Pokémon's appearance: Annette's ribbon colors are reversed.

Roleplay Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9305581&postcount=4

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Ohhh, finally someone does one of these.

Name: Kenji Takeshi (His Known Name), AKA "The Ninja"

Age: Kenji is 17, however, some people hint he is 16 or 18.

Home Town: He actually is from Fuschia City, but lived at points in Celadon City and The Snagem Hideout.

Appearance: Kenji has a navy jacket with a hoodie with navy colored t-shirt under it. He is tall, mostly 1,89 Meters, and is quite pale. Kenji has navy blue hair, and Green Eyes. He wears navy blue jeans and black sneakers. Some see him with gloves at times. And at times, he brings an "indestructible" "retractable" metal-ish billiard cue. It's purposes are unknown, possibly for self defense. His hair is always in a mess, possibly because he can't put it right. The hair is always covering the Left Eye. Kenji carries around a bag (like the B2 and W2 main items bag.) to carry things he find. He has an old silver looking Badge (Looks like the Soul Silver Symbol) with him on his pockets.

Personality: Kenji likes being all "Sneaky", and even pulling tricks on others, the reason he is called "The Ninja". He also likes when things go on his way, signaling that he was successful at something. What he truly likes, is to have some time to sleep.

Kenji, however, dislikes beings judged by what he is or by his past. He also dislikes taking orders. What he hates most, is when someone takes something that is his, or when someone gets in his way.

Kenji is agile. Very Agile. His agility is a positive trait, making him able to evade a lot of fast projectiles. Skilled at being sneaky and fast, Kenji is able to sneak in places heavily guarded and escape without being noticed. However, Kenji is reckless, and is physically weak, meaning that he not only strikes without thinking at times, but also can go down with a punch. And, not only, he is stubborn, as he sometimes disobeys superiors of his. Despite that, Kenji has a good heart.

Honestly, Kenji's objective is to turn over a goddamn leaf. The interests in the snag machine... Are actually the same. He pretends to use it to make himself look good a good person and turn over that leaf. Though, his dream is one and only one. Finish a group of thieves, and then finish Cipher. While Kenji is not entirely/heavily interested in it, he wants to take the Colosseum Challenge.

Brief History: Kenji Takeshi. Born in Fuchisia. At his 2 year old, he was abandoned and left in the streets, leaving him to his destiny. Until a woman took him in. Her name was Lola Sakura, and treated him as he was his own child. Most of his life was happy, and he had a family.

Suddenly, when Kenji turned 8, he ran away from home, after discovering he was adopted. He started living on the streets alone, and learned how to steal. He then travels his way to Celadon City, and joins a group of thieves called "The Typhoon Thieves" or "The Silver Typhoons", leaded by a guy known by "The Silver Typhoon.", and kept growing up with them.

A few years later, when Kenji is exactly 12 years old, he had grown quite the reputation as a thief, and even made to the "Top 10: Dangerous Outlaws", making himself at 6th, along with his boss. Celadon was his oyster, and he kept stealing despite the increase of security. At the age of 14, during a planned bank robbing by the group, a group of Snagem revived members joined in, and planned to do their heist. Despite the clash of two outlaws groups ending up in most of the bank's destruction, Kenji had no Pokemon, and ended up being taken away as one of the hostages... None of "The Silver Typhoons" ever heard of him again, and even his disappearance was said in the news...

After these events, Kenji was forced to become a Snagem Member, if he wanted to live. Allowed to keep his outfit, Kenji started his training, and eventually became a successful Snagem Member... But... He started to regret every mistake he made. He then planned a plan... When he turned over 17, he took a Leafeon from the hideout, and even stole a Snag Machine from it, leaving in the middle of the night, and making possibly a ruckus in the base on the morning. From There, you guys know the story...

Other: Kenji actually was one of the higher ups in "The Silver Typhoons". Like the others, after accomplishing a great objective he would receive a Pokemon, meaning he had to make the Bank Heist Successful to get himself a Pokemon, but ended up getting kidnapped. Since he got kidnapped during the Bank Heist, he failed the mission, and ended up not receiving a Pokemon like the others, which was a Snivy. His starter still is Leafeon, which is the closest he has to a Snivy.

Chosen Starter: Leafeon -
    HuWcrsq.png

Nickname: Leafy
    Moveset: Razor Leaf, Quick Attack, Covet, Helping Hand

Pokémon's appearance: Leafy is quite different. As seen as above, she has autumn-ish color. However, Leafy has a little more. She has a orange, more pushed a bit to the red, eyes. She has the paws at that same color too. Sometimes, she is seen with an orange ribbon on her ear.

Roleplay Sample: The Following Roleplay Sample is a random bit that i wrote that, while not describing Kenji, is to just make my approval. I hope you like.

Spoiler:

I hope you liked it. Sorry for the lack of CSS, but i can't put one cause i don't know how ~_~

Last edited:
    Years
  • Aaaand done.

Sign-Up Sheet

Name: Mick Parker

Home Town: Lilycove City

Appearance: Mick stands around 5'10", with long, mop-like black hair. He tends to wear bright colors, particularly red, yellow, light blue, white, and green. He likes to dress stylishly... or at least stylishly by his definition, which sometimes involves wearing what he claims is some kind of "forward-looking" outfit that no sensible person would be caught dead in. He also wears black boots all the time.

Personality:

Mick prefers Pokemon that hit hard and fast, and look just as ridiculous "stylish" as him. This what drew to his mutated Flareon (see below): it looks awesome and completely wrong at the same time. Things he dislikes are boring-looking, slow Pokemon that seem to exist merely to absorb incredible amounts of damage. Some rather apparent negative traits he has are his impatience and impulsiveness, which can lead to some regrettable decisions being made, and the irritation of everyone around him. He also tends to be rather loud and tactless, which can occasionally be a positive, but is usually a negative. The one positive he could be said to have is trying to the right thing - at least in his estimation.

His current goal is to become the best Trainer in the world, something he pursues with a single-minded zeal.

Brief History: (Who was your character before they left on their journey? What is their family life like? Any significant events that shaped them into who they are now?)

Mick grew up in Lilycove City, the largest city in Hoenn (actually, that's a lie; it's Mauville City, but Mick tells people that Lilycove is bigger). It was there that his personality of being loud was formed, since you had physically and metaphorically shout to be heard in the sprawling metropolis. He received his Eevee when he was 11, and, combined with his love of flair, he was practically a natural on the Contest circuit in Hoenn, with his cute Eevee impressing the crowd with the routines designed by Mick, all the more impressive based on its simplicity. However, he was told during his run that his Eevee (nicknamed at the time "Lester") would become better if it evolved, so Mick ignorantly applied a Fire Stone to his Eevee, evolving into a Flareon... that was blue for no apparent reason. Suddenly, nobody thought Lester was cute, but that he was a freak, and roughly the same shift in attitude became projected toward Mick himself. For the next several years, he withdrew, occasionally participating in a Contest in his hometown but otherwise absent, even from his own parents' lives.

Of course, within every large city is an dark underbelly no one wants to talk about, and Lilycove was no different. During his relative disappearance, Mick became intimately familiar with this portion of the city, an experience he would later come to regret. However, he did find one thing worthwhile: a mysterious, glove-like device. It looked very strange, looking very mechanical and computerized. After asking around about it, he discovered it was something called a Snag Machine, a machine capable of overriding the connection a Pokemon has with its Poke Ball and "snagging" it from its rightful owner... or non-rightful owner, as Mick realized. He ended up keeping it, even taking it to Orre with him when he moved there to get a fresh start. On the boat ride over he even renamed Lester "Blueflame", on account of the Flareon's odd coloration.

Chosen Starter, Nickname, Moveset, and Gender: Flareon (Blueflame), Male
    Moves
    - Helping Hand
    - Tackle
    - Tail Whip
    - Ember
    - Quick Attack
    - Detect

Pokémon's appearance: Is there something about your starter that makes it different from others of its kind?

"Well... I mean..."

136.134.png

"It's blue... hence the nickname."

Roleplay Sample:

I was standing there in my bedroom when a mysterious portal opened up. Of course, via Lady Michele's communication, I'd been expecting it, but as the vortex widened I was still a bit apprehensive about what I was about to do... the whole world-hopping thing, the all-too-real possibility of dying horribly wherever this portal came out to. It was supposed to that Kingdom Icesal, but what if something when wrong and I was deposited... who knows where?

I drew a breath to compose myself. I'd packed some supplies to be (hopefully) ready for whatever lay at the other end of this portal. I'd packed a flashlight, spare batteries, matches, and a pocket knife. The portal was certainly wide enough for me now. I drew a second, uneasy breath and - figuring if I didn't do it now I might never do it at all - just stepped through.

It didn't take as long as I thought. It felt like I'd been nearly instantly deposited into a white room that was empty, except for the nondescript, professionally-dressed, smiling, disoriented guy and the beautiful blonde woman wearing a... kimono? I guessed she was Lady Michele. Maybe this other guy was Don, her butler?

"Nice to meet you, Lady Michele," I greeted with a deferential tone. "What needs to be done around here?"

Apologies for holding up the RP.

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Okay, finally need to actually accept people, less this seen abandoned.

LinearAxel's Sasha Howlett

Gelius3's Kenji Takeshi

and Earth Traveler's Mick Parker

Are all ACCEPTED.

Athough I didn't set a cap on players I'm going to give a few more days for the people who expressed interest but don't have a full SU before posting the IC (which is totally not an excuse for me not having it done and not going to be able to do it for the next few days).

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Hey. I am without WI-FI for a day and stuff happened. Well then.

Years
  • Okay, so about these Colosseum Lords:

Is going to be like all the canon stuff where they get progressively stronger as the trainer advances, or are all the Colosseum Lords on roughly the same level and the trainers need to level their Pokemon up to get on their level? I'm guessing their Pokemon won't be leveled to the trainers.

Edit: Also, how do abilities work? Are they in the RP, and if so, do our Pokemon have access to all of them automatically and simultaneously, or does something need to be done to unlock them?

Last edited:
    Back