• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

t.v. error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    i just realised that in the episode "the champ twins" a quilava used the move swift and both piplup and turtwig avoided it but the move swift is unavoidable!

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ya noticed that?
    there were already many episodes while they were still in Hoenn, and using Swift, they can avoid it, even Aerial Ace... :\

I guess games and anime aren't the same.

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 116
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    The english anime said Arbok evolves into Seviper... I'm not sure about the Japanese version.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    i realised their were many mistakes but not that many!

and there is no such thing as a double contest in the game.

Years
    seismic toss failed? wtf

When charizard fights dusclops the seismic toss fails, which is a load of rubbish.
    Yes I know fighting attacks don't affect ghost types, but they have double standards. Consider shadow ball which shouldn't affect normal types and pikachu electricuting ground types.

once again, rubbish

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    pikachu has also amazingly discovered the power to fight roark and all his ground types too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    If you hate the anime so much why not just stop watching it and complaining about it then? Yeah the anime does have a lot of things which are different from the games. Like mentioned before, they do have dubbing errors but about the electric types hitting ground types think of it this way. If your little 5 year old started punching you, would you feel pain, probably not but as it continues for maybe a few more days (this is only an example) it'll start to hurt you. I think that's how the anime looks at ground types getting hit with electric attacks, or at least did.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yeah, and some Ground types are hurt by Electric attacks.

well, that's easily explainable. I mean, ground types have a certain limit to their immunity to electricity, but if the electric pokemon uses an electric attack that is so powerful with a concentrated dose, that it actually is beyond the limit of the immunity, and thus is affected by it in the same manner as a pokemon not immune to electricity (or any type for that matter).

If you want a good example of this, In the Final battle against Bowser, Giant Bowser used the Star Rod to become invulnerable, and to add insult to injury, the Star spirits original beam attack, the Star Beam, is made uneffective against him at ALL.

BUT! when the Star Spirits regain most of their power via Peach and Twink, not to mention the rest of the Mushroom Planet, they upgrade their original Star Beam to the Star Beam MK II, AKA the Peach Beam, and the attack has become so powerful that Bowser's newfound immunity to the attack no longer exists.

It's a total shame that the Games seem to ignore this, I mean, they could have implemented the entire thing into this (By that, I mean the Hand held Items that make a pokemon more susceptible to a certain attack don't count.)

As for swift/aerial ace being unavoidable, the only reason it was unavoidable in the games is because in the games, the pokemon battling each other were sitting ducks. Believe me, if the games had them actually moving around (Like custom Robo), Swift would be just as unavoidable as the anime (meaning, it won't be unavoidable). Even In Battle Revolution, they were still for the most part, Sitting ducks (Since, you know, they don't actually dodge.).

Also, the Arbok evolving into Seviper thing was dub only. Actually, the segment that dealt with it, "Trainer's Choice" wasn't even PRESENT in the japanese version.

Years
    If you want a good example of this, In the Final battle against Bowser, Giant Bowser used the Star Rod to become invulnerable, and to add insult to injury, the Star spirits original beam attack, the Star Beam, is made uneffective against him at ALL.

BUT! when the Star Spirits regain most of their power via Peach and Twink, not to mention the rest of the Mushroom Planet, they upgrade their original Star Beam to the Star Beam MK II, AKA the Peach Beam, and the attack has become so powerful that Bowser's newfound immunity to the attack no longer exists.

It's a total shame that the Games seem to ignore this, I mean, they could have implemented the entire thing into this (By that, I mean the Hand held Items that make a pokemon more susceptible to a certain attack don't count.)

As for swift/aerial ace being unavoidable, the only reason it was unavoidable in the games is because in the games, the pokemon battling each other were sitting ducks. Believe me, if the games had them actually moving around (Like custom Robo), Swift would be just as unavoidable as the anime (meaning, it won't be unavoidable). Even In Battle Revolution, they were still for the most part, Sitting ducks (Since, you know, they don't actually dodge.).

I salute your knowledge of Paper Mario. Salutes.

As for the lack of dodging, well, most of the super-strong attacks have lower accuracy. I suppose that compensates, but the anime has proven how... idiotic both lines of thoughts can be.

As for Revolution, well, that was supposed to a homage to Stadium, but not quite. Heh.

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
    Yeah, its best not to go to the anime for help with the games. I mean, when facing Brock, it's not like you actually have the option of setting the sprinkler system off to aid you in taking down his Onix.

Years
    That was just wrong why did they even do that I don't get why Ash won anyway
    t.v. error!

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
    I think the Arbok into Seviper thing is a dub error

Probably in the Japanese version it actually ment "Which Pokemon is the same type as Seviper?" but the dubbers accidentally changed it into evolve

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I saw a episode that steelix avoided a Fire attack by using sandstorm!

im guessing thats the episode called "legend of thunder" when jimmy's typhlosion fights against attila and hun to defend a raikou?
    (again another error!)in that episode typhlosion could have easily defeated skarmory and steelix but couldnt hurt them or something somehow...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back