• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tag-teaming gyms

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Tag-teaming gyms

Today whilst taking on the local gym at the same time as my boyfriend we discovered that you can both fight the same Pokémon at once in order to take it down a lot quicker and storm through the gym. Both of the Pokémon you are using will appear in the battle on opposite sides and both of you will be attacking at the same time (with both of you also taking damage simultaneously). Is this a feature you make use of with your friends or even strangers? Did you know this was possible? Do you think this makes gyms too easy to take down on top of already being pretty easy to defeat?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • This is a thing I did once with a friend and I want to do it again, but he's only in the city fr the week so I'll lose my partner :(

He have better Pokemon than mine, but I help him t keep them t the end by attacking the weaker ones.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    I think it's a cool feature that promotes playing with friends. I don't necessarily dislike it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Took on a level 8 Instinct gym with 3 Mystic friends today and oh boy did it fall quickly. A conquest that would usually have taken me 10+ minutes solo ended up being over in seconds. Starting to think this whole tag teaming thing is a bit of a broken mechanic! Are you guys abusing this yet?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Happens a lot in NYC. I think the most I've been part of was a 4-man team effort. I've never seen CP2000-2500 Lapras and Dragonite go down so fast before.

Believe it, since level 5+ gyms filled with high CP1000s to CP2000s don't last more than a few minutes in NYC. They get vaporized almost as soon as they're set up. No one can level up prestige faster than opposing teams ganging up on them (you gain mere hundreds of points vs. losing thousands per defeated Pokémon).

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • My group of friends and I have been abusing this tactic to take down gyms that have pokemon up to 1,000 points above our strongest. It's a system I personally like, as it promotes working as a team, and a little bit of pre-planning. Plus it's just fun to beat people's pokemon with your friends.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I noticed this YESTERDAY and I thought it was a Pokemon waiting on queue for the next fight. Then I realized they were also attacking the gym leader D:

Good feature

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2017
    I have yet to Tag-Team a Gym with anyone I know. Its always just been a spur of the moment kind of thing. So has anyone compared the XP you get when Tag-Teaming? Since you are both taking equal damage, I would think you both get the same XP for victories.

Back