• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tablet Match ~ Eriah vs Veros

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years
  • I put Nocturnal Sanction on hold for an undetermined period of time due to a lack in many vital resources and having run out of patience to continue working on it as is. I may start off again with it sometime, however I realize working on it alone is an impossible task. So instead, I will be working on this simple little game I thought of, and hopefully it will turn out to face completion (in the midst of the countless chapters I have to write for my story)...

The Tablet Match - Eriah vs Veros edition is a game to be made on RPG Maker VXAce, and was inspired by a music from the game Dungeon Fighter Online, made by Nexon. Four tracks from said game will be set to play randomly throughout the game.

This game follows a very simple style, and isn't meant to be something extremely complicated and large. It plays through a single match of cards, or in this case, tablets, in order to commence various abilities and sometimes, summonings.

The tablets are drawn randomly in a single hand of three for both sides, and you never run out. So the game can go on an unlimited number of rounds. Each side gets a total of 20 hit points, and the one to hit zero first loses. This is the gist of the entire game.

However, the game will follow several different variables, not just that of the tablets themselves, but other features... such as weather effects, in which you could lose a tablet at the start of each turn, reduce visibility of your tablets, or even be stricken and lose some of your own hit points.

Other features are turn-based bonuses and ailments, such as cutting damage in half, recovering hit points, taking double damage from attacks, and even full immunity for the duration of the turn. Many things can affect the gameplay, and matches will almost never be alike.

This game is still at an early stage of development, but this thread will be updated when different things are added. However, due to the simplicity of the game, no demos or betas will be released, until the game is 100% finished and ready to be released. When it is, this thread can be used to report bugs, and they will be fixed as soon as possible...

If anyone is willing to offer assistance in creating this game, such as animations, sounds, or other useful resources, it would be appreciated, and credit will be given accordingly. However, know that, like on Nocturnal Sanction, I am not willing to change the way the game plays. I am willing to take note of any suggestions anyone has to offer though.

Track previews (right click to download)
    Tablet Match ~ Eriah vs VerosTablet Match ~ Eriah vs VerosTablet Match ~ Eriah vs VerosTablet Match ~ Eriah vs Veros

Screenshots (click to view)

Back