• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tablets

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Do you own or want to own a tablet? Which one do you have or wish you had? Or do you think they are completely pointless?

I own an Asus Nexus 7 32gb wifi edition and I absolutely adore it for its superior specs and low cost.

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
I too have a Nexus 7. I have the 16GB WiFi variant. I love mine. I though they where a waste of money until I got one. Now I hardly use anything else unless I have a lot of typing to do. They are great for browsing the net or just being a general time killer. I recently got a Windows 8 laptop and I find myself using my tablet less and less. Probably will pick the tablet up more once the newness of the laptop wares off.

I still use the Nexus more than I use my old school Kindle though.

The test of ownership: Would I buy it again?
Yes, with out hesitation.

Years
I don't currently own a tablet, however, if I had the money to buy one, I would also certainly get a Nexus 7. It's good for what it can do and has rather good reviews online by those who have used it.

Years
I technically share a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with my sister, even though I've used the thing maybe 3 times since we got it last year (it's a nice device, but I'd rather use my iPod). Personally, I find that tablets don't have much advantage over smartphones or even iPod Touches other than screen size. If someone has the extra money, I guess it's cool to have one, but I just think they're pretty pointless when you could get a laptop for almost the same price.

Years
We have 3 tablets in our household (not a single one is mine, though). We have a 1st generation iPad, the 9" Nook HD+ and the 7" Nook HD.

If I were to get any tablet, it would probably be one of the Android-based tablets like the Nook.

Years
I've never really been one for tablets. I bought a really cheap one once to use as an e-reader but since it was cheap, it didn't last long. In my household though we have three tablets, one iPad 2 owned by my brother and two android tablets which I can't remember the model of, owned by my two sisters. They seem content with them but I've always preferred something like a notebook that has actual keys and such.
I am however, becoming more intrigued by these laptop/tablet hybrid type things that are coming into the market now. I'd never buy one, but damn that microsoft surface is sexy looking.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I've got a first Gen iPad, which is used by my mum mostly, and I'm borrowing the Nook Color my dad has, I run Jelly bean from an SD card on it. (I'm mostly seeing how the smaller form factor works for me, I've been tempted by the iPad Mini)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My dad bought me one of those "starter tablets" on ebay for Christmas (that I *still* can't figure out the brand >_>), running ICS 4.0.4. It's an okay tablet, though I expect more. Later on next year I am going to look into getting the Nexus 7 tab, which I heard it's such an amaaaaaazing tablet. (Though I kinda want the Surface more, it looks pretty and it has everything I need for school. :D)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
When the iPad came out, I was like trying to revive a dead market? Oh well. But Tablets have caught my interested. Inbetween the want for the Nexus 7 or the Nexus 10. Or maybe wait till the next Nexus Tablet.

My dad has the current iPad 4 (Work purposes), and my mom got the Surface for christmas. I'm so jelly. But I got the Wii U, Nintendo Tablet ftw.

Sir Codin

My entire family have major hard-on's for iPads at the moment.

Me? I personally don't want a tablet. I hear their performance is usually inferior to a laptop you can get for a fraction of the price. Even if that wasn't the case, with the exception of Nintendo handhelds, I absolutely hate touchscreens.

So, no. I'm not interested in getting a tablet.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
My entire family have major hard-on's for iPads at the moment.

Me? I personally don't want a tablet. I hear their performance is usually inferior to a laptop you can get for a fraction of the price. Even if that wasn't the case, with the exception of Nintendo handhelds, I absolutely hate touchscreens.

So, no. I'm not interested in getting a tablet.

Really? I think tablets have gotten a lot better. I had a 'fraction of the price" (compared to iPad/Surface not the 7inches+N10) and it ran horrible. I would suggest you convince you family to the android side. ;) #antiapple

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I have an Asus Transformer (16GB) and I really do like it. I mainly use it to take to college because my laptop is a desktop replacement.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I have an Asus Nexus 7 32GB and I love it. :D It's so cute and there for me when I want to go online but don't want to sit at my desktop. I will also be taking my new tablet to school since my netbook's battery died.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I treated myself to a 16GB iPad Mini. I loove it. I mainly got it for FaceTime for when I go to college so I can talk to my parents.

Back