• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Taking Pokémon Games to the next level?!?

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    I just bought Soul Silver a week ago and I already love that your Pokémon can follow you around and you can talk to it.

I also love that they made more puzzles in the gyms and stuff.

What if they combine those two ideas? Let's say you're in a cave and you have to get to the end of it for something. So you look around the floor you're on and you don't see an exit door. All you see is a small <Insert your favorite color> square. When you step on it, it opens a secret door. Cool! But when you step off it the door closes. So you tell you Pokémon to "stay" on the square. Then you can just walk in the door. ( When you go through some kind of door your Pokémon magical appears behind you)

I'm taking about commands you can give to your Pokémon to get through obstacles. Here are some examples:

Stay- The Pokémon stay where it is. Obviously. If you get like 5 steps away from it you can't use it in battle. If you get like 50 steps away from it, it will come back to you or if you go through a door. When you tell a Pokémon to stay the next Pokémon in your party will start to follow you.

Follow- The Pokémon will start following you again. (Can only have 1 Pokémon follow you at a time so the Pokémon following you before you talk to the other Pokémon goes back in poke ball).

Special- This one would depend on what type of Pokémon is following you.
    Examples: Electric- Can like start a generator, TV, radio, anything electronically.
    Fire- Light something on fire like a torch, bridge ect.
    Flying- Can get something really high up like on a cliff where you can't get.
    Water- Can get something under water where you can't get it.

I think it would be cool if you can get you pokemon to do more than just battle. Where they can actually help you out with obstacles and puzzles.
    What do you think! Do you have and other Special type ideas? I might add them to the list if I like them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ^ Agreed. Way too similar to Ranger. Only difference is that you can keep your Pokemon. Since Pokemon is predominantly marketed at kids, I think that maybe that's a little too much. My brother (who is 9) still has trouble getting through the game. I don't even think he's beaten HeartGold one time yet. So yeah, neat concept, but maybe a little bit too much.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    ^ Agreed. Way too similar to Ranger. Only difference is that you can keep your Pokemon. Since Pokemon is predominantly marketed at kids, I think that maybe that's a little too much. My brother (who is 9) still has trouble getting through the game. I don't even think he's beaten HeartGold one time yet. So yeah, neat concept, but maybe a little bit too much.

never thought about it beening too hard for the younger kids. XD but about it being about ranger. im not saying making it a huge deal. just some more puzzles and pokemon interaction outside of battle.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • If you did that, you would have to make it to where the commands like stay and follow were crucial to the storyline, but the other ones like the special abilities were just to get extra stuff. Unless you used this idea to take out the HMs, which I wouldn't be opposed to.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how it would play out without making things too complex (Then again, B/W is introducing triple battles, so I guess anything is possible). I just don't want the puzzles so complex that I waste an hour trying to figure them out.

As for other ideas, Ice can be used to freeze water so you can get across it.
    Ground can be used to dig holes under the ground to hunt for items or to carve a path between two areas.
    Rock can be used to pile up rocks to be used as steps to reach other areas.
    Psychic powers can be used to move items and teleport yourself
    Grass has a number of uses... growing vines so you can scale walls, for instance.

Again, the complexity may be too much for the hardware as well as younger players, but it would make the Gym puzzles test you AND your Pokemon.

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    That may sound like pokemon ranger

But i makes pokemon what it was suppose to be
    Where pokémon help humans

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I think the basic commands is a great idea! But yeah, for little kids' sake, not so many puzzles. It would also be cool if you could ride the larger Pokemon... :P

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • Actually, I would love this idea, in a mixing of pokemon ranger and zelda spirit tracks: so we will not need any surf HM because water pokemon can transport us, flying pokemon will have fly, and other ideas like ice pokemon can create ice pillars from water to use like bridge (like in golden sun...).

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
  • Your idea was good until the pokemon magically appeared.
    Maybe there should be a button on the other side of the door so when the trainer goes through he can stand on it and let his pokemon come through.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    It is a neat idea. Though, I'd imagine for something like that to be implemented it'd have to be used very often and expanded on, or crucial to the actual story and gameplay. If it were just an every-now-and-then little feature, it'd probably be too complicated for what it's worth. Pokemon's not a puzzle game, and as said it would probably confuse a lot of younger players. The concept of Pokemon helping you in ways beyond just battles and HMs is nice, but making it fit well with the actual game seems like it'd be... awkward. And of course we already have spin-offs like Ranger that sort of do this sort of thing.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    You should check out Pokemon Prism There are some events in it where you can actually take control of your pokemon and make them perform certain tasks. It's pretty cool.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • ok man try making the post in clearer colors then I'l read it.

as to the next level you mean better graphics and more convenient features, I'm all for it. aslong as you dont interfere with the quality of exciting gameplay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back