• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tag Battle with a wild Pokemon as an ally?

Years
  • I was considering, when the player first meets the evil team, having the mascot legendary fight alongside the player in repelling them. But I don't want the player to catch said legendary yet. Would there be a way to pull off a tag battle where your ally is a wild Pokemon instead of a trainer? Or would it just be easier for me to make an invisible trainer that sends out said legendary?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    The easiest way to do this would be with a partner trainer (give it the Pokemon's name and an empty sprite).

Another option would be to still use the partner trainer and set a global switch. Then in PokeBattle_Battle change some code to skip the send out animation and show different text.

EDIT: After checking the code, it doesn't seem to be a quick fix. It would be much easier to just use an invisible trainer.

If you do want to get into the code and add the functionality for yourself this is how I'd do it; create a partner trainer with the same graphic as the Pokémon. Then in "PokeBattle_Battle" edit "def pbSendOut" to check when to use the new sendout method. PokeBattle_ActualScene contains the actual functions which do the animations, etc. (which is "pbSendOut" for the player's Pokémon). There you can add the new function which does the basic necessary stuff for sending out a Pokémon (like "pbSendOut" or "pbTrainerSendOut", without the animations, etc.). If you get this to work then please let me know, if not, I might do this but it wont be within the next few weeks (or months (tbh, due to other stuff with higher priority)).

Last edited:
    Back