• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TAKESHIS CASTLE

Years
    ILIKE IT WEN THEY FALL OVER LOL
    WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT GUYS?

ANY1?
    IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE HU THINKS ITS AMAZING LOL

Last edited:

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    To clear this up, Takeshi's Castle is an older game show hosted by comedian, Beat Takeshi. If you've seen the show, MXC ("Most Extreme Elimination Challenge") on SpikeTV, the footage for that show is taken from Takeshi's Castle, and then horribly (but very awesomely XD) dubbed.

That said, I've only seen MXC, not the original, but the falls are the same. x_x

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2007
    this show owns
    i love when they nearly break their necks on the skipping stones and high rollers
    and spud rules!!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    I haven't seen it as Takeshi's Castle, I used to watch MXC but I haven't seen it in ages, It's probobly been over a year or two since I saw it.
    I prefer Ninja Warrior (Sasuke in japan) though.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    i think Ninja Warrior is better as well because it has tougher challenges, from speed to strength. comparing to Takeshi's Castle, it has 100 contestants, and tough challenges awaiting them, but Ninja Warrior is more tougher, and a lot better than Takeshis Castle because it is more modern.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    Well you have to consider Takeshi's Castle was made in the 80s, Sasuke (What Ninja Warrior is called in Japan, well technicly Ninja Warrior is what america calls Sasuke) started in 1997, Although what you gotta love the coincidence of, the Sasuke courses happen on "Mount Midoriyama" (They consider the Final Stage the mountain part) and airs in japan on "Tokyo Broadcast System" (TBS), Takeshi's Castle was shot at "Midoriyama Studio" for "Tokyo Broadcast System". Some of my facts might be wrong because I honestly haven't seen Takeshi's Castle, only a couple of MXC episodes over a year ago.

But from what I've noticed, the reason Sasuke/Ninja Warrior requires more skill would be because its based on the Obstacle Course, While Takeshi's Castle seems more like a strategy game. Although a mix of both would be "Viking: The Ultimate Obstacle Course" which I've never actualy seen an episode of (As they showed it dubbed on ESPN which I don't usualy watch), thats made by Monster9, The company responsible for Sasuke, pretty much the same premise although the theme is kind of different (Being that they actualy have one), but it has a couple of mental tests too, like there is this one obstacle where you have to do a math problem (Which would probobly be an obstacle I'd be taken out on), and one where you can either move a heavy log to balance across, its easier to balance on but its heavier, or a small peice of wood you have to walk across, its light, but hard to ballance on. Viking was canceled because of too many injuries caused by the obstacles though, there are some clips on Youtube and Veoh though, Heres the Wikipedia page
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking:_The_Ultimate_Obstacle_Course

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    i think Ninja Warrior is better as well because it has tougher challenges, from speed to strength. comparing to Takeshi's Castle, it has 100 contestants, and tough challenges awaiting them, but Ninja Warrior is more tougher, and a lot better than Takeshis Castle because it is more modern.

All those reasons and more are irrelevant because Takeshi's Castle is hilarious and isn't meant to be "Super cool movie styled stunts"

Better because it is more modern? Pfft. Super Mario World is still better than any of the newer instalments, Takeshi's is still better than most game shows. Simple facts of life.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    All those reasons and more are irrelevant because Takeshi's Castle is hilarious and isn't meant to be "Super cool movie styled stunts"

Better because it is more modern? Pfft. Super Mario World is still better than any of the newer instalments, Takeshi's is still better than most game shows. Simple facts of life.
    Yep.

Takeshi's Castle is the only game show that I like to watch. x0 I forget what channel it's on though...

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    lol i love takeshis castle. i lol alot XD i love the labyrinth XD LOL

Back