• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Tag - We're It...!" Episode Discussion

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    I think we like Conway because he gives useful information about strategies with sounding like a boring teacher hint....Bock....hint

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
    XD.
    He is kind of a copy of Brock, only to give information when Brock isn't there to give it.

But I like his personality, he seems sort of obsessive and his battle strategy thing is pretty good.
    If he returned.. less lecturing and stuff.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I think the narrator should be banned from doing voices. Every voice he's done sounds like the narrator. In that J episode it was horrible because he was playing an evil person...sounding like the narrator. I mean, he's a good narrator. He's much better than the narrator in Hoenn who had the weird accent. I just don't think he should play other characters if he can't do other voices well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    is me and jorah the only ones that think conway looks EXATLY like teenage max? i mean same hair color,same clothes and a amazing knowledge of pokemon maves and tactics

Years
    is me and jorah the only ones that think conway looks EXATLY like teenage max? i mean same hair color,same clothes and a amazing knowledge of pokemon maves and tactics

Well, we established ourselves that he's based on the Super Nerd design in the Tag Team finale, but, hey, that hair color is a tell. Heh. Maybe it's time travel. Hehe.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I don't understand how Dogasu *doesn't* understand about the dub names. We are "so eager to toss away the Japanese names...in favor of some English names that a few people up in New York came up with" because, well, most will watch the dub more than the Japanese version (because of repeats/TV/understanding/1st language/not really a bad dub?). I don't know about other anime fandoms, but for Pokemon, the dub is the norm. Since the other names we get are "Americanised" (I've never known whether to be ironic and spell it with a "z") so when we have to use names like "Kouhei" it just doesn't fit in with what we're used to for the dub and because the dub is our norm, we're eager to hear their "proper" name. I suppose it's the other way round with Dogasu because the Japanese version is normal to him.
    I don't know about anyone else, but the reason I watch the Japanese version is so 1. I don't get spoiled to (and I'm impatient) 2. The music (haha XD). So the only reason I would use the Japanese names is because I have no alternative until we get the "translated" version. And of course dub watchers are going to care when we've got names like "Paul".

What's the difference between a name "a few people in New York came up with" to "a few people in Japan came up with" anyway?

Music...wankery!? Er, what!?

Years
    I don't understand how Dogasu *doesn't* understand about the dub names. We are "so eager to toss away the Japanese names...in favor of some English names that a few people up in New York came up with" because, well, most will watch the dub more than the Japanese version (because of repeats/TV/understanding/1st language/not really a bad dub?). I don't know about other anime fandoms, but for Pokemon, the dub is the norm. Since the other names we get are "Americanised" (I've never known whether to be ironic and spell it with a "z") so when we have to use names like "Kouhei" it just doesn't fit in with what we're used to for the dub and because the dub is our norm, we're eager to hear their "proper" name. I suppose it's the other way round with Dogasu because the Japanese version is normal to him.

I don't know about anyone else, but the reason I watch the Japanese version is so 1. I don't get spoiled to (and I'm impatient) 2. The music (haha XD). So the only reason I would use the Japanese names is because I have no alternative until we get the "translated" version. And of course dub watchers are going to care when we've got names like "Paul".

What's the difference between a name "a few people in New York came up with" to "a few people in Japan came up with" anyway?

Music...wankery!? Er, what!?

Excellent counter. Really.

I think his contention is "you go for the original form, then you immediately ditch it for the other." It's like Miru/Mira -- to borrow another rant from him -- and "ZOMG, it changed a vowel, let's ditch the original version." It's that rapid switching of gears, and I've noted it on here.

Personally, it's all the same to me, so I don't make any issues of it. I go with dub names for expediency, unless I have to specifically discuss on the conversion process -- mainly, for characterization, like Mewtwo and Myuutsu, for example. One wants to conquer the world, the other wants vengeance -- big difference. So, for that, I do split the difference. Sometimes, I also go with what people will respond to (Japanese or English), and go accordingly. I hope it explains that for you, as I can't read the guy's mind.

As for the "New York/Japan" remark, I think he means on the characters-of-the-day, as they aren't video game canon characters, and, therefore, not officially named/acknowledged by NOA. Otherwise, he'd make a Washington reference. Heh.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Well to me it just makes more sense to call them by the dub name because that is all I know. I don't really know the Japanese name at all or just don't remember it and when I hear the dub I already know the name as used in the dub.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well, about switching it Mira, Mira's her game name I suppose, so people are more likely to use that from the start rather than switching. And if people did switch, well, I suppose it shows what your first language can do to you? Haha.

I don't think anyone does care what random filler character's names will be (well, I've seen *one* person on another forum, but he's rather...odd). People wll care more about the more interesting characters, though.

Back